Emory Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Emory Healthcare

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter in about 4 weeks, scheduled an interview, came in for the interview and by the way...it was very difficult to find and no visual sign (parking is crazy) which almost makes you not want to accept the job because of parking. Interview went well..but as a previous interviewee stated THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME. They toy with candidates' emotions! Yes, toy with like kids. They gather all these fantastic potential employees, interview with them, hire one to none. It's just an experience to them. It's a shame that such a "reputable" company has such "unreputable practices. This is a very young people type environment so maybe they don't know any better. Kids only hire who they know. Professional people GO ELSEWHERE where appreciated and you have a fair chance of actually getting hired!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emory?
      Name a time when...
      Mostly behavior questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. Brief phone interview, in person with manager, skill test, then group interview with COO offer same day. They were very professional and nice. I actually missed my first interview and they called me back a week later to interview again. Easy questions about your experience and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe good customer service and 4 things you liked about it?
      Name a time you made a process easier for your employer?
      Describe yourself in 5 words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes and the questions were basic. It was a group interview and could be a bit difficult because you don't want to have the same response to the same question. We were told by recruiters that there were plenty of spots available so there was no competition. At the end of the day the position was never filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a phone interview the next day. Two days later I was called back to come in for a one on one interview the following Tuesday. It was difficult to find and I got there on time only because someone pointed me in the right direction after 20 minutes of looking! The woman interviewing me was very cold even after telling me how qualified I was! She never smiled and only asked me 3 questions completely unrelated to the job I was applying for. I knew I wouldn't get a call back when she said I should apply to other jobs in other healthcare places because I had more than enough experience. Everyone was nice but if I had to work under her I wouldn't do it. I never even got a call back saying if I was. Going on to the next phase. After a week and a half I knew my fate.

Interview Questions

• How is the weather outside today? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online but had an employee referral so I got an email two days later saying it was forwarded to hiring manager for further review. I then got a phone call on Friday but missed the call since I was at work. A voicemail was left and a number attached saying to return the call to set up phone screening. After repeated attempts to call back almost 20 minutes after the initial call I never got an answer. My friend told me to be patient but almost a week went by. I called several more times and left voice mails so finally my friend went over to the lady and asked her what was up and she said I didn't answer the phone so she figured i had moved on? How am i suppose to schedule my life for an out of the blue phone call if she had paid close attention to my resume it showed that i was currently working two jobs and still technically enrolled in college so the likelihood of me not doing something is slim. Finally after 2 weeks from the initial call she called me back and asked a bunch of Why do you want to work here and what would you offer questions; it lasted maybe 7 minutes and then i was set up for an in person interview. I got there and it was very informal and I easily was passed along to the third interview which is a group interview. I feel like I had the most non rehearsed answers, one girl answered with the companies values and mission and almost sounded as if she was reading from a script and the rest of them said um after every word. I was sure I got the job but i got the generic email two days later telling me how competitive the process was. I have applied for other positions at Emory with the same qualifications such as patient services coordinator and somehow can't seem to get another interview. I will go out on a limb and say Emory is sexist and only hires women for the patient access department. I am glad I didn't get the job at this point and will never work for this organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screening easy questions- tell you what the position is like and the training process
    2. In person interview one on one- Describe your self- why emory etc talk about your resume
    3 Group interview in admin office for 30 minutes, two head executives went around and as several questions

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA).

Interview

Takes forever to get an interview. You are screened by phone before you are offered a face to face. You interview twice for the position. The last interview is a group one.

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview A week after I filled out the application. After my phone interview I got another phone call about 3 days later for an in person interview. The atmosphere of the office was really nice, she only asked about 2-3 questions and told me she was moving me to the last interview. We set up the next interview right then and there. My last interview was about 2 days later. Two people interviewed us(group interview). The next day I got a call from Emory extending an invite for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three part interview, phone interview, meeting with Director of Patient Access, then meeting with Assistant director and CEO of Emory Clinic. They asked standard customer service based questions. If you make it to the second interview you will have to complete a typing test. The third interview is a group interview with 2-3 interviewers and 3-4 applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond your job role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Haven't finished it yet. Currently will go to my last interview next Friday! Passed my phone interview and second interview process. Very easy customer service questions. Won't know until after my last interview for an offer

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you led change at work? Was it successful? What will you do if you have to cancel an appointment?   Answer Question