EcoHealth Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EcoHealth Alliance

Interviews for Top Jobs at EcoHealth Alliance

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EcoHealth Alliance (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The CFO was an hour late for the interview. He seemed extremely distracted and took phonecalls during the interview. The questions he asked were inappropriate. He asked about my personal situation at home and was I in a relationship. He indicated that in his accounting department, everybody fills in and covers everyone else's responsibilities during a Grant Submission, which sounded strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EcoHealth Alliance (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It took a while, but I expect that with most jobs. After I was hired, I realize its because there is a small interview team and many applicants. The admin who dealt with me and office mgr asst were awesome and communicated well and made me feel comfortable with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EcoHealth Alliance (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they reached by email. First interview was by Skype with PI. Really nice and promising. Second, They asked me to do a presentation regarding my last project to CEO, PI and his team. Unfortunately, they decided to close the job position but overall, it was a really nice experience.

Disease Ecologist/Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EcoHealth Alliance (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the job on Idealist.org and sent in my application in late February/early March. I didn't hear back til early May when they emailed me with a request for an in-person interview in the NYC office. The interview involved a research presentation and a group interview with the senior research officers. Since the role was for a research scientist, they focused entirely on the technical aspect (my qualifications, my research interests, etc) and very little about the organization or work dynamics. I ended my interview on a high note, but did not hear back from the organization until mid July after they found another candidate and got an acceptance.

Overall, it was an ok interview, a bit surprising that they didn't do a phone screen first, but they did reimburse for the interview costs. I would have preferred a bit more contact between the time of application to the initial interview invite and after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the SIR/SIS model for epidemiology?   Answer Question
    • Have you lead a research project before and if so, did it involve fieldwork or modeling?   Answer Question