Eastern New Mexico University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastern New Mexico University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastern New Mexico University

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portales, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, NM).

Interview

I was told what the job entailed and asked if that was what I was willing to do. Then he described his research and we talked about that and if I was interested in helping. I was hired. The secretary verified all my records and then I was given an orientation to the lab.

Interview Questions

• Did I know about their research projects currently going on.   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portales, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, NM).

Interview

Collaborative, informative, professional. The hiring committee chair is the spokesperson, references were called before the final interview. The final decision for hiring is at the administrative level and may/may not be the true final choice of the committee.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?
      Why do you think you would be good in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited. However, it's important to negotiate the best salary since all future annual raises are based on your original salary.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portales, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, NM) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by email and/or phone, interviewed in person, but not always called back in the case of not being hired. Different departments treat interviewees differently, but the general format was the same.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation or a question that you don't know how to answer or handle?   Answer Question

FA Specialist/Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruidoso, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern New Mexico University (Ruidoso, NM) in April 2011.

Interview

Mainly Face to Face interviews for multiple occasions. It began with applying for the position which I delivered in person along with a resume, cover letter, and official transcripts. From there I received a call to set up a time to interview and met with a panel on two occasions and administration on one occasion. Part of the process, included a skills test where I was asked to answer basic advising information. After this I received a call that I would be offered the position and met with HR to complete all the necessary paperwork and then began working.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as tell me about yourself and questions directly related to the position.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern New Mexico University in June 2010.

Interview

Resume, job application, and support information was required in paper. No online process existed to submit application for positions. Call backs and the interview process can be lengthy due to hiring committtees or the sole responsibility of the supervisor to hire large job pools.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with an university-wide ERP? How long?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations to my knowledge for entry level and/or support positions. Position is sold based on job security if probation period and evaluations meet expectations.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

no interview needed. just hand in your application. be sure your gpa is 3.0 or higher. good college standing will help you get this job. major responsibilities are to help instructor with academic research.