Elements Massage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Mechanicsburg, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a total nightmare. I was a HIGHLY over-qualified candidate that was just trying to give the location a chance. The first "part" of the interview lasted almost 3 hours because the owner (who was the one "interviewing" me) just selected random skills tests without reviewing their content first. She also bad-mouthed her current employees throughout the "interview." To add insult to injury, she then asked me to return several hours later to meet her husband, who had no relation to the operation of the business, because "she had been a bad judge of character recently." I begrudgingly agreed only to be subjected to a painless but redundant 45 minute interview that evening.

I received the initial offer before i could even arrive home (I live less than 15 minutes away) and the owner tried to pressure me into accepting the offer on the spot. She was annoyed when i asked for the offer in writing and some time to think it over. She called 2 more times before emailing the offer to "amend" it. Ultimately when I attempted to do the polite thing and reject the offer over the phone, she initially said "okay" but then called me back 10 minutes later to try to get me to change my mind. She got very nasty and manipulative because I wouldn't give in.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume on indeed. She called me within a week. I went in, the interview was with owner and manager. The interview was more them selling it to me. She does not ask about your background much. The interview is done in a very small office and your interupted all the time by LMTs. Every question covers personality, none of them lead to you or about you at all. From the first minute you can tell they have little to offer.

Interview Questions

• Previous jobs like the position application was for. Why I wanted to work for them. If I had massages previous. You are required to get massages more than regularly.   1 Answer
    • Background check   1 Answer
    • You do not need to be ready to work full time immediately. They don't have a solid training process. You get a full two weeks of short shifts.   1 Answer
    • Ask for directions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interview is done with two - three people. Owner and one or two of her "management". It feels like an interrogation. General LMT questions.

If they like what they hear you'll do your hands on. NEVER do more then one hands on. They are using you for free massage for management.

Interview Questions

• They'll go through and ask about
      - Where you work now.
      - What your pay grade is.
      -Why you are wanting to leave. (Even if you are only applying for part time for them)
      -Where you went to school.
      - What your plans are in the next five years.
      - What makes you different from other therapists.
      - If you need any days off.
      - Have you ever had an incident with a client before. Explain. (They are looking for if you can handle someone who complains and doesn't like your massage. You WILL have people like that here more then other places )   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elements Massage in April 2013.

Interview

I had originally applied at a different location then chose the current due to the initial taking too long to complete permitting paperwork. Both interviews werre comprised of a 15-20 minute sit down, 55-minute hands-on interview massage, and then a sit down for offer. The 1st sit down was only a few questions about previous experience, how I would take care of certian situations and what my strengths were.

Interview Questions

• If a client came in requesting a specific type of massage and was unsure of pressure, how would you explain to them the diffences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Give the franchise owner a free massage to prove youve been to massage school and that youre desperate enough to give away your time.
    Be warned, if it sounds too good to be true... it is.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pressure do you offer-- on a scale from 1-5   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Edgewater, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process consists of a meeting with the owner. Also, the potential employee with provide an hour massage to see if their massage skills match the quality of therapist Elements is seeking to hire.

Interview Questions

• It's been over 6 years since I was interviewed. Important qualities are reliability, good ethics. the willingness to work weekends.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Newton, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

They asked me some basic questions about previous work experience and my education. Mostly just to make sure I was basically competent, and basically professional. Then I gave about a 20 minute massage.

I couldn't tell at the time if the guy liked my work, but when they called me back, they said he did. So keep your confidence high!

Interview Questions

• How long after a car accident can you massage somebody?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Southlake, TX).

Interview

After they interview you with a series of questions, they expect you to perform a 50 minute full body massage. During this process they will determine what level therapist you are. (pressure level scale is 1 being the lightest, 2 light to med, 3, medium to deep, and 4 is medium to deep/firm).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      What are your favorite massage modalities,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elements Massage (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Its a quick 10 minute interview with the manager followed by 20 minute spot massage. I got offered the job on the spot. I end up working there only three days because they lied to me in the interview saying you have 10 minutes between clients. The really give you just 5 minutes in between clients. I told the manager and her reply was, "Well when its this busy, we do them back to back." On my third day of 5 in a row, back to back, I quit. Pay was decent at $20.50 per 45 minute Swedish massage plus tips. But the tips were low on average about $5 each. My assumption is they were that low because they (clients) felt rushed, were told its an hour massage amd only get 45-50 minutes. Also many clients had more time knocked off due to them being late, filling out paperwork and using the bathroom in addition to going thru a consultation, an upsell on membership process before the massage and again after and having to get dressed. I have 7 years experience and couldn't believe you only get 5 minutes between clients. I left after my third day, with an injury due to overwork.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elements Massage (Glendale, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Front Desk Management, did a hands on massage for both the owner and front desk manager - two hours of free work (not customary in my experiences) and then hired only to be passed to a Lead Therapist, who was amazing at her job, but found she quit within weeks. I was also promised a pay raise within thirty days by the owner during the hands on practical at which point later I found was a lie. I was the first one NOT HIRED by this lead. My orientation was done by this Lead and come to find out she gave me a lot of "false information" because the Owner was changing everything in the poorly written policy and procedures handbook - as the legal verbiage is open to its own interpretation and Owners are allowed to do what they want based on the way the interpret the handbook. They care nothing for there employees nor do they know how to do massage or care about massage in general.

Interview Questions

• There was initial phone call to set up interview. I was interviewed by front desk manager - basic stuff on my resume, was told I was a good candidate for Lead because of my credentials. I was asked to come back to do two one hour massages (which is not customary in my experiences) one for front Desk Manager and Owner. (at which time the Owner promised a thirty day pay raise - false) After hands on practical she went down a basic check list of questions that were pretty standard to massage industry and then told me I was key to turning the place around. At that point, I was then handed off to the Lead Therapist who at which point gave me a lot of false information then quit within two weeks of my orientation.   1 Answer