Eastern Virginia Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastern Virginia Medical School Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School.

Interview

Average time 30-40min. Met with the Principal Investigator and he gave the run down. Pretty standard kind of interview. Be ready to answer in-dept questions about what you know and what you need training in.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position/this lab/their work?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was aggressive because I really wanted this job. I did not just submit my resume and hope for the best. After submitting my application & resume online, I found the phone number of the dept. I would be working for, then found the right person to talk to. I emailed this person, introduces myself and said, "I don't want to be just another resume in the stack on your desk. Please let me interview for the job." If I hadn't done this, I would have been passed over. I was actually told I was selected because I was showing genuine interest in the position and they needed someone they could count on to stay. I got a couple phone calls when they were in the decision making process, one was for invitation to an interview.

During the interview, there were 3 people interviewing me in a conference room and they all had questions. They were all very friendly, though, and the interview was a breeze. The questions centered around the type of questions all employers have: What are this person's chances of staying? Are we going to hire him/her and then they leave right after we've trained them? What goals/plans do they have for their future? Let's find out about this person's work ethic, we want to make sure we are hiring a solid employee. They basically got a sense of my work ethic, my desire to work for the company, my long-term goals, my past achievements, how I've handled problems at work in the past, how independent can I be since my boss is normally too busy to supervise, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us three things about yourself that you haven't mentioned yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate something higher than the minimum of the range that was specified for the job, but was told they couldn't offer me more at this time.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call approximately one month later for an interview. The interview was in two parts - one on one with two staff members and then with the executive (all the same day). The interview was relaxed and fairly informal. I was told that a decision would be made by the beginning of March. I followed up and was told that I would be contacted by phone, email or by mail. I never received anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working directly with an executive employer? Are you comfortable providing constant reminders to keep him/her on task?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School.

Interview

I applied online using the system and received e-mail asking me to schedule interview several days later. I talked to several people in the office, most of them just provided information about what they do. The would-be supervisor asked typical questions: Tell me about yourself, What is your previous job experience? Why do you want to work here? Do you know how to use a computer? etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discussed salary in person, not much wiggle room because cap is set by Human Resources. I was able to negotiate start date.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I went on 2 interviews. One with the department manager, the other was with the department manager and a HR rep. Everyone was nice and friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

2-3 week, phone interview, then a panel interview. Was told after the interview that they would notify me about a week later, but by the time I arrived home, they had already called to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Contacted and screened my HR. Contacted by department to schedule interview. Interview with department manager. Called within a week and offered position. Salary was non-negotiable. Drug tested the following day. Pretty straight forward process.

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with three people - the director of the department and two other PR Managers. They took turns asking questions.. The interview lasted almost three hours. In comparison to other interviews I have been on I felt that it was excessive. Many of their questions were repetitive.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a while after my application submission to receive interview offer. Interview was at my lab where I met with the office manager and investigator who was running the lab.

Administrative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and then one on one interview