Essence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essence Interview Questions

Interviews at Essence

2.9

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essence.

Interview

Senior Recruiter was rude, unprofessional, and aggressive in her approach. I was pretty taken aback after our initial call and left feeling very uncomfortable. She was not interested in interviewing me for the role that I applied and kept questioning my skills, resume & overall interest. Recruiter reached out to me and then took 2 weeks to get back to me. Extremely unprofessional & kept trying to silo me into a specific category. If she is a reflection of the company overall, I would not suggest interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• Salary range, what location I want to work, no real interview questions.   Answer Question

Interview

I was an internal referral. I was contacted by HR within 2-3 days of submitting my application and interviewed with the team a few days after that. I was contacted by HR with an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an A/B test you’ve run in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essence (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Prior to the first interview you must complete a test with some math. The first interview was a 30 minute screening phone call. The second interview was an 1 1/2 hr long google hangout session with 3 employees.

Media Actication Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later asking me to take a math test online. Shortly after that, got an email asking for a phone call. Shortly after that, I was invited in for an interview with the team I would be working with. HR moved very quickly and was very responsive and professional, which was greatly appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially applied for Search and Social position with GroupM, HR person set up a phone interview. He missed the phone interview so we set up another one, at which point he suggested I interview with the Media Planning team instead based on my resume. He forgot to send me the details and asked me if I could come in same day suddenly, but I asked to schedule a different time.

The in-person interview was with three different teams for three different but related accounts. We went over my experience and talked about the job. After the interview i followed up and I didn’t hear back for a week. When I asked over email about an update the HR person said they had passed me over because I wasn’t a “culture fit.”

He said he thought the Search and Social team (who I initially replied to) might be interested but hasn’t followed up and I’m not inclined to chase the position based on my experience.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Was given a lot of exciting ideas as to how the workplace was that did not align with what the actual experience turned out to be. While some questions sparked interesting conversation, turns out that some of the approaches and management styles discussed were not actually in place. Overall, one of the easiest interviews I've had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essence (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

The recruiter I had was horrible at communicating with me. The first initial test was to take an online math exam and if you passed, you'd be able to move on to the next interview process. It took her about a week to respond to my test and she asked me for available times that I could briefly talk to her on the phone. She didn't respond to my email for a couple of days that I had to do another follow-up email. The phone call seemed really rushed and she seemed so disengaged with the conversation. She told me the next steps that would happen for the interview process (Skype call with the team) and that never happened. I had to follow up a second time around just for her to say the positions were filled up. It was such a waste of time.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essence.

Interview

Contacted about a week after submitting my app.
    - phone interview by recruiter
    - in person interview with hiring manager and someone else on the team
    - Case study with a higher up from abroad.

Overall, was an amazing process. The recruiter was very nice and provided updates timely along the way. Very impressed by the case study. They actually want to hire smart individuals and not someone who can BS a question.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essence (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Smooth and straightforward. The initial contact was via phone interview, followed up with a few in-person interviews at the office. As I ended up interviewing with two different teams, I had a few more in-person interviews than normal. That said, it was a relatively quick and transparent process.

Ad Operations Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Essence.

Interview

I applied via a referral. Then I had a phone screen with a recruiter. Overall it was a nice chat, and they wanted to move me forward and have me speak with the team. I provided my available times to chat further, but the second chat never happened.

6/11: I reached out via my referral to find out what was going on, and apparently "I was in consideration for more roles".

6/13: Recruiter asks me if I have AdWords experience, and I mention that I don't have much experience with that

6/19: I get the good news that I've been moved forward to the onsite round. I then provide my availabilities and ask some clarifying questions

6/25: I still haven't heard back after repeated followups and I reach out to my referral. Still no response.

Overall I'm pretty annoyed with my experience, particularly the tail end of it. It sounds like they didn't want to move forward/changed their mind. Which is totally fine, but not communicating that and completely ghosting someone after moving them to an onsite round is just unprofessional.