Entergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entergy Interview Questions

Interviews at Entergy

2.6

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, a phone and in-person. Not very many technical questions. The questions mainly focused on my past projects and how I would handle certain situations. A few technical questions on SQL, ETL, and Big Data.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your biggest challenges on a project   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entergy.

Interview

Screening interview with a recruiter out of the New Orleans office. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and begin with some typical questions. Once rapport was established the interview questions focused on technical type questions that were behaviorally based. The last several questions were scenarios where I had to respond with how I would respond to each situation. One of the last questions asked by the recruiter was how can you tell if your assessments have worked. I responded with that person gets hired or promoted. I did not mean it sarcastically nor flippantly but after that the interview seemed to go downhill the recruiter stopped listening to my responses and tried to rush me along. Ironically I made it to a second interview but a few days before that second interview was to take place the interview was canceled.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the specific assessments you have used in the past.   1 Answer

Workforce Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (Spring, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

I only had a phone interview that went very well. But I truly did not possess the Workforce experience they were looking for. I wanted to comment that the personal note of rejection was really professional and felt genuine.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual except one question on talent strategy that I truly didn’t have an answer for.   Answer Question
    • Tell us how your experience supports this role?   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entergy.

Interview

First some phone calls, questions were mostly behavioral combined with some stats questions which aren’t too technical / on the softer side (why this model, etc). Then lunch interview which was behavioral.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Entergy (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Interview processes was very easy typical behavior questions offered the job 3 days after interview. They made a offer and started the background and drug test within a week. Overall a good interview

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (Russellville, AR) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed by the finance manager requesting a phone interview. The interview was on a Thursday afternoon and was around an hour, with 4 behavioral based questions and 1 technical question. When the interview was over the interviewer said she would contact me next Wednesday (5 days). I got an email the next day letting me know I wasn’t selected for the position. The interviewer contacted me Wednesday and let me know that they chose another candidate that had more technical experience with Excel. She commended my interview performance and the experience (both paid and volunteer) on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you took a leadership role and changed someone’s opinion on something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced an obstacle working towards a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to put the goals of your team ahead of your personal goals.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to quickly and accurately complete a task.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Microsoft Excel, particularly with Pivot Tables and Variance Charts?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Entergy (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates, and making a hire

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Entergy in April 2019.

Interview

I applied in the month on April 2019. Unprofessional process of interview. Recruiter called me after 1.5 months of job posting. I asked her if it is still open or have you decided a final candidate for this position. The response was they are still hiring the candidate. 2 rounds of interview in a gap of 1 month. Then they kept ignoring for another 3 weeks for an onsite interview. Onsite interview went well and was rejected saying they have hired internal candidate. If this was already decided, company should be considerate of candidate's time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• 1st round of phone interview, then working on data set and then onsite.   Answer Question

Environmental Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entergy (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Panel interview where a group interviewers asked a standard set of questions off pieces of paper. The panel took notes while the questions were answered. Interview lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you encountered an unexpected problem   Answer Question
    • Describe any safety training you have   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handle multiple tasks at once. How are your organization skills   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

2 months after I applied, I got selected for a phone interview. It went really well, the interviewer was really nice and it was a very positive experience overall.