Entertainment Earth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entertainment Earth Interview Questions

Interviews at Entertainment Earth

Sort:

Client Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entertainment Earth in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through a phone call after I applied online. The phone interview was professional and not a text book questioner. After the phone interview I was sent a application and a writing test which I completed. I was asked to bring the application and writing test with me for a in person interview. Next, I met with the recruiter, director of sales and the hiring manager. Everyone I met was positive.

They never left me hanging and had great follow up. Overall, interview process was quite possibility one of the best and most professional ones I've had thus far. Ultimately, I accepted elsewhere closer to home.

Interview Questions

• Have you reviewed our website and how would you describe it? Tell me about you? Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer? Tell me what happened. Do you collect anything?   Answer Question

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entertainment Earth (Simi Valley, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Within minutes of submitting my resume I was contacted and arranged for a phone interview. After that I was called in for a one on one interview with my potential direct supervisor. My references were called and then a one on one interview with the department head was arranged. All one on ones lasted less than a half hour and were pleasant.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Entertainment Earth.

Interview

I had to pass the phone interview with HR before I got to the group interview. They wanted writing samples and gave a strange personality quiz for me to fill out. Different execs came in during the 2 hour group interview so I had to repeat myself a lot. Afterwards, I felt like they used me to pick my brain about certain things. I thought the interview went ok but I never received any responses to my follow up emails which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How many sales people did I work with and how did I resolve any conflict?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entertainment Earth (Simi Valley, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy and to the point. Aaron and Derek do a great job of accessing your skills based on a few typical programming interview questions and then try to learn as much about you as a person as possible to ensure you would be a right fit for the department.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewing for a front end developer position so at the time I was asked some javascript questions along with some sql and algorithm questions to access my skill set.   1 Answer

Software Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Entertainment Earth (Simi Valley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Prior to getting an onsite interview you have to:
    1) Take a Phone interview (about 45 minutes)
    2) Take a personality test (1 hour)
    3) Answer the following questions:
    Question 1:
    Send us samples of previous technical documents you have written.
    OR
    Send an original writing sample. Topic: Choose any website, and write up a document explaining how to use some of the features on that website. Examples: A document describing how to use Google to do searches, or how to buy something on Amazon. Assume the audience for this document has no experience with the website you are writing about.
    Question 2:
    The Sales Department has made a request to create a report to view sales history. You are assigned to gather the technical and functional specifications. How would you gather the specifications, what questions would you ask, how would you organize the project?

They informed me over the phone interview that the pay is about 55k.

At first, I was interviewed by two people, half of the interview time was filled with standard behavioral interview questions similar to the phone interview. Then the main interviewer spent about 10 minutes telling me about the company culture, focusing on how they must all respect one another, help each other if they have questions, no negatives attitudes are tolerated here etc... I thought that was great!

Except that when the technical interview questions came up I got none of that. For the second half, I'm on a white board. Marker barely works. While solving the problem I thought out loud to tell them what I was thinking, but I kept getting cut off repeatedly and could not finish a sentence. I ask for another marker and that one does not work either. Common courtesy would be for one of them to get up and get one?

I leave the interview thinking I did okay, one of the interviewers says I will get an answer next week. Sent a follow-up email + waited two weeks and still no response. Not very professional considering the amount of time you spend prior to getting an on-site interview.

Lastly, if Entertainment Earth is reading, it would be nice if you could take some notes:
    - Have a marker that works ready
    - Stand up and talk to the interviewee solving the problem, actually engage him and try to see how he thinks. You are not getting an accurate representation of a persons way of thinking by sitting on a chair and cutting them off.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entertainment Earth (Chatsworth, CA).

Interview

After HR interview, they Requested much work upfront including a marketing plan on a upcoming promotion and a lengthy writing sample questionnaire. I was also asked to submit a personality test online that took about 40 min. I was then scheduled for an interview with the two founders. Questions were very specific and detailed oriented. No down time to get to know them. I followed with thank you and various decks from my portfolio. HR stated they'd let me know either way Friday. I never heard back and even followed up twice with no response. The lack of follow up and basic courtesy was disappointing when you consider all the prep work it took to even get the interview.

Product Development Specialist Interview

Interview

A Recruiter contacted me a few days after applying online. She provided me with a high level over view of the job details, Entertainment Earth's values and history. I was interested. Two days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an onsite interview. The interview room was especially neat. A feel for their culture lined up with exclusive collectibles. After about a forty minute interview, I was escorted out. I thought the interview was on point so I thought...I was contacted a few days later and notified that I was not selected to move forward in the process based on other candidates who offered more specific experience. The Recruiter asked that I contact her in the future if I see a position which peaked my interest. (SIGH) Although I did not to move forward to the next stage, good contact throughout the process and the call versus an e-mail was a nice touch. The process took about seven days.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel has enabled you to be successful in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a quality issue you've encountered in the past with an overseas manufacturer. How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question