El Paso Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

El Paso Community College Interview Questions

Interviews at El Paso Community College

2.6

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Supervisor talked to me about the work responsibilities, what I was going to do, he asked me about my knowledge using different computer programs. I talked about my customer service experience.

Administrative Office Assistant Interview

Interview

Group interview, ask very basic questions. The only way you actually get hired is if you know someone and they already have you in mind to hire you. It doesn't ,after how much you know, that will not get you the job.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at El Paso Community College.

Interview

The application was the longest part of the process. The interview was thorough but very comfortable. It's important to know why tutoring is something you want to do beyond just a paycheck. It seems that the employer is looking for people who genuinely care about helping others more than the expertise in skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a tutor?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at El Paso Community College.

Interview

Came in, went over my CV, and my credentials. We spoke about possible growth opportunities and at the end they offered me a job and told me possible classes I could teach.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently to get across to the students   Answer Question

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I met before a panel and was asked about my experience and credintials. I provided copies of all my instructor certifications and was evalutated on my teaching and presentation skills.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

All previous work experience and job evaluations and student evaluations are discarded once you hit the interview step. Then they have a committee of discipline peers, if you have had a problem with any one of them in the past you can write off your career there. Even if it wasn't your doung, very very political. They hire who they like, not who is most qualified.

Interview Questions

• What is the College's Mission Statement?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very laid back. Questions about what's your favorite subject in biology and if you're willing to grade when needed. 5 professors in the committee and they all ask academic questions.

Interview Questions

• Favorite subject in biology.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel interview... good panelists, same questions for each person, great interaction with the panel, ability to discuss your own strengths, they had knowledge about the program, they were all familiar with those selected to be interviewed. They were friendly and open and not standoffish. The college took too long to pick the finalist for the interviews.

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at El Paso Community College in October 2012.

Interview

I received a work-study position under the dean of arts. My immediate supervisor was very pleased with my work ethics and values that she recommended to apply to the school once an opening becomes available. My supervisor called me when the position was available. I interview with the department supervisor and one week later, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• No individual question, but I was required to write a paragraph to demonstrate my knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was very simple. Did I want the job? Yes, I did.

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Was asked questions about how to solve simple problems such as explaining fractions and other mathematical concepts. Answered questions from a supervisor, a Lab Assistant, and a faculty member from the Math Department.