Elgin Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elgin Community College Interview Questions

Interviews at Elgin Community College

2.5

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elgin Community College.

Interview

They have all interviews by committee. Usually 5 people and do not usually do second interviews. There are background checks and sometimes testing. All situational interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary or benefits but start date yes.

Lab Aide Interview

Interview

was quick, asked me about my strength and what i would do in certain situations if i had a conflict with another staff member. quick interview, less than ten minutes long

Staff Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elgin Community College.

Interview

Very poor hiring process. Communication from HR aggravating due to being given incorrect information regarding interview time and location. Onboarding process very unorganized. I was asked what I needed to know rather than them telling me what they needed me to know. For heavens sake, I'm the new employee, I don't know what I need to know.

If you learn from watching, you're in luck. The training is just following people around prior to being thrown into the job without knowledge of what their full duties and where college resources are. I was told to re-read my job description when I had questions.

Plan for an additional hour of Word and Excel testing for all levels even when your job does not require excellence in those skills.

Interview Questions

• You will get a diversity question. Be prepared. Most questions are situational.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but they would not.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elgin Community College (Elgin, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

quick but i hear thats not the usual. hr screen, phone and in person. they provided list of questions during interview to help you stay on target and i appreciated that

Interview Questions

• advising philosophy and why   1 Answer

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Elgin Community College (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Took a very long time, interviewers were stoic and lacked emotion. I must have waited for over 30 minutes for them to show up. It was as if they forgot that I was interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were affected by a diverse experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was and it was positive.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elgin Community College (Elgin, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

Done by committee, interview is 5 or 6 people firing questions. No real in-depth conversations. They have a list of pre set qustions that they have copies of. The questions are asked “round robin”

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elgin Community College in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted by three people from HR. They asked a lot of random questions about how I would handle certain situations and what I thought my best personality traits were. I thought these questions were somewhat relevant, but they never really touched on my qualifications, specific job duties, or experience.

I had to take a timed Microsoft Word and Excel test, plus a typing test. They said they would share the results with me, but never did.

I was also told that I would hear back about the position in about two weeks. They were very vague, so I didn't expect to hear back soon, but after a month pasted I stopped by to ask about the position and they wouldn't give me the time of day. I was only told that I would get an email one way or the other; I did eventually get one of those mass rejection emails after about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• What would my last employer ask me to keep doing, stop doing, and start doing?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Came in twice to meet with 2 different committees. Had to do a presentation for one. This is all expected at this level. They were however very inflexible with times for interviews.
    I did not get the position and I feel that was a good decision for both myself and the college. Only real complaint is the way they conveyed I had not gotten this high level position. I had to send an email for an update and was sent a very terse reply stating “position is filled”. Extraordinary unprofessional for a job at this level. HR department needs guidance and leadership.

Rather Not Say Interview

Interview

Interview process can take several months depending on the department. Communication with HR is often slow and could use improvement as candidates are often left wondering where they are in the process. Hiring teams are purposely stoic and hard to read.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about diversity to see if you are culturally competent.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elgin Community College (Elgin, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I actually did not really have an interview. My former roommate applied for the position he found online. He decided not to take the job when it was offered to him. So she asked him if he knew anyone who would like to work. He recommended me and she had me apply online, she and I had a brief phone conversation and that was it.