Ellucian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.7

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Maitland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me thru email I replied with the days available she never answered back until I got with the Monster recruiter then she replied with a cam interview for 10pm Eastern. I replied back before that night to make sure 10pm was correct she said no it was supposed to be for 10:00 am. So far Im thinking this company is very unprofessional never got back to me thru email then giving me an incorrect time for the interview.

Senior Liaison/Applications Cons Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellucian (Shrewsbury, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. Two phone interviews and onsite with the manager, supervisor and the team. It's a great way to get a sense of the team and how important it is to the whole team to obtain the best fit

Interview Questions

• How would I go about influencing the Cilent in the right direction?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellucian (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was not offered a position but the HR team was very unprofessional. The HR business partner managing my application called my references and told each reference Ellucian was extending a job offer to me. The company then made the job offer to another candidate. After inquiring for more information, the HR business partner initially lied about making any statement about making a job offer. I respect the decision to hire another candidate, however it was unprofessional and cruel to tell references a job offer was being extended to the candidate and then to not make the offer.

The interview process was standard with several interviews: Initial phone screen with HR, phone interview with the hiring manager, on site interview to interview with four marketing department employees, writing assessment, and final interview with the CMO.

Interview Questions

• What are four brands that describe who you are and why.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

Walking through their office and I didn't see many people that looked like me. Not sure if I was purposely brought into the kitchen area for coffee when there was another black person there. If you are not white or Indian you will be an outsider.

Interview Questions

• Would you like some coffee?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

The interview and hiring process as a whole was smooth and quick. The interview process demands that the applicant knows who they are, and what they can bring to the table. Ellucian has an outstanding HR department, which makes the rest of the hiring process a breeze.

Interview Questions

• What are new or existing technologies that you are excited about?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ellucian (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Met several of the recruiters at a college career fair in Florida. Truly hit it off with them and they recommended I apply for the Entry Level Software Developer role -a position tailored for straight out of college graduates. I decided to apply online only to find out I was not selected for the position by refreshing the job submission page a few days later. About a month later I received a call about placing me in the CHASE program which is also a position for college grads. I happily accepted, applied online, participated in a video interview where I felt very confident after, and received a call 2 weeks later that I was "over qualified" and that my resume was passed on to the Cloud Services department. Excited to hear that my skills were valued so greatly I was eager for this new position. 2 weeks later I had another video interview where I felt extremely confident after. Found out 2 weeks later that I was not selected for the position by, again, refreshing the webpage.

Interviews were split into two parts. The first being behavioral questions and the second being a presentation of some sort. Each time I decided to present a class project on Server Vulnerability.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with clients who are not happy with a service?   Answer Question

Cloud Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at the same time for both Manager-level and Director-level positions using Ellucian's web site. HR called me later that day and said that the Director position was probably going to be filled internally, but that they would like to consider me for a Manager role. They were actually going to hire three Managers and would like to set me up with a phone interview with the hiring director. That interview happened five business days later, and it went well, so I was set up with three more video interviews with current Managers (HR found it impossible to get these Managers to meet with me at the same time, so I had to go through three separate interviews on three separate days.) During these interviews, I learned from the three Managers that they are brutally overworked right now, and they gave me the sense that upper management's decision making is a chaotic mess: good people have left; less-than-good people who should have never been promoted have been let go, with their responsibilities dumped on those who remain; disagreement persists over having employees come into an office versus working remotely. Now I am fortunate enough to currently have a good position with a good company (I just want something even better) so these interviews gave me pause. I thought: perhaps Ellucian isn't everything I'm hoping. Nevertheless, I thought these interviews went pretty well, even though these stretched-too-thinly Managers were mostly just running through a list of questions they had written down, and one confessed that he hadn't looked at my resume before the interview started. Four business days later, HR e-mails me again and wants to set up two more 30 minute phone interviews! This time, with another Director and a VP. Six interviews, and none of them in person. Is this really their hiring process? At that point I'm really starting to see the dysfunction the Ellucian managers were talking about, but I persevered. I was very flexible with my time, and we scheduled the additional two interviews at a time of Ellucian's choosing. The VP interview went badly: he called 10 minutes late, said he was driving when he started the call, and the audio on his call was not very good. His questions were very general and meandering, and near the end of our time he asked why I was leaving my current company, followed by "I guess I should have asked you that to begin with." He simply was not engaged in this interview. A day later, the next call with another Director went a little better, because she was organized and engaged, but she asked many of the same questions as the VP. Two business days later, I was told that Ellucian would not be making me an offer. After six interviews! If you're interviewing with Ellucian, I hope your outcome is better than mine, but beware: Ellucian does not mind wasting your time with their dysfunctional hiring process. Questions asked were mostly about my management and leadership style, with not a single question about something on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult situations?   Answer Question
    • What's your strategy for handling unhappy or difficult customers?   1 Answer
    • What's your strategy for your first 30, 60, 90 days on the job?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Maitland, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was divided into two half an hour parts. 30 Minutes where you answer behavioral questions, and 30 minutes where you give a presentation on a topic of your choice.

Interview Questions

• What kind of question did you prepare for and were you expecting us to ask?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ellucian (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Third party Recruiter hired by Ellucian found me on LinkedIn. First interview with recruiter was a phone screen; second was with a hiring manager; third was with area director; fourth with a VP in sales operations; fifth was with the VP of US National Sales. I was held in their pipeline as a candidate for a couple months. During that time communication was excellent! I received weekly phone and email communications from he hiring manager and the recruiter. Had dinner and lunch on two separate occasions with him as well. Interviews were relaxed but efficient and well done. Offered a position the very first day one in my region/area became available.

Interview Questions

• Began with mostly sharing details about the role and the company, then Behavioral questions about how I handled past experiences and situations. Developed into conversational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Package was excellent. Explained planned vacations to hiring manager with no problems or objection.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. It started with a phone screening with a recruiter. I then had additional phone interviews, one with a senior level consultant and then one with the center manager. Interview questions focused on personality and ability to handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle training a group with different knowledge levels?   Answer Question