Emory Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.9

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had a phone screening interview out of nowhere which threw me off. Questions were rapid fire. After I had two group interviews. First group interview started really late. Interview questions were a repeated in final interview. I was called when offered to the position.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare.

Interview

The campus held a job fair with antipation to staff the new hospital on Main Campus. I attended and did a one on one interview at which they would call you back if you were selected to move forward. I recieved an email within two weeks for a second department based interview at which time i attended. It was a group interview. They asked basice questions abouy experience, why emory, about past employers, situational based questions give me a tine when you........ Two weeks after the interview i was offered the position from hr.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the New Grad RN position and received an email about a week later saying that I was picked for an interview, but they only interview on one day. So you need to make sure you select the department and hospital you want as soon as you get the email. The interviews lasted about 30 minutes each (you can interview for a max of two departments). I received a phone call with an offer about a week and a half after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: tell me about a situation where you could have prioritized your patients better, tell me about a time when you knew you made a difference whether in a clinical setting or volunteer or work experience, tell me why you want to work for Emory.   Answer Question

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The staff were welcoming. There were over 500 applicants, so they were running behind on interviews. Department managers were the ones conducting the interviews. Wish I could have scheduled with more than one department.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the TA Manager via phone and then she actually reached out to me via text since it was after hours. Set up a phone interview and thought the interview went very well but she obviously thought otherwise because I never heard from her again after several attempts to get a decision. It is unacceptable to personally reach out to a candidate and set up an interview with them and then not even do a standard decline. Being a seasoned Recruiter myself, I know all of us have time to decline every single candidate that applies and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions; why are you looking, what are you looking for, what we are looking for, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

was short and sweet just behavioral questions. I thought it would be harder especially since this is a healthcare environment but the people were really nice and down to earth.

Patient Access Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone, Face to Face, Panel/group interview the phone interview was pretty easy, the face to face was easy still waiting to do the group/ panel interview with the CEO. You have to be prepared mainly on behavioral Questions dress for success and have a can do attitude.

Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the nurse residency program and received an invitation within 2 weeks. The interview process was held on a Saturday where all of the hiring managers at most of the units for all of the Atlanta Emory Hospitals held interviews all day for potential Nurse Residency Candidates. When you first arrive, you are ushered in to an auditorium/waiting area where one of the nurse managers speaks to you basically to kill the nerves/time while you wait to be called back for the actual interview. When called back, I was seated in front of 3 nurse unit managers for the Oncology floor and began the interview process. They were extremely warm and friendly and set you at ease to make you comfortable. They asked several questions regarding tough situations you may have faced, why you are a good candidate, previous work history, why nursing, why this floor, and asked about specific things from my resume. Once I was finished they gave me their card and asked for me to contact them about setting up a potential tour of the unit within the next week. Within a day I received an email with a preliminary offer from one of the managers saying he would have HR send an offer early next week and would like for me to come tour the unit soon. Overall a great process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you pick this unit?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why are you a good candidate for this floor?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me a time you had to deal with a patient from another culture, what was difficult? What did you do to help them?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell us about your previous work experience   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your ideal place to work?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was in-depth and intense. Questions ranged from my experience to education. Most of the emphasis was placed on critical thinking and communication skills associated with high-performing healthcare consulting work. Questions were both behavioral and technical. There were a total of three interviews, with each lasting 60 minutes.

Patient Access Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA).

Interview

The interview process was very easy going. I did a phone interview first, then a face to face. The final interview was a grouo interview with the VP. A week later I got my offer. They do send an email for 4 references and also a consent form for a background check.