Essence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.1

Analytics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a response, two weeks after applying, from a recruiter. A phone interview was quickly set up for the following week. The day after the phone interview, got set up for two interviews the following week. Visited the office in the Flatiron District - definitely a great looking office - had a quantitative case study interview followed by a personal interview.

Overall the process felt relaxed and easy. The people I met were all friendly as well. It is unfortunate though that communication immediately ceases once you are no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were talking to a client, how would you describe the difference between correlation and causation? Give an example.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter and I got a math test with an in person interview in the following week. Credit card case study is a very good math application on business case.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite project? Why?   1 Answer

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essence (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You get a quick first interview with the HR rep. Must take a math test to get the second interview. You can inspect the code to find the questions. Additional math test during the in-person interview.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with member of the in-house recruiting team; in person interview w/3 members of the team I was hoping to join. I thought the in person interviews went well (and afterwards, when walking me out, the HR rep assured me that I would be informed of next steps either way), but as of right now, several weeks later, I have received no feedback or further communication from the agency. I have followed up with the HR rep requesting an update in my status (and noting that I understood if they did not want to move forward w/me)) but as of right now, all of my attempts at communication have been ignored.

Considering the time and effort that I put into interviewing with this company, I find it extremely unprofessional that they refuse to even send me an email (which would likely take 1-2 minutes) confirming that I'm no longer being considered. Overall, this started as a positive experience but, as with many other agency interviews where the HR reps go radio silent, ended up being very frustrating. Why agencies decide to ignore communication instead of being professional and informing their candidates about their status is beyond me. It is disrespectful and reflects badly on the entire company.

Interview Questions

• The in-person interviewer asked me to "sell" the agency to them, which was obviously a way to check how much research on had done on the company.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

the recruiters are friendly and efficient. firstly comes with behavioral questions, such as why do you choose essence, what's your biggest failure, what's you motivation and then quantitative questions. credit card case. the whole interview lasts about 1.5 hour.

Interview Questions

• What kind of boss are you expecting?   1 Answer

Programmatic Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Essence.

Interview

Phone Screening, 2 Behavioral (more of a informal conversational about the role and interests), and 2 Case Studies (The Cases one was Mathes based and the other Role specific).

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked really caught be off guard, all questions seemed fair.   Answer Question

Programatic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essence.

Interview

Phone interview with follow up in-person interview. There was a case study and a behavioral interview in-person. The case study used simple math, they provided a calculator. Mostly exercised logic and understanding of how to compose an equation and solve, given the information provided. Behavioral component was just standard interview questions regarding your experience and why you would be right for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the future of digital marketing?"   1 Answer

Graduate Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essence.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview. Went in for an in person interview where I met with 3 different people. The first was behavioral questions the second and third were 2 case studies. Not case studies in a traditional sense, more like word problems.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essence in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews with Zach. He was great! He communicates back promptly and tackles problems and hiccups professionally. We set up 2 video interviews. The team realized that they needed someone with more experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY).

Interview

An interesting interview process with multiple case studies. Be prepared to come with your calculator! Interviewers were friendly though I had some bits of conflicting information from their in-house recruiters and was left on hold for some time between interviews. Overall still a good experience and met some smart people.