Exelon Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out for a phone interview. The recruiter called me back a week later with an offer. The recruiter's unenthusiastic tone made me realize I was not their first choice, but next in line; the poor attitude was off-putting. I had more questions and scheduled another phone call with my potential supervisor. My questions were answered professionally and thoroughly, but not with enthusiasm. I decide to forgo this full-time 27$/ hour opportunity for something part-time instead.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where a you were a part of a team dynamic.   1 Answer
    • Share a time you took a risk, and why?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

In person interview involved 4 hour long interviews with a different member of the various groups within the finance department. The interview was pretty standard behavioral questions. I was not asked anything technical. They gave a description of their team and asked how I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you think you would be a good fit? How does your past experience relate to this role?   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Middletown, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Took Exelon specific Basic Math and Science Test in addition to the industry required Plant Operator Selection System exam. Lots of information available on the POSS but was only provided an example with 8 questions on the BMST that was a poor reflection of the scope of the actual test. Highly recommend researching this test on forums for a better idea of what it entails.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took advantage of the opportunity to learn a new skill.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was really not that difficult. It was a phone interview then in person interview where I spoke with the manager and we talked about my skills and technology. We spoke about past experiences and the type of projects that needed to be taken care of upon hire.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use excel? Outlook? Siebel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter who did the initial screening to gauge my suitability for the role. The next round was the in-person interview which was scheduled soon after. Interview panel consisted of 3 members.

Interview Questions

• All questions were 'Tell me a time when you exhibited a particular skill or quality' type. They took turns literally read these attributes from a document.   Answer Question
    • Why Exelon?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

We had an overview presentation before our actual interview with two managers. They asked a few questions based to get a feel of what my personality is like. There was very few technical questions, it was more of a situational basis where you would have to describe a situation that you had to overcome.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

I applied for the position online and I was contacted by a human resources representative within a week. We discussed an overview of the job and the interview and hiring process. At that time they requested I come in for testing and an interview. The initial human resources rep was very helpful and informative. I flew to the site and took the tests one day and then had the interview the next day. The interview was the standard behavioral based interview that you are more than likely to experience anywhere you are applying to. Some of the questions were very open ended and I asked for clarification. The experience was very positive and enjoyable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Very informative. They explained the company structure and how the hiring process works. They went thru the job description and what was required to complete the job successfully. They asked about my background and courses completed. It was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Clinton, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Exelon came to my university's engineering career fair. When I talked to the representative it was almost like a mini interview. He asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted this summer internship. He also asked why I thought I was best qualified for this position. He pulled me aside and informed me Exelon wanted to interview me. The next day I had my interview and it was like another one but the interviewer was completely lifeless. He turned my bubbly personality into a negative feature of mine and just didn't bounce of any of my comments. Other than that, they asked the typical interview questions and thats the last I've heard from Exelon.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Energy (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2008.

Interview

good interview process had 2 interviews and a hands on testing

Interview Questions

• most difficult question was how did you handle a situation in which a safety or policy is being violated   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negociation for this position