Enphase Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enphase Energy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy.

Interview

Applied, was contacted for interview two weeks later. Initial phone interview followed by (4 hours of) interview over skype, but unfortunately the company's internet in their meeting rooms is terrible, making for a relatively ineffective and frustrating interview. In spite of this, the interview overall went well and I was promised I would be contacted shortly thereafter, but this contact never happened.

Interview Questions

• What happens when materials with differing CTEs are heated.   Answer Question

Power Conversion Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and got a call from HR 2 days later. One round of phone interview with the hiring manager about my research project and answer several technical question about power converter and magnetic design. Then I got an on-site interview at Petaluma CA, 7 people interviewed with me. Question about my research and quiz about power electronics.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a two person (separately) interview after a short interview. I liked both people. The interview didn't have as many accounting related questions as I expected. Each part was 45 minutes long or so. Both people were personable and I would have enjoyed working with them. We talked a fair amount about culture and the company which were really important to me.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enphase Energy.

Interview

Very long, over 2 months and 8 interviews with different people in the organization. Most I did not deal with after i got hired. I felt that the interview process was too long and could have been cut in half.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customers that do not trust the company?   1 Answer

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was not too hard. Focus on the projects mentioned on the resume. A lot of emphasis on the circuit analysis. Also the hiring manager was very helpful and tried his best to make the process go smooth.

Interview Questions

• They asked the operation of an opamp in block level and also asked about opamp circuits in BJT.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy in February 2015.

Interview

Most bizarre interview process I have ever experienced. Multi-step process with a lot of redundancies that seem designed to send the message to the candidate that you are lucky they are talking to you at all. Lots of expecting you to shift your agreed-to times for interviews at the drop of a hat, and devote many hours talking to people who make it plain that they barely have the time and attention to be in the same room with you.

Why have so many interview rounds if none of the information you are told to 'perform for the crowd' with at the beginning ever makes it to the folks in the next rounds, and you are made to feel you have to start from scratch with each and every of the (upwards of a dozen total) conversations? By the last round, I'll be honest, I stuck with it because I was sort of fascinated enough to be curious to meet the people at the top of this mess (had another offer come in the day before.)

Everyone I interviewed with dutifully (and almost with a manic edge) touted the "we're so collaborative, team oriented and really, team team team" and yet to a person the questions they asked were clearly more designed to reinforce the idea that they were the smartest person in the room. This kind of fell apart when one of them, clearly frustrated with my follow-up questions to clarify a 'problem' he gave me to solve, then realized (through my most diplomatic attempts to not show him up) that some basic math he had given me during the setup was completely wrong.

And several people worked some trash talk about other departments into the conversation, in between the "I'm emulating my idea of the google-ish socratic interview process" opaque and nonsensical questions.

The further I got up the food chain during the interview process, the more time the interviewers spent talking about themselves.

Among other information I gleaned through the 4 rounds of interview:

* They consider themselves a 'Silicon Valley model' company, so be prepared to work really long hours (and, plus: see how cleverly opaque my questions are, to see if you will squirm? I may not actually find anything out about you or your skills, but I'm so clever!)

* But that actually, you really have to work long hours because there are meetings all day, so you do your actual job before and after regular business hours.

* But that's ok, because "management is aware" that this is a problem, so they have instituted a whole list of rigid policies governing how meetings are to be held (which mostly seem to involve making meetings even more work and thus reducing even further the time people have to produce actual deliverables.)

* That the primary reason they have a weekly release schedule is "because it's Agile". Which has to be the worst reason I have heard in my many years of working on and leading Agile teams.

* Their software is actually pretty simple, and the front line engineers I talked to are really smart, but the management layers seem to want to spend their time competing with each other and overcomplicating things.

And then, after the last interview, and a conversation with the hiring manager saying I was one of a very short list and they wanted to make a decision almost immediately...crickets. I didn't really care, I accepted the other (very good) offer with a great company where the process was almost 180 degrees different. But....really? Never heard a word from the hiring manager.

Botom line is, this seems like a terrible place to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your failures (and other assorted questions from the book of Interview Questions for People Who Don't Know How to Interview)   1 Answer

Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for this job online using the jobvite system sponsored by the company in late December 2014. I received a phone call from a recruiter based in the Midwest. He claimed to be an employee of Enphase and not a third party recruiter. He expressed extreme excitement in my background and stated that the company was having a very difficult time filling this role. He mentioned an extreme sense of urgency and that the hiring manager would surely want to chat. He said they were planning to have a first round of phone interviews followed by a round of in person interviews where candidates would be able to meet with several staff members. This was a late Friday afternoon around end of business. He then called me first thing that following Monday morning which was the next business day to say the role had been filled the company was not interested in speaking further. It was a very weird and questionable experience

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why would you like to work and live in Petaluma?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2 phone rounds with recruiter and hiring manager, 5 person in round with execs and others in product management team, another in round with a presentation about anything where other PMs attended and asked questions

Interview Questions

• Please describe the PLCM process and the challenges in each step?   Answer Question
    • What are the components that must be considered in electrical engineering?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enphase Energy.

Interview

I had a phone screen for a QA position. I thought it went well, and they said they would follow up afterwards.

They specifically mentioned something about treating people like human beings, and being upfront about where you stand in the hiring process.

Then I never heard back from them.

I liked the people I had a phone screen with, but I am disappointed that nothing further happened afterwards.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enphase Energy (Petaluma, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Mine was an informal exploratory interview and was hence casual and informative. I had not formally applied for a position but was simply inquiring with them whether there was a mutual fit. The conversation was very positive and the person I spoke with provided as much information as I asked for in order to help me understand the position, responsibilities, and compensation.