Epitomics, Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epitomics, Inc Interview Questions

Customer Service Specialist - Burlingame, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epitomics, Inc (Burlingame, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The position was posted on Glassdoor.com on October 9, 2013. I applied online (October 10, 2013) thru Glassdoor.com which redirected me to Abcam, a company in Cambridge, MA & UK.
    Abcam acquired Epitomics Inc. I used the company email address to inquire about the status of my online application after 2 weeks. No answer. So, I contacted an HR Recruiter in MA then tried contacting a HR Generalist thru LinkedIn.com in Burlingame, CA and she answered.

At the end of the month, I got a phone and 1-to-1 interview with the Supervisor & colleague in MA on video conferencing. The Supervisor mentioned that they were not going to have 2nd interviews till the end of the year (December).

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about skills set related to Customer Service and Microsoft software, for example Outlook(email), WORD, PowerPoint, etc... Personality traits and what word or phrase would you used to describe oneself. I mentioned honesty and being genuine.

I had received a voice mail message saying that I would be contacted in the first week of Dec. for a 2nd interview. I did not so I emailed & attached the voice mail message (to refresh the Supervisor memory) that the Supervisor stated that I would be contacted. A couple of hours later, I received another voice message stating that I was not chosen for the 2nd interview.

I saved both voice mail messages & I am hoping to get in contact with the Senior HR to let her know of these messages b/c they are totally opposite of each other. The first voice mail message stating that I would get a 2nd interview & the second voice mail message stating I was not chosen. The discrepancy is disingenuine.

I just got off the phone with the Senior HR and she was no help at all in understanding. When I asked, the Senior HR stated that 100 candidates
      applied for the position.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epitomics, Inc (Burlingame, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

phone screen, 3 in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• how do you deal management style that differs from your own   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

Job postings are on the company website or Craigslist, so I received a phone interview after sending my resume through Craigslist. After passing the screening process, I underwent an in-person panel interview. Different groups from a few departments interview the candidate separately, so many questions repeated. They only asked questions about past experience and personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you can learn new material if you have not done the specific lab assays before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They ask you a preferred salary, so I do not recommend giving them one. Your past salary will be considered.