Energy Future Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very fast process. Single interview with my possible supervisor and his manager. I noticed that many people working there were contract workers and remained that way for years. I came in as a contractor and it did not seem hopeful with regards to going perm and getting benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were challenged in the workplace.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

We were very many people being interviewed for the open positions. The interviewers dwelt a lot on my past experience trying to understand my background and the strengths I would be bringing to the job. They also gave me different behavioral scenarios asking how I would react in each instance. There was also an instance where I had to make a presentation before a panel. It was all handled very professionally. The most challenging part was an Excel test that came as a total surprise to most of us.

Interview Questions

• What strengths will you bring to the job? What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not difficult as I had imagined it would be. They made me an offer which was lower than I had expected and I countered their offer. They came back to me almost immediately saying there was not wiggle room, but I declined to take the job after considering the low pay and my schedule.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Internal recruiter was very professional, interview process was good. I was first contacted by the recruiter, then have a panel interview. A week after the first interview I met with the CTO for a one on one

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario of an IT project and asked how I would proceed and ensure a successful implementation   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Irving, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

TXU has a reputation for being a revolving door for accountants and other business professionals. I ignored this knowledge and accepted an interview with a managing accountant there. Because of the revolving door attitude, I found out during the interview that everyone has some weird, non-standard title which gives the impression they are rising through the labyrinth of ranks at the company. The rest of the interview was downhill from there are the "managing" accountant was a dour-faced person with no sense of humor or likeability. If you are a business professional, stay away from this company. If you're interested in the energy industry, there are plenty of better local organizations to join in oil & natural gas.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Irving, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Very professional recruiting department.

Interview Questions

required a move of address.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very well organized and intense as I was interviewed by many different IT and business. EFH wanted to get a full set of views on me. Helped me better understand company

Interview Questions

• How would you change the direction that a Sr. Manager had already set?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very professional interview process,
    he user can also determine whether all possible models are estimated and compared (full enumeration) instead of using the default stepwise algorithm. The stepwise algorithm has been shown to have good performance characteristics, and is much less computationally intensive, however, it is not guranteed to find the best single model. Estimating all possible ARIMA models will find the single best model, but with a significantly greater runtime. If full enumeration is selected, the user can place some limits on the space searched by setting the maximum allowed order of the model. In add

Interview Questions

• What my goals were for 5 years.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview, Fairly straightforward, Mainly Behavioral. Very dedicated to Safety. Must be willing to go the extra mile and put in extra hours. Very interested in how you work with people and ability to learn from different leadership style and bridging the generational gap.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I met with some recruiters at a career fair, but they told me to just apply online. My background was mechanical engineering, so I applied for the engineering intern position by uploading my information and resume. I got a call from the college relations department and had an interview that was about 45 mins. These were basic questions, some behavioral, some interest level - the usual. I heard back in less than two weeks with a good offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to get team members on board with an idea.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your favorite areas of study in school.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Energy Future Holdings.

Interview

I heard back an hour after I submitted my online application. The interview process was very disorganized. It took them thirty minutes past the official appointment to send someone down to get me. Two repetitive interviews, an outrageously expensive lunch, a written reasoning test, and a very hard Excel test took five hours, and then I was given an exit tour. They called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical what do you know about us, why do you want to work here, how well do you play with others, and what makes you stand out questions. No curveballs, just be sure you know a lot about some aspect of the company.   Answer Question