Envision Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Envision Consulting Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Envision Consulting Group

1.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group.

Interview

Quick phone interview, then an in person interview. Second in person interview is a full day of shadowing a salesman. They build it up to sound like a really cool place but in reality it's a scam. Youre door to door salesmen, making commission off any office supplies you can sell. They tell you "you have the choice between a base salary and 10% commission, or you can just take 28% commission which is much better" Job wasnt for me

Interview Questions

• nothing very difficult..."what traits do you look for in a manager"   Answer Question

you could go a week without making any money at all. its essentially 100% commission, not great for someone who needs to get the rent paid

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group.

Interview

Was called by the administrator regarding my résumé and the interview process was really easy.

Interview Questions

• No question was very difficult because they will hire just about anyone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation of either a base of 300 dollars a week pay or only commission.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group.

Interview

They accepted my resume right after I posted it. I was thrilled to receive a call so quickly after I sent out my resume. The first interview went great and they asked me to come back for round two. I did and I realized it was a door to door sales position. The part 2 of the interview was god awful. We trekked all of the way to Queens, where I actually live, and went to a ghetto neighborhood to sell computer paper.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very simple. The most difficult thing was to realize that if you accepted to come back for round 2 you would have to literally knock on random doors and annoy people.   Answer Question

It was a door to door sales job. The office and the people seem great until you realize it is basically all a hoax.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied over the weekend. They got back to me mid Monday the following week. I spoke with the HR director over the phone for about 5-10 minutes.She went through my resume and then discussed the positions available. She was polite and very helpful. I appreciated the fact that she was able to work around my schedule (I currently am working) and book me for my interview.

I met with them and was greeted by their receptionist. I felt a good vibe while waiting in their lobby. I noticed everybody was nice and the place was clean. I met with one of their managers. The interview was great. They took the time to go through my resume (which we all work hard on) and ask me about myself and what I'm looking for in a company.

They went into great detail about the positions, responsibilities and what a typical day would be like. Now I have been on many interviews and this is one of the few I've been on that when I left I really felt informed and had no questions about the position.

The second interview was just what they said it would be. I got to spend a day with them. I met a lot of their current employees and got to experience their company culture first hand.
    I have never seen this before but I would recommend this to every company.

The third interview was a was a wrap up. It was more laid back and it was all about "me". I really appreciated the time they took to get to know me for who I am and not what my resume says I am. All in all it was a great experience and I really enjoyed the process and how up front and honest they were throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• I liked the fact that they didn't ask me the "typical" interview questions. You could tell that they really read my resume and were prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

T

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group (Carle Place, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Excellent. Very thorough and personally was treated very professionally . I could tell that they actually looked at my resume. Focused on my skills and abilities instead of what I could do for the company. I felt apart of the company even though it was an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest struggle I've had to overcome and how did it make me a better person   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group (Carle Place, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Disappointing from the beginning. The HR contacted me by phone with an opportunity of an "account management, team leading position". During the 1:1 interview it turned out to be a 30K entry level sales position with a promotion option in 6 months because they "only promote from the inside". Who wouldn't go for that? :D Would not recommend under any circumstances, being mislead right from the beginning just does not feel right.

Interview Questions

Misleading information from the beginning...

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group.

Interview

Contacted me about job opportunity, went in for a first interview. Pretty standard questions, interview process was good, answered a lot of my questions and concerns. The company sells services and products for a variety of well known companies (think Verizon, DirecTV, etc). Second interview involves spending an entire day with one of their Account Executive. Got to know some of the employees and all were very nice and down to earth. Most of the day spent B2B canvassing, soliciting businesses in a certain neighborhood. Wasn't my cup of tea. They have a pretty clear career path but I doubt many people make it past the first or second year before they get better management positions. If you can really sell their products and get positive responses from businesses, then you might have a career here. If not, then move on to something else.

Interview Questions

Don't like going business to business to solicit opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group (Carle Place, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a call from their HR and was asked if I would be interested in going in for a job interview. While on the phone the HR rep was very vague as to what the job was about, as well as what it entailed. All I was told was that there are a lot of job opportunities since they are expanding and from my resume I seemed like a great candidate. I decided to give it a go. First off, it's the nicest environment I've ever witnessed in a workplace. Everyone smiles and greets you. The person I spoke with over the phone was their and she engaged in small talk while I waited for my interview, very pleasant.

Once I got called in I was greeted by the interviewer who was overall pleasant. The interview wasn't much of what I expected. It was mostly about going over what the company is about and what they do, though it still seemed vague to me. I was asked to come back and follow one of their sales reps for the day to get a feel for the job. This is something I've never been offered before so I agreed.

I figured out the company basically works with some fortune 500 companies (Verizon, Direct TV, Quill etc.) and helps them out by gaining new clients for them. Depending on which Fortune 500 company your working with, or as they put it which "campaign" your on, you will either be doing door to door sales in a residential area or business to business. Personally it's not my thing, I prefer to not bother people in their homes or bother an owner while he/she are trying to run their store. Being a manager at a retail store I hated it when salesmen come in and solicit their products or services while I am working.

In a nutshell, if you don't have a problem going door to door or business to business, enjoy being outside and have a positive outlook even when your're on a bad sales day, then this job will be perfect for you. The team environment is great, everyone is there to support each other and keep things positive.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult or unexpected but the closest question i was asked to fit this would be, "What are three qualities a manager should have?"   Answer Question

Like I said, going door to door or business to business is not my thing. Also, I enjoy being outside but would hate to have to walk around when its pouring rain, snowing or extremely hot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group (Carle Place, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

As soon as I walked into the door this place reeked of "scam". As soon as i walked into the tiny dingy office, there were other five other people in the waiting room waiting to be interviewed, no doubt having applied on careerbuilder or monster or some other website.
    When the interviewer asked if I had any questions, he could not even give me a direct answer about the salary and said that if I was invited for a second round interview, I would be able to shadow the current account managers and ask them. Same went for other questions I asked..and the interviewer unprofessionally said "keep throwing them at me, I'm doing great," as if I were challenging him. Defensive much?

I knew this place was fishy as soon as I Googled it. Unless you are willing to be cheap labor under the guise of being able to "move up the ranks" quickly, don't waste your time. If you're really into marketing, go for a more reputable company.

Interview Questions

Envision Consulting Group Response

Oct 23, 2015 – Vice President

This person has the wrong Envision. They meant to post this to Envision Consulting Group in Carle Place. We are Envision Business Consulting at 5 Penn Plaza, NYC. We are headquartered in Denver

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envision Consulting Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Saw the ad on a job board and was contacted for an interview by a woman from HR, she was very nice and polite. Now because I live far it was a hassle to get to this place, especially because their directions were not specific. I was told the building was right across a subway and shake shack, when in actuality the building was further down approximately 8 blocks, It's in the middle of no where just a bunch of houses and the LIRR station right next to it. I walked in expecting a corporate environment with people between the ages of 27-45, but found out they were all college students, everyone was about my age (21), I expected a big and nicer looking office but it was small and narrow. The guy who first interviewed me was nice and straight to the point. However there was a blonde woman whom I'm assuming is a supervisor, passed me several times in the waiting area and didn't say hi not once! I believe she was originally supposed to interview me because the receptionist kept apologizing and saying she'd be with me shortly. She barely looked my way, didn't say hi and I guess she was too busy so a guy ended up interviewing me. My 2nd interview was out on the field going from business to business selling products with my trainer, most people seemed annoyed and ignored us or said anything to get us out. It was uncomfortable, especially walking around for nearly 5 hours! When I asked about the pay my trainer didn't seem to know much, he said you give them a number of how much you'd like to make each week and they set you up with a goal/plan in order to achieve your target. So basically it's commission, you walk around introducing/selling products and if you don't make sales for the day you don't get paid!! He told me it's very easy to move up with the company, you can become a manager in less than a year and possibly get your own office/company. My trainer was helpful and patient. When we got back to the office after the training I talked with a few others who were there for their 2nd interview on the field as well, they seemed skeptical about the company and was very unsure if they'd take the position. Great people but not the job for you if you don't like selling products face to face.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think a company should have for you?   1 Answer

I felt uncomfortable and awkward walking into businesses and selling products. I felt that my presence was annoying and that they saw me as "another sales person".