Elephant BAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elephant BAR Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The manager was a bit late, because he was finishing up another interview. Overall though the experience was good as he was nice and chatty. He first had me read a paper about the duties of the job and sign it and then asked me general questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy to get an interview, all I did was walk in and they scheduled it right away, and the interview itself was only inclusive of one question. Simple process. But I wish they had told me earlier that they had no actual positions available because I went down there for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elephant BAR.

Interview

Easy interview. No experience required as long as you seem promising. Be yourself, be confident. Whole process was less than a week. No food handlers certificate required for Host position.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Norwalk, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One on one interview at first with the manager. She said I seemed shy but sometimes being outgoing is overrated. Afterwords she told me to go in the next day for an interview with another manager. This manager talked to me and asked me why I would like to be a host and why elephant bar. He told me he would talk with his other managers and he ended up calling me back and offered me a job.

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview that took about 30 mins. Next she said that I made the cut and that she would like to schedule me for a seconde interview with the hiring manager. I never recieved the call and sent multiple follow up emails, I can only assume that something got mixed up in the wires and that they eventually settled on another candidate.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elephant BAR.

Interview

Applied in store, filled out an application and received a call back the following day to set up an interview. Had two separate interviews with different managers. Was called back and accepted the job. Began the training process which was one week long and included learning the ins and outs of the restaurant and standard operating procedures.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with it to resolve the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Hayward, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview with general manager, assistant manager, and owner. Accepted my resume and application and scheduled interview right away. Training was effective and work has been consistent to the training. Whole hiring process took one week. Training completion (through a written test) took 5 days. Efficient and easy

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about previous bosses/co-workers?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Dublin, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Undergo three levels of management. Must get approved by the two prior to reaching GM. Lengthy process but super easy. Just be sure to be confident and you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• What does the wow experience mean to you?   1 Answer

Server/Cocktail Waitress/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Easy breezy

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here your over qualified   1 Answer

Negotiation

the hiring process to longer than needed

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elephant BAR (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

was casual. make sure to dress well and speak about how you are good with people and organization. I was interviewed by 2 managers over a week and was hired after the second manager interviewed me. Make sure to apply in person and ask for a manager to hand your application in to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer