Evans Halshaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evans Halshaw Interview Questions

Interviews at Evans Halshaw

2.1

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application which included a test to see if you were suitable. head office email after that who just come across admin like. site interview normally with a dealer principle and a business manager or sales leader.

Interview Questions

• It’s long hours like no other industry. How will you deal with this.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Hull, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview just talked about the job however first week work was crap, treated new starters like dirty labour work and then the greedy existing sales executives nicking all the customers and not giving you a chance to speak. i think as a whole, the competition is something definitely work colleagues take into consideration. I am only trying to get experience in this company after a while i will most likely leave as no job security and ridiculous commission structure. Avoid EVERYONE!!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

effective, have online application followed by phone interview then finalised by interview with management at place of work. the whole process was professional and was not daunting in any way, they make you feel comfortable but you must ensure you are confident in your answers.

Interview Questions

• why should i pick you over everyone else?   1 Answer

Credit Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewers said they lost track of time as an apology for making me wait. I wasn't really asked many questions and was talked to about the role. I was told that the distance I lived was too far away (20 mins drive) even though I said it was fine. I got the vibe it wasnt the interviewers who wanted to interview me but only the recruitment dept that picked me. At the end of the interview I was told that they had lots to interview and I wouldn't hear back for 2-3 weeks. 4 weeks later and still heard nothing...Very rude.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilmarnock, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Kilmarnock, Scotland (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview itself was fine but they never ever get back to you. They promise to be in touch within a few days but they never are! Absolutely shocking for such a big company with a resourcing office. And the “Customer Service Assistant” jobs are an excuse not to pay you commission for sales, CSA’s do absolutely everything other than sort the finance out.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your experience, and what you know about the role   Answer Question

Evans Halshaw Response

Oct 19, 2018 – Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback – please email resourcing@pendragon.uk.com with details of your application and we would be happy to look in to why you have not yet received feedback and chase this up... More

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Sheffield, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Excellent interview, very professional and comfortable interview. I felt so at ease during the interview. I've never felt so comfortable in an interview before. So friendly. I got offered the job straight away. And I've loved working here ever since.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work extra time with paid overtime if required.   1 Answer

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashton-under-Lyne, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Ashton-under-Lyne, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and was told to book an interview slot online. After I confirmed my time and date for the interview (that was supposed be competency based and would last for an hour). Upon arrival I was made to wait 30 minutes. I entered the room where two men just sat there, looking uninterested and they asked irrelevant none competency based questions and not one thing I said was written down. One or two questions were relevant but I got the feeling that they were just interviewing me for the sake of HR.

New Car Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Kingston upon Hull, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very Straight forward and relaxed. I was very suprised as their was no real grilling questions asked during my interview. I was forwarned as to have a thick skin for the job and enjoy myself as their was a lot to learn but I would be eased into the role. When asking about the drawbacks of the role was told that long hours are to be expected.

Interview Questions

• What I Knew about the company etc   1 Answer

New Car Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evans Halshaw (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was booked for friday afternoon just past. I turned up 10 minutes early only to be kept waiting for over 45 minutes. I was led to believe that this was a full-on formal interview so was surprised to be told it was an informal 10-question quiz based on the usual competency type questions.

I answered the questions and at the end asked a couple. Interview ended with me being asked to email a thanks for the interview and state if I wanted to pull out or progress to the next stage. Within 2 hours I sent this email and confirmed I wanted to push forward.

Monday morning bright and early I get the rejection email with the usual excuse-you were good but others were closer to the criteria that employers tend to hide behind.

Based on this and other interviews, not just in car sales but in other roles as well it seems the typical desired criteria is 20-something (not me), cocky,loud, arrogant with an advanced higher degree in brown-nosing (not me), an allergy to hard graft and the ability to stab workmates in the back to advance yourself without even thinking. Related or relevant experiences don't come in to things much either it would seem. Constantly I'm 'good enough' to be invited in for interview as 'they're keen to meet me' but to me it seems anybody 30 or over is just invited along as a token so companies can tick boxes to show they are not ageist even though they know any 30 plus is not on a level playing field-it's not what you know but how cheap you are to employ and how easy you are to manipulate into a puppet that seals the deal.

My advice is if you are under 29 experience or not you stand a very good chance but 30 and over no matter your qualities the dice is loaded against you. Anyone over 30 wanting to career change into car sales, sorry but your only chance is to set up yourself-this ageism is rife in many companies in many fields.

It will be interesting to see the spin used to defend this blatant practice...

Interview Questions

• describe a time you managed a customer's expectations   1 Answer