Edmonds Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.5

Marketing Programs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview of about 15 minutes. Then an in person panel interview (about an hour). This panel interview included giving a short presentation to the group. Then a final interview with just 2 people (about 30 minutes). All in all the process was pleasant and not "tricky".

Interview Questions

• What are some obstacles that current students face when trying to succeed at a community college.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Lynnwood, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

- 1 round interview. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers are students, so they dont ask really tricky question. However, it was really interesting.
    - There are aboy 15 questions and each candidate has 30 mins for them plus 15 mins prepare the answers beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How I value diversity? What is the most important aspect of diversity? How can I promote diversity on the campus   Answer Question

Engineering Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonds, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Edmonds, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I sat around a table with about 6 other people. At the start of the interview I was asked to give a 20 minute lesson that would be appropriate for a lower division mechanical engineering class. I was told about this part in advance so I was able to prepare. During the lesson, the interviewers asked me questions just like they would in class. After the lesson they interviewers each asked me a succession of 12 prewritten questions. They were not allowed to deviate in their questioning but I was encouraged to elaborate on my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you engage women and minority students, some of whom don't speak english well?   Answer Question

Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

The interview process was easy and very comfortable
    I interviewed with two supervisors and the questions were common.
    Nothing were difficulty in answering for the questions if you had some preparation in prior.
    Just know the nature of the job, employer expectation, and how are you planning to manage the work balance with them.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College.

Interview

I thought the interview process was pretty informal and basic. The whole process was about 20mins long. Firstly. I got in and check in with my supervisor which interviewed me, then went over my letter of recommendation and transcripts to get a sense of my qualifications and credentials. He then start asking about precious employment experiences and information. Basic minimum wage pay

Negotiation

It was minimum wage , so there wasn't any negotiations

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Lynnwood, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Excessive written supplemental questions--- seeks details that are far more clearly communicated in an interview. High emphasis on written answers to clear for interview. Committee of peers or department members also makes it a chemistry challenge and internal candidates seem to have an inordinately high level of success...vs "from the outside"

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

The process of interview is really easy. They ask for transcripts so that they can check which classes you can tutor on. Once there, they ask you about your experience tutoring, and how can you help students understand the concepts of the classes.
    They ask about working experience, and how is it related to the department, in this case, TRiO.

Interview Questions

• There was not a really hard question. It was more about sharing your experience, and explaining the reasons for applying for the tutor position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me few weeks later to let me know that I can tutor in the Spanish and Computer Information Systems classes. They had a fixed payment rate for the students, so there was not much of a negotiation.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edmonds Community College (Lynnwood, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online, answered some essay questions about my professional and academic experiences and was invited onsite to be interviewed by the hiring committee for that position. During the interview, members of the committee asked me questions that reflected the domain I wished to teach then I was asked to provide a 10-15 minute lecture on a specific subject from my domain of expertise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't one. Pay is determined by years of experience and amount of documented accredited training\credits\degress.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

the interview process was fun because the interviewer did not try to intimidate you and was always try to help you along the way throughout the interview process. The interview was ended with a phone call test that will allow the interviewer to see your skill in answering other person who might ask about random things. After this was done, you will be asked to wait for about one to two weeks before any decision was to be made.

Interview Questions

• What would be your asset to the organization if you were to be chosen?   Answer Question