Ellucian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ellucian Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. It started with a phone screening with a recruiter. I then had additional phone interviews, one with a senior level consultant and then one with the center manager. Interview questions focused on personality and ability to handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle training a group with different knowledge levels?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Interview process took about three weeks. Recruiter reached out for a simple phone screening. It was very quick, moved forward for a phone interview with the hiring manager later that week. Hiring manager wants to get familiar with your personality and willingness to learn. Was asked to do two assignments. Final in person interview with: Inside Sales Rep, Sr. Director, Sales Manager and the hiring manager.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ellucian (Maitland, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Had to do 2 interview,one with a recruiter (Help desk staff is hire on though Staffing Agencies) that lead to a in person interview which with the Tier 2 Ellucian rep which asked a few questions

Interview Questions

• 1.What is student can't find shortcuts
      2.How do you Cache
      3 Why is Caching important
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (New York, NY).

Interview

Found out about the opportunity at my university. Applied online and then had to take a few assessments. Was invited to come in person after I successfully passed the screening. There was a 30 minute panel interview followed by 30 minute presentation on any topic you choose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Washington, DC).

Interview

the interview was scheduled after a phone screen by HR, after that 1:1 video call with the hiring manager and I got the offer after 2 weeks of the interview .resume based, Reporting tools based question . questions from experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian.

Interview

All three rounds were remote interviews, first on the phone, second via webchat and third would have been via webchat but I had technical issues so a phone call was substituted. Each round was very candid and informal. I wasn't asked any ridiculous questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years". I was asked questions based on the companies values so luckily I had looked those over and related them to how I function as a professional and outside of work.

Interview Questions

• You have a problem in front of you regarding a client and two options to choose from. One choice was derived from thousands of records of data and analytics that spit out an answer for you, the other choice is a gut choice, one that you derived from your experience and what you think ultimately is the right decision in solving this issue for your client. Which do you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay. I was never treated unfairly because I asked for more and ultimately came to a number that everyone was happy with.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Numerous phone interviews, all were focused on my background and how I look at things. It was as much trying to be sure I was a fit with them as they were a fit with me. Overall, very appropriate and positive, although there were quite a few. Coordination happened quickly, so it wasn't too long in between conversations.

User Liaison Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for the company first by email. Once I responded there was an initial phone interview which covered basic experience and explained the position. From there I was contacted by the on site Project Manager for a second interview which went smoothly. Finally a theirs interview with another consultant in the team. I was given an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What functional experience do you have with the Banner ERP system.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

So far 7 separate interview screening calls with 2 more to go. Maybe after that I will have a F2F? The process is longer than expected and so far it has been over 3 weeks. I assume this is an important position thus they are not rushing and most likely they are also interviewing other individuals?

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ellucian (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

Several interviews, starting with Introduction Phone call, then phone interview, then in-person interview. Was never asked any technical questions.
    Would have preferred something more technical since only personality questions cannot always show skill level.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the lowest points in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question