EventMobi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EventMobi

2.7

Sort:

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EventMobi.

Interview

Very friendly engineers. Loved that my initial phone screen was with the CTO. Another phone screen with a junior developer, and two more technical interviews with more senior developers. Very straight forward technical questions, and lots of interest in past projects and experiences. Were able to accommodate interviewing long distance over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Trivia questions, pair programming type question, design oriented question   Answer Question

Had another offer

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EventMobi.

Interview

Only 1 phase of skype interviewing for me because I was in Vancouver when the CTO reached out to me. Other designers/interns would have a design challenge in an office interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EventMobi.

Interview

Two interview rounds. One with a senior developer. The other with the CTO. Simple questions, mostly about past experiences. The only technical questions were given in the first round interview. The second round is meant to see if you're a good fit to the company. Email queries to the company were returned within 1 day.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EventMobi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone screen, then an interview, first with CTO and lead dev. After that I had another interview with the CTO and was offered the job a couple days after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EventMobi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

An internal recruiter reached out to me, and I was on the market, so I decided to go in for an interview. I get that it's hard to hire the right people, but this is a start up with a very basic product, and they treated the interview process as if they were Google or Amazon. I interviewed with 3 people for half my day. After the first interview I already had it it my head that I didn't want to work here, I won't get into the details of why as it's something everyone will have to decide on their own.

My suggestion is maybe between interviews ask the candidate if they're still interested in continuing, I just felt like it was a huge waste of my time and the interviewers' time to keep going.

Interview Questions

• Show me an example of a system you've designed or implemented   Answer Question

Senior Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EventMobi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Typical interview process

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EventMobi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Manager was late, (after she scheduled the interview for first thing in the morning) admitted she hadn't even read my resume, and generally made me feel as though she hadn't put in any effort for the interview, or to get to know me while I was sitting in front of her, and that my being in the interview room was a favour to me.

The whole experience was unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth about a company that I was otherwise excited about.

Interview Questions

• "I haven't even read your resume. Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Met some nice ppl throughout the process. Communication was at times erratic but I brushed it off because the team seemed very busy, esp as they had ambitious plans for rapid growth. Brand new CMO confessed that there had been a mass exodus in marketing (see dramatic saga of previous glassdoor reviews), and that the CEO owned much of the responsibility and was ready to change.

But based on my encounter with the dude, I don't believe him - and I can imagine why ppl left. Thought he was quite arrogant and patronizing. He talked a lot about himself and made a point to say that I was just one of hundreds of interviews he's conducted. Didn't agree with the assumptions behind his "culture fit" questions, like who I was growing up. Seemed to think very highly of himself, how much he knows and the super coolness of his startup that even has office scooters.

Most disappointingly, after jumping through many hoops (including free work), there has been no word since the last interview, even with follow-up. Not even an automated rejection email.

Don't forget that when you're interviewing ppl, they're also interviewing you. You need to appreciate their time and ensure that, no matter the outcome, they have a positive experience and will speak well of you and the company to others. This is especially true when EM's talent and reputation are as fragile as they seem to be right now - looks like there's been even more turnover and the same roles posted months ago still haven't been filled.

The TO tech scene is small and word gets around. You need advocates, not negative reviewers!

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EventMobi (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had to complete an online video interview. This was the first time I had been exposed to this type of process. The questions were easy and I had the chance to re do before submitting the final answer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EventMobi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Intro call with CTO (very enthusiastic, open, and informational, and VERY rare to see), next step was an on-site (4 sessions: code kata, software design, and architecture, with lunch (provided) to get to know some of the team), then final interview with the CTO and CEO for a culture/values fit. An outstanding display of dedication to not only determining if the candidate was a good fit for the company, but if the company was a good fit for the candidate.

One of the most considerate, people-focused interviews I've had. There's a genuine concern for assessing the right things (personality, teamwork, creativity, communication) rather than just technical acumen.

A note on the difficulty of the interview - ALL of the people involved in the interview process (CEO, CTO, Employee Success Manager, and 3 very experienced Engineers) communicate very well, which made it easier for me to digest the technical and professional aspects.

Interview Questions

• Pseudo-code an algorithm (whiteboard) - lots of focus on communication and collaboration rather than getting it right the first time.

Create a modular design of a system - again, communication and showing your work/thought process was emphasized.

Lots of open conversation, opportunities to ask questions about the company, and transparent history and direction.   Answer Question