Energy Future Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Energy Future Holdings Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.7

Risk Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings.

Interview

I heard back an hour after I submitted my online application. The interview process was very disorganized. It took them thirty minutes past the official appointment to send someone down to get me. Two repetitive interviews, an outrageously expensive lunch, a written reasoning test, and a very hard Excel test took five hours, and then I was given an exit tour. They called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical what do you know about us, why do you want to work here, how well do you play with others, and what makes you stand out questions. No curveballs, just be sure you know a lot about some aspect of the company.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Derivatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I asked about their recent bankruptcy and the stability of the company. I also asked how long each of the interviewers worked for the company, finding that they were all mostly new. I don't think they were happy about my questions since it made them look weak. The in-person interview took 2 or 3 hours. All of the interviewers seemed in-experienced. They seemed confused and didn't seem to know very much about accounting. The interview started with a phone screening followed by an in-person interview with 4 people, including the hiring manager, controller, and 2 other managers.

Interview Questions

• All typical interview questions. How do you solve problems? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Di2D Outdoors Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Formal but in a relaxed atmosphere. Appearance is crucial; business attire and no strong odor. Smile upon greeting the interviewer and answer questions honestly. Be prepared to take a computer-based screening on expectations of the job and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict between two employees that you have witnessed   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

We were very many people being interviewed for the open positions. The interviewers dwelt a lot on my past experience trying to understand my background and the strengths I would be bringing to the job. They also gave me different behavioral scenarios asking how I would react in each instance. There was also an instance where I had to make a presentation before a panel. It was all handled very professionally. The most challenging part was an Excel test that came as a total surprise to most of us.

Interview Questions

• What strengths will you bring to the job? What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not difficult as I had imagined it would be. They made me an offer which was lower than I had expected and I countered their offer. They came back to me almost immediately saying there was not wiggle room, but I declined to take the job after considering the low pay and my schedule.

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with director consisted of briefing of duties. Secondary panel interview consisted of general questions regarding motivations, future plans, and then they challenged me to solve a real-world problem that had occurred during documentation. After this question, we talked about company culture, and I asked them what they wanted in an ideal candidate, how contractors were evaluated, and who I would be reporting to for my duties.

Two weeks later I was given a job offer through my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• "Solve this situation that happened to us recently had it happened to you..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Use industry average salaries/hourly wages to negotiate. They are very reasonable about compensation.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very professional interview process,
    he user can also determine whether all possible models are estimated and compared (full enumeration) instead of using the default stepwise algorithm. The stepwise algorithm has been shown to have good performance characteristics, and is much less computationally intensive, however, it is not guranteed to find the best single model. Estimating all possible ARIMA models will find the single best model, but with a significantly greater runtime. If full enumeration is selected, the user can place some limits on the space searched by setting the maximum allowed order of the model. In add

Interview Questions

• What my goals were for 5 years.   1 Answer

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very fast process. Single interview with my possible supervisor and his manager. I noticed that many people working there were contract workers and remained that way for years. I came in as a contractor and it did not seem hopeful with regards to going perm and getting benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were challenged in the workplace.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very well organized and intense as I was interviewed by many different IT and business. EFH wanted to get a full set of views on me. Helped me better understand company

Interview Questions

• How would you change the direction that a Sr. Manager had already set?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Do you have a competitive spirit, the tenacity to deliver results and a team-first approach? Are you inspired to think big and innovate? Do you thrive in high-performance environments and are motivated to enhance customer experiences?

You may be the perfect fit to join the TXU Energy team, where we power the lives of more Texans than any other electricity provider. We’re also a great place to work – ranked in the top 10 in the Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work 2015 and 2016.

Start your next adventure by searching open positions with TXU Energy

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview, Fairly straightforward, Mainly Behavioral. Very dedicated to Safety. Must be willing to go the extra mile and put in extra hours. Very interested in how you work with people and ability to learn from different leadership style and bridging the generational gap.