Emerald Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emerald Publishing

Editorial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very disorganized. Their HR is located in England and originally gave me the wrong time. The interview process was styled as a "conversation" on academic publishing and the interviewers gave me the impression that they thought their own field was doomed as we spoke. HR did not follow up despite stating otherwise prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you address someone who is an expert in their field, but you have been asked to speak to regarding an issue with their manuscript?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Worked with recruiter. Phone interview. On Site Boston. Hired in a few weeks. Recruiter was great. On site interview was fine. Did not live up to promises made during the hiring process. After almost two years with the company with positive performance reviews - was offered a promotion but asked to cut my salary in half.

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing in January 2020.

Interview

A bit disorganised as manager had to leave halfway through and hand over to someone else for an interview that had been scheduled for 3 weeks. I mostly enjoyed the interview - nice staff and I can see myself fitting in there. But three weeks later I've had no response as to whether I've been succesful or not despite sufficient chasing (I'm guessing not and won't bother applying again - shame as it was my employer of choice and I think they're missing out on my skillset).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with us in 3 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing (Bingley, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

First round interview was 45 minutes on the phone, was very organised with lots of planned questions and opportunities to show what you could offer to the business. Second round interview was with two members of staff at the Emerald Office, asking many of the same questions but in a less formal format, and including a proof reading test. They took over a week to get back after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet one person who would it be?
      How would your friends describe you in three words?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing (Bingley, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about one job at Emerald, which I applied for with my CV via the recruiter. Had an informal phone interview for that role. Wasn't offered the job, but then same recruiter contacted me about a different job at Emerald in same department. Came into office for face-to-face interview. Very informal meeting, just a chat really. They talked as much as I did, convincing me to take the job, as well as me convincing them to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Mainly talked about my experience and how that would fit with the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing (Bingley, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited for interview shortly after applying for the job, and before the advertised closing date. The interview mainly consisted of competency based questions, and was followed by an editorial task. However, they were slow getting back to me to let me know whether I had got the job, and I have yet to receive feedback on the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Emerald Publishing (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Well structured, organised. Courteous, professional, curious and inviting for a deeper conversation in the subject area. Well thought through flow and sequence of events. Open and very informative about the organisational culture; positive attitude and approach from the recruiting to the offer stage.

Interview Questions

• Predictable, yet strong questions.   1 Answer