Elevate K-12 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Virtual Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Blue Springs, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

Over the phone, very quick and professional, no real time lag on their end, I had a family member go into the hospital and they were very understanding, overall it was an excellent experience

Interview Questions

• What is one way you keep a group engaged?   1 Answer

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Manchester, NH) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was done on the company's virtual platform. It is very easy and conversational in nature. The thing that struck me was that the interviewer wanted to sell me on the vision and mission of the company as much as I wanted to sell her on my abilities. It is so important for companies to make their missions clear and make sure the employees support it. This also made it clear that Elevate K-12 is a company that views employees as the key to their success.

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Worst I've ever experienced or heard of. This company is a joke. Any one of these should be a HUGE red flag if you're considering joining this company. That they all occurred tells you all you need to know about why this company is struggling. The CEO and HR should be ashamed. If this is how they treated candidates to be the #2 person at the company how do you think they will treat you?

Some of the low lights:
    1) The process dragged on for over 3 months, during which the communication was horrid
    2) They wanted to do an absurd number of interview steps
    3) Were very evasive and deceitful about the reason the role was open.
    4) They asked me to put together a presentation, which to do correctly required 30 hours worth of work. Ridiculous.
    5) Attempted to downgrade the title and compensation near the end of the process because they "couldn't afford" me
    6) Ghosted me when I was one of the final two candidates.
    7) I'm fairly certain they stole my presentation material and handed it to the cheaper candidate.

Interview Questions

• They literally provided me their financials and asked me to analyze their entire business including how they run it and tell them what needs to be changed. It became apparent the CEO has no idea how to run a company and destroys the productivity of everyone around her. They were looking for a CFO to be a buffer to protect the rest of the organization from the chaos the CEO creates. Why would you want to join a company like this?   1 Answer

Elevate K-12 Response

Jun 18, 2019 – Director of Talent

We are sorry to hear your interview experience was not to your satisfaction. Adding new people to our team is one of the most important things to us at Elevate K-12. Not only do we want to ensure... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was referred to the position and within a day was on the phone with the hiring manager and HR. Overall, I had a positive experience! I’ve never moved so quickly through interview rounds or had a company so interested in making it work to get me in to talk face to face with them. It was a huge compliment to their internal communication that I was able to move so quickly, especially given the logistics of traveling in from another state.

Interview Questions

• Create a marketing plan   1 Answer
    • How would you execute on specific marketing functions (really targeted questions around PR, employment branding, sales, etc.)   Answer Question
    • Give us an idea about how you would integrate new digital channels into our existing marketing   Answer Question
    • What is your understanding of our target audience and how would you plan to reach them knowing what you know about the company   Answer Question
    • Talk through your experience in branding   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Head of Talent took approximately 30 minutes. It was very professional in that it was conversational and had very clear next steps provided. Then, a video interview with the CEO which was followed a few weeks later with in-person time at their office. Meeting with additional staff at the office during this time was extremely helpful. Consistent, timely communications were made, which I very much appreciated. Can't really say enough positives about the entire process; start to finish it was exceptional.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. The organization had clear communication, about the company, the position and the process. They were upfront with expectations. They also asked great questions which forced me to use critical thinking.

School Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Peoria, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call, asked when I could interview, we agreed on a mutual time and met at a local starbucks. We spoke for about 30 minutes at Starbucks and I was initially told that the interviewer would have to check with her boss; however when I was called it was to meet up for a training that lasted two hours and I was put to work after only two hours of training.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with children   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter is very nice and personable but the ability to communicate next steps and be responsive to emails was lacking. The position had been open for months with valuable time already missed in the edtech sales cycle. The services would be difficult to sell mainly because tutoring is a luxury for many schools. Usually, schools will leave additional tutoring to parents and avoid any unnecessary costs. The other component is that Elevate K-12 services are provided online which are less preferable to in person.

Interview Questions

• What would be your plan of attack for the sales territory?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goffstown, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 (Goffstown, NH) in March 2018.

Interview

I had two interviews, both on video chat. The initial interview was performed by one of the recruiters and the second was done by the HR manager. I was enamored with the company and its mission by the end of the first one. She really got me excited about being a part of the company. My second interview sealed it for me. It was refreshing to talk to people who were so passionate about their company after going through a lot of dry, lifeless interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about helping kids succeed?   1 Answer

High School Spanish Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elevate K-12 in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by email and asked if I would upload my current teaching certificate. An interview was ten scheduled but it was not clear that this was a screening interview and only involved a phone call with one person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my teaching experience.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elevate K-12.

Interview

The interview process was stellar! First a screening phone call with someone in their HR office. The second interview was a video call with the person that would be my manager and works in their sales department. The third interview was a video call with the CEO which was inspirational and exciting to hear about this mature start-up from her perspective. Lastly, the team flew me to their Chicago office to present a product pitch, territory plan and have an in-person interview with the HR manager and the person that would be my immediate boss.
          I was so prepared and informed every step of the way when interviewing with Elevate due to the stellar communication between all different departments. I could not be more impressed with the company and how they treat potential employees. Every Elevate employee I interacted with via email or in person was extremely nice and gracious. Although I did not receive an offer from Elevate, I have only positive things to say about the mission of the company and how I was treated throughout my interview process with Elevate. Best of luck to Elevate!

Interview Questions

• How would you develop leads within your given territory?   Answer Question

Elevate K-12 Response

Jun 18, 2019 – Director of Talent

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to explore an opportunity with us and please do stay in touch.....who knows what the future may bring!