Elemental LED Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Elemental LED

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elemental LED (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the VP of Sales and we just went over my experience and how it related to the responsibilities outlines in the job description.

Then I had an in person interview with the same person and the VP of Marketing & Channels. The interview was very standard. Although they put more emphasis on what I couldn't do than what I could do. I think they just wanted someone who could get the work done. They didn't care too much about personality or fit for the company (they didn't ask questions like why are you a good fit for the company etc.)

Accounts Receivable Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elemental LED (Emeryville, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially I did a phone interview which turned into a face-to-face interview with several team members. The whole process was quick, painless and professional. Everyone I met with was enthusiastic about the organization and showed great spirit. Several people shared that they had been promoted from within which is a great sign that they value career growth.

When I dropped in to pick up my new employee packet, the whole department came out to meet me and offered a tour! Their excitement is contagious! I can't wait for day #1!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions focused around my contributions to my current and past employers. I may have asked them more questions than they asked me!   1 Answer

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elemental LED (Emeryville, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I met with the management team at the company. We had a very pleasant, informal conversation in a comfortable environment. They shared their style and approach to the business and people. I liked hearing about their values the most. It makes it easier to work with others when you have this in common because you will more agree with each other more often than not.

They also gave me confidence that they have the level of integrity that it takes to creating an long lasting, successful company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background as it related to the work here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy. They made a very good offer which I accepted on the spot.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elemental LED (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty intense. Because of the importance of cultural as well as competency fit the interview were both management and peer based. There was extensive discussion of your impressions of what you perceive from the outside as well as significant insight as to what was happening internally. There was a mix of individual and group interviews where they really were attempting to understand me so that they could determine if this was truly a good fit for the company as well as meeting my expectations. They are looking for long term employees.

Interview Questions

• You have a lot of things on your resume stating accomplishments. I'd like to walk through them to see which ones you led and which ones you just participated in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated position and salary. I didn't get everything I wanted initially but every promise made that I wanted to have came to fruition. They asked me to trust them, I did and am very happy with the whole process.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elemental LED (Emeryville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Painless! Everyone I spoke with was extremely welcoming and actually interested in talking with you. At some points I almost forgot it was an interview, very casual and friendly conversations. Office culture and CEO involvement was a large talking point as those are very important aspects in a company. They were very accommodating with interview day and times too! Overall GREAT experience.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a constant voltage driver and a magnetic driver?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elemental LED (New York, NY).

Interview

short and informal. The process was over the course of two interviews and the second time they made me stay for 3 hours that I was not compensated for and I was not sure if I had the job or not. They also had no clear outline as to what to expect after I left and I felt that I wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• how I would contribute to the company   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elemental LED (Reno, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Multiple in-person interviews conducted off-site. Generic questions and review of resume. Never understood an interviewers' mindset to ask, "tell me about your work history." Read the resume and then ask specific questions that relate to the job instead.

Interview Questions

Elemental LED Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Marcom Project Manager

If you accepted the position, the experience must have been a good one, as we expect
    candidates to interview us as much or more than we interview candidates. If you have
    joined our company, we hope... More