Electro Rent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electro Rent Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

Calibration Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electro Rent in May 2016.

Interview

short and rude. the interviewer barely took the time to talk with me . He was short and rude , asking how much calibration experience I had, I replied that I do calibration everyday all day on electronic data recorders. that wasn't good enough , they want someone pre trained in working on the specific equipment they calibrate, which might be finding a needle in a haystack , because they are still advertising this same job again more than a year later!!!!
    I mentioned i was willing to learn anything they could train me , and have lots of electronics education , he barked at me I dont have the time to train you and pay you !
    I wouldn't doubt if they were still looking for their golden child candidate a year from now .good luck !

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electro Rent (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The first interview was with an HR individual and the second was with someone in the department. There are a lot of forms that need to be filled out and an unusual computer test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you worked on at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Electronics Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electro Rent (Van Nuys, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied though the acquaintances, management called to set the interview, very formal interview, very few questions asked, gave offer right away, had to go through medical and background check up . Hr was very helpful, took care of all the paperwork

Interview Questions

• Just asked for introduction , not technical at all   1 Answer

Calibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electro Rent (Van Nuys, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

They have you take an online test. The test is really long and it's mostly about honesty and integrity. The questions are all similar but worded in strange ways so pay attention or you may wind up answering a question in a way other than you had intended.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electro Rent (Van Nuys, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First you need to walk in the building and call HR, They did not answere from first time.. Second HR will pick u up to second floor and place you on a PC to take an IQ test ... Then you will be placed in a small room next to HR and accounting ... I meet the assitant controller/Accounting manager and she was very detial and picky ... everything went good until I asked one (Q) ? I asked her If this is a new position company added due to growth or I am replacing some one who is currently working there ... And she get upset from the (Q) and ended the intreview in less then 2 min and walk away ... I don't Know but it seems like they intreview me for a position that I am replacing somebody there thats why she get upset and ended the intreview and I didnt hear back from them since that day.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work in Electro Rent?   1 Answer

Accountant/Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electro Rent (Van Nuys, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was one on one intreview in ER Van Nuys office ... Meet with HR took web based IQ/Personality test. Then meet with HR manager for 15 min before the Assitant controller intreview me ... She was impressed by my background and work ... Her questions were kind of weird mix with behavioral and technical … examples will be is it ok to organize the file room, is it ok to have mistakes? She mentions in the interview that her boss the controller and president of the company are very picky and in case of mistakes happen it is not acceptable and may result to termination. Seems to me that upper management like to point fingers at each other … Then I took the interview in a different direction asking about work load and expectation, then I start to ask about annual reviews… She was straight forward with me and said not to expect a raise on a yearly basis and raises in Electro rent range from 0.5%-3% depend on each position budget. She mentions that in 2008, 2009, & 2010 they were on salary freeze. I asked when the salary freeze was released in 2011 how much was the average raise she said depends some people get 0% some get 5% … Then we went back to normal accounting debit credit questions and end the interview …

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to organize the file room? And put old files in the boxes to send to the whearhouse?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work overtime including weekends to make sure your boss is happy from you?   2 Answers

Actually I didn’t decline first instead I accepted the offer $62K, they did the background check and drug test … and I told them I will show up on 09/12/2011 for work … but I end up not showing up. Called assistant controller over the weekend and left a message saying I am sorry I have to turn you down because I got another offer… the reason I turned them down was I didn’t felt there is a room for growth nor job stability … Also I rather to work in a bigger company with better benefits more organized.