El Paso Interview Questions | Glassdoor

El Paso Interview Questions

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX).

Interview

HR was great. Panel interview of lawyers was ghastly. Failure to listen, read demonstrated a disrespect for the process. The lack of basic manners and the knee jerk repudiation of prior knowledge, skills and abilities was amazing.

Hard to pinpoint the precise source of their I'll concealed hostility, but I wasn't their demographic.

I would not be surprised that in the aftermath of the acquisition of the company, some of these women will be interviewing themselves.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process is fair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was good.

Senior Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Very laid back; people were friendly. Very thorough in explaining the position and the atmosphere. Explained the work schedule, benefits, etc. EP was a great company to work for.

Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very short! The interviewer first talked about himself and his education background then asked me about my work experience that I have stated on the resume. No situational questions or behavioral or anything! It was the same way with other applicants as well.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I met with a manager from Reservoir engineering, facilities engineering, production engineering and drilling engineering departments who each had specific questions to ask. After all the questions were answered we had informal conversation about their position, how I would fit into their department if I chose to work there. Also met with a senior VP briefly and an HR representative to go over benefits.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about relevant courses / projects to the position.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very scripted. Not much interaction, was similar to answering a questionnaire.Having said that, the interviewer was very informative and I had a good feel for what the expectations would be of me if I was hired on.

Gas Pipeline Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso (Houston, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

The department manager looked at the resume I sent in with my application and called and asked me to come in for an interview. I went in prepared to sell myself. I had a portfolio and everything. None of it was ever looked at. I was never asked a single question outside of "what do you think of our gym?" I was told what the job was, had the schedule explained to me, met some people around the office, and went home. That night I was offered the job. So were 3 other people. There is a 80% turnover rate in the department...

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts?   1 Answer
    • How do you like our gym?   1 Answer

Principal IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2007.

Interview

Interviewed through a recruiter for a contract to hire position. Several people interviewed me all at once in an office. Standard questions about technology and specific questions about SQL Server.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of cursors in TSQL?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate at the time since it was contract to hire.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at El Paso in January 2011.

Interview

Process Is Very Easy to Navigate

Interview Questions

• Discussed Work Experience   1 Answer
    • Discussed technical Experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company Is Competitive But Firm In Negotiations First Offer Was Final

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Paso in September 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview at AAPG student expo; advance to an all day on-site interview where I was interviewed by several different groups of people, each from a different portion of the company with different specialties. Usually asked the same questions by each different group, which got old.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a project lets say (......) how would you go about attacking it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was what I had expected, so no negotiations were made