Envoy Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Envoy Air Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied early December, received video interview several days later. After completed video interview about a week later received email for Face to Face!
    They fly you out, but you pay for a hotel for the night.
    Shuttles to Envoy in the AM where we met other interviewees. Misled and chatted while waited for interview time.
    Was led into room with 4 other applicants and we all were asked the same questions. Interviewer was beyond amazing person. She has passion in her words and love in her eyes. She wants everyone to do good.
    After question rounds, was led to fingerprint and drug testing. Now waiting for training!

Sorry I don’t remember the questions we were asked, I was too excited and nervous!

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Why Envoy? Why a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Start by applying online and waiting for a video interview. If successful you'll be invited to Dallas where they provide the flight but you pay for a hotel. The interview was prompt starting with an essay and then a group interview with 3-4 others. Questions were all very similar to one located on this site. After a brief wait they pulled people in groups of 3 - 4 to begin the pre-employment process. It is at that time they inform you you've received the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Envoy Air (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Completed the video interview. Received an invite to HQ for an in-person interview.
    The in-person was very different than the one I did with a major airline. The impression I get is that by the time you're invited to HQ, they're already pretty sure they want you. At one point, one of the reps said something to the effect of ".. assuming you're all hired today..."
    Just relax and show them that you are the same person face-to-face that they saw in the video.
    They broke us into groups of three and four for interview questions. They were very easy going about it. Similar questions to the VI.
    There was a lot of waiting between components of the interview, but it gave us time to get to know each other. That was good because we're mostly in the same training group.
    They called us back one at a time. This was just a chance for us to ask any questions one-on-one and for them to confirm info on our paperwork.
    About half the group was taken out throughout the day. Hired or not, I don't know. The remaining people were all told we were receiving CJOs. They fingerprinted and drug tested us right then.
    Bring a snack! We were there all day with no opportunity to get food. Otherwise a positive experience.

Station Agent/Ramp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Envoy Air.

Interview

Met with general manager and mostly talked about company and job details. Not very formal, talked about the rest of the process and pay if hired and flexibility in the schedule. Only a couple questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had in customer service where you had to deal with a stressful situation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work in a team, and had to resolve team conflicts   Answer Question

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Raleigh, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview with about 10 applicants. Very laid back, the manager goes around the room and ask everyone questions. After the interview is over they exit the room for a few minutes to select who they'd like to make an offer. Of the 10 candidates in my group, they offered the position to 7 of us!

Station Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Very friendly interview process, I guess they were trying a new interview method so me and another candidate were interviewed by like 10 lead team members from the company, which was initially very intimidating but thawed out to a nice experience over all.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application I received an invite to do a one way video interview, easy questions and unlimited retakes. It took nearly 4 weeks to get that invite. About a week after I submitted the video interview, I received an invite for a face to face interview. It was an all day affair, which upset me because they tell you it takes 5hrs tops. I was there from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Everyone sits in a room together and a few current flight attendants tell you more about the company and the flight attendant position. Then, in groups of 3 or 4 you’re called in a room with the interviewer (in my case it was the same flight attendant that did the presentation) for a group interview. I was asked 6 basic interview questions. Then you’re back in the waiting room until called back in for a brief one on one. Some people didn’t get called back in for the 1on1 but still got the job, so it varies from person to person. Eventually they tell you to grab your things and follow them out of the room, where they then either send you home/back to the hotel or take you to do fingerprints and the drug test immediately.

! A few tips !

Dress like a flight attendant. Suit, hair back, red lips, hosiery if in a skirt. (ladies)

Don’t assume anything about wether or not you got the job until they tell you. This interview process is very unorganized and nerve racking, they don’t follow any strict procedures and handle each persons hiring process differently. They call people out of the room in groups, or one by one, so don’t try to find a pattern of “oh they took these candidates out in a group and the rest one by one, I wonder which ones got the job”
    There is no pattern. I was taken out as an individual and offered the job. Others were taken out in a group and 2 in the group got the job, 2 didn’t. A group of all 4 got the job, and then another individual didn’t. Try not to panic!

In the waiting room, BE MINDFUL OF HOW YOU CONDUCT YOURSELF AND SPEAK. They’re watching/listening. There was a guy who was talking about his previous bad experiences as a flight attendant and which mainlines he wanted to apply for after getting some time in with envoy.. not smart lol. He did extremely well in my group interview but he didn’t get the job. There’s an envoy employee in the room at all times, so consider the entire process an interview!

Try to relax and be friendly towards everyone, & be prepared to be there all dang day 🙃

Interview Questions

• Why this position? Why envoy?   Answer Question
    • How would you make a passenger of another culture feel comfortable?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work in a team/tell about a time you worked as a team
      (Something like that)   Answer Question
    • What do you have to offer that the other candidates don’t?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work under pressure?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you resolved an issue at work.   Answer Question

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Cattle Call Style interview , No format really we all in the same room at the same time, Started off with a email saying don't be late, then we have to wait 30 minutes standing in baggage, before escorted to tiny conference room, Then we are told they'd be back in 5 minutes and it took an hour, they called me and two others out the room to tell us we didn't get it, but 2 others that were late did get accepted. it was the most unprofessional interview I ever encountered. On top of that I had to pay for my own parking, I felt raped and kidnapped,(Because you can't leave until you are escorted out!!! aggghhhh

Station Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Envoy Air in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral got an email a few days later inviting me to an interview in two weeks. It was a group interview they go around the room asking basic interview questions. The questions were not difficult but the pressure they put on you to talk yourself up was interesting. It was a bad experience because they kept pushing us to "sell ourselves" and we were told not everyone would be hired. Sure enough I got a rejection email a week later. A complete waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envoy Air (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was great,I found everything I needed to know on glass door web! Very nice and friendly staff, they made every interviewee feel very comfortable. They fly you a day before if you live out of state, be ready to pay for hotel accommodation and have a credit card or debit card with at least $100 for hotel deposit which the hotel refunds if there was no room damages. Most hotels offer free breakfast. The transport from the airport to hotel and to the Evnvoy HQ is offered and back to the airport. Dress well just like a flight attendant and smile, smile, smile! Good luck! Overall it was great!

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make a passanger from different a culture feel comfortable?   Answer Question