Environmental Science Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environmental Science Associates Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Environmental Science Associates

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Environmental Science Associates in December 2013.

Interview

In person mtg with manager

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environmental Science Associates (Oakland, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was very excited to have gotten an interview here. The process consisted of several emails, phone calls and one in person. Either the person interviewing was too busy to follow up, they didn't need the position anymore, or i didn't make the cut, but I never heard back. I was very disappointed that they didn't even have the courtesy to follow up and give me a letter or a nod.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions are always difficult to answer as they put you on the spot?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Science Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Personal interview with the branch leader was very relaxed, but focused and to the point. Within a week, I had recieved a request to interview with the rest of the senior office staff. That interview was great, and they were all very personable, yet professional. They seemed very passionate and engaged with their work and the projects they described.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to exit your current job position with (Company X)? (the interviewer knows the branch leader and people at Company X)   Answer Question

It was a difficult decision, since the office environment seemed very positive, and I enjoyed talking with all of the people I interviewed with. However, my professional goals are focused on a different segment of clients, and projects than what the position required.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Science Associates.

Interview

Communication was formal, although still friendly. I was contacted less than two weeks after submitting my application, and went in for an interview a week later. The actual interview was a very amicable, up-front process with senior associates, plus I got my parking validated. I was in and out of downtown in less than 2 hours. Granted, it took them two weeks to get in contact with me afterwards; although this isn't so bad in and of itself, it was a departure form the timely and rapid communication from before.

Interview Questions

• I don't think that they attempted to blindside me with questions or try to get a rise out of me. We had an honest exchange that involved everyone around the table and were able to connect on the specifics of the job, what mattered most to them as seniors and managers, and what mattered to me as a new hire.   Answer Question

Environmental Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Science Associates in April 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers at the downtown Los Angeles office. They were very easy-going and asked me straight-forward questions such as how my studies would help me succeed at ESA. Definitely a good idea to take a one-day CEQA class before interviewing at any company in the environmental consulting industry.

Interview Questions

• How has your academic research prepared you for success at ESA?   Answer Question