Enphase Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enphase Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Enphase Energy

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy in February 2015.

Interview

Most bizarre interview process I have ever experienced. Multi-step process with a lot of redundancies that seem designed to send the message to the candidate that you are lucky they are talking to you at all. Lots of expecting you to shift your agreed-to times for interviews at the drop of a hat, and devote many hours talking to people who make it plain that they barely have the time and attention to be in the same room with you.

Why have so many interview rounds if none of the information you are told to 'perform for the crowd' with at the beginning ever makes it to the folks in the next rounds, and you are made to feel you have to start from scratch with each and every of the (upwards of a dozen total) conversations? By the last round, I'll be honest, I stuck with it because I was sort of fascinated enough to be curious to meet the people at the top of this mess (had another offer come in the day before.)

Everyone I interviewed with dutifully (and almost with a manic edge) touted the "we're so collaborative, team oriented and really, team team team" and yet to a person the questions they asked were clearly more designed to reinforce the idea that they were the smartest person in the room. This kind of fell apart when one of them, clearly frustrated with my follow-up questions to clarify a 'problem' he gave me to solve, then realized (through my most diplomatic attempts to not show him up) that some basic math he had given me during the setup was completely wrong.

And several people worked some trash talk about other departments into the conversation, in between the "I'm emulating my idea of the google-ish socratic interview process" opaque and nonsensical questions.

The further I got up the food chain during the interview process, the more time the interviewers spent talking about themselves.

Among other information I gleaned through the 4 rounds of interview:

* They consider themselves a 'Silicon Valley model' company, so be prepared to work really long hours (and, plus: see how cleverly opaque my questions are, to see if you will squirm? I may not actually find anything out about you or your skills, but I'm so clever!)

* But that actually, you really have to work long hours because there are meetings all day, so you do your actual job before and after regular business hours.

* But that's ok, because "management is aware" that this is a problem, so they have instituted a whole list of rigid policies governing how meetings are to be held (which mostly seem to involve making meetings even more work and thus reducing even further the time people have to produce actual deliverables.)

* That the primary reason they have a weekly release schedule is "because it's Agile". Which has to be the worst reason I have heard in my many years of working on and leading Agile teams.

* Their software is actually pretty simple, and the front line engineers I talked to are really smart, but the management layers seem to want to spend their time competing with each other and overcomplicating things.

And then, after the last interview, and a conversation with the hiring manager saying I was one of a very short list and they wanted to make a decision almost immediately...crickets. I didn't really care, I accepted the other (very good) offer with a great company where the process was almost 180 degrees different. But....really? Never heard a word from the hiring manager.

Botom line is, this seems like a terrible place to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your failures (and other assorted questions from the book of Interview Questions for People Who Don't Know How to Interview)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Long interview process about 6 hours, talked to 5 differnet interviewers. Answered questions anout software, power systems, basic electronics, and logic/math problems. Though I did ok, but did not receive an offer

Interview Questions

• Brought in a software guy to ask me data structures questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager was very warm. HR representative was warm and coordial. Phone screening was very positive and technical. This was followed by a team/panel on-site interview. Interview questions were technical and HR questions were more personality oriented. Interview experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Software Methodologies, Questions on scripting, Electrical Eng fundamentals   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I got a Phone interview for a intern position. Ask the questions from the resume you submit. Most of the questions are based on the power electronics and solar-inverter such as flyback converter and MPPT etc. The manager interviewed with me is a very nice person. And the phone interview lasted for one hour and after three weeks I got the intern offer. I really appreciate they give me the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• If you have some experience related to the solar, please prepare well for it.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a two person (separately) interview after a short interview. I liked both people. The interview didn't have as many accounting related questions as I expected. Each part was 45 minutes long or so. Both people were personable and I would have enjoyed working with them. We talked a fair amount about culture and the company which were really important to me.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enphase Energy.

Interview

Very long, over 2 months and 8 interviews with different people in the organization. Most I did not deal with after i got hired. I felt that the interview process was too long and could have been cut in half.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customers that do not trust the company?   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Enphase Energy.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter and then hiring manager. Then came in for initial on site interview that seemed to go well. They told me they would have me come back to finish the interview process. That was months ago. A recruiter called me recently to tell me they were having a hard time scheduling things. More weeks have gone by......

Interview Questions

Enphase Energy Response

Sep 13, 2013 – Global Recruiting Mnager

Thank you for your honest opinion. We are always working to make our interview process better while still maintaining the rigorousness that has lead to a stellar team.

Our own success may be in... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Fremont, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviews were driven by a Director working for the CTO. Requirements came from both and were related to Systems Engineering experience.

Started interviewing w/ Enphase for a Director level role in March 2019. I either met or exceeded all the stated JD requirements.

From March to May, I had interviewed w/ about 12+ Enphase personnel either by phone or in-person at their facilities in Fremont. On the last day of interviews in early May, I was interviewed by five senior executives. Most were either unprepared by the JD (it did not seem as though they read it) or what the role was about. I found out that they passed on my candidacy because of unstated requirements that had nothing to do with Systems Engineering or the stated JD.
    Also, I was supposed to interview w/ the CEO, but he bailed on me a couple of times.

Interview Questions

• Questions were numerous and most were related to Systems Engineering experience - except on the last day.   Answer Question

Control Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with an experienced engineer who asked technical questions.

Customer Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Boise, ID) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was normal type of questions, work history, available times to work so on. Where I was employed currently and what I would hope for in pay.

Face interview was more directed to what your troubleshooting skills are, strength and weakness. Had some questions about how to troubleshoot different things, and what my experience with electricity was.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a device that is not connected to the Internet?   1 Answer