Exide Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.5

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Milton, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

HR screener, followed by phone call with hiring manager and plant manager, and onsite interview which included meetings with three people. Interview process was a little disorganized as calls were constantly rescheduled.

Interview Questions

• Take a look at these parts from batteries and describe what you see and how it was made.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Exide Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

Very short and not associated to the job applying for. They seemed to like to talk about themselves and how horrible the company was as far as communication and other things.

Hub Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exide Technologies.

Interview

One of the most unorganized interview experiences I have had. Had a conversation with an HR Manager and she asked if I would be interested in speaking with the hiring manager. I told her I would be interested and she said she would get back to me with times for a phone conversation. The following day I got a phone call from her saying the interview has to be rescheduled the only thing was I was never informed that an interview had been scheduled. On the day of the interview the hiring manager called over 30 minutes late for our conversation. We spoke for about 45 minutes and he said he would be flying out within the next week or so and he would call me with his travel info and we would set up a time to meet. A week went by and I never heard anything so I emailed my HR contact and she said he would probably be out the following week. Another week went by another email sent to HR she said the interview was handed off to another individual and not sure when he would be coming out. Couple more weeks went by and the interview yet again got handed off to another person. HR called me and we set up a time and date for the interview. Got an email confirmation and the email had a different meeting time that what was discussed on the phone. Emailed her back and she got the meeting times mixed up. Went to the interview and the facility is in a newer area and looks nice on the outside but it looks pretty run down on the inside. Pretty standard interview lots of "normal" interview questions. Interviewer mentioned at her location she has to buy her employees breakfast to get them to come in on Saturdays but one them she has to give money for beer because he doesn't want the breakfast. It was somewhat odd hearing that. Week or so after the interview I emailed the HR contact and never got a response back and from what I have read that is how they operate.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exide Technologies.

Interview

I have a schedule interview, but the HR didn't call me, instead I have to reach her by email. Then, she replied and told me that the hiring manager have moved on. It's so unorganized and irresponsible for the HR.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Milton, GA).

Interview

I interviewed on two separate occasions. The first time, I was asked before hand by the recruiter if the salary range met my expectations. I assured him it did, given the other benefits (e.g. commute, work-life balance etc). The hiring manager interviewed me for one hour and raised the issue that I would not be happy with the salary three times during the one hour. She had nine other people coming in for the interview as well (cattle call). A complete waste of my time.

The second time, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then was asked to come in for a full day of interviews with various top management. When I arrived, I was told that the person who I thought would be the hiring manager (who did the phone interview) left the company that very day (I was supposed to have lunch with him). I interviewed with around six managers/executives, I followed up three or four times, and they never responded in any way. Very unprofessional and another waste of time.

Incidentally, Exide has declared bankruptcy twice in 12 years.

Interview Questions

• Would I rather create a contract or break a contract?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (East Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They call me for an interview,date time and place ,when l get to the company ask for the HR and talked to him for about 10 minutes about my duties on my last job and experience,after that He explain all about his company employer ,time benefits etc.

Interview Questions

• If l like to communicate with Management?   1 Answer

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Milton, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Talked with numerous people through out the morning and they all asked similar questions about my experience and desire and wanted to know what I knew about Exide. Finished with HR review and expectations

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Exide Technologies.

Interview

Fairly normal interview. No unexpected questions. Be pleasant and professional, do not interrupt the H R person while they are explaining the company. Ask questions about the company, do your homework before the interview.

EHS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exide Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty standard. It was a phone interview with the HR Manager followed by an on-site interview/plant tour with the EHS Manager and Plant Manager. The entire interview process had a very laid back feel to it. The EHS Manager had some job specific questions related to Lockout/Tagout, hazardous material handling, and DoT regulation training. The plant manager, however, didn't really ask many questions. He mainly talked more about Exide as a company than asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked during the interviews were very standard to the position I was applying for. No questions that were asked were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a higher hourly pay. However, in hindsight, I wish I would have tried to negotiate for higher given the environment I was being put into.

Sales Operations Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exide Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was very meet and great oriented. Little structure. No behavior type interviewing techniques.
    2nd interview was a mess. They brought 5 candidates in for the same job on the same day and paraded us from room to room to interview. They had a nice color coded spreadsheet of the interview schedule that one interviewer left on the desk while he escorted another candidate to his next interview.
    Part of the job was reporting and analytics. One of the interviews was a case study with unformatted data that you had to pivot table, run formulas and analyze. Not hard, but worth noting.
    I interviewed on a Tuesday, which would have been just less than weeks from December 1st. They told me they wanted the resource to start on December 1st. No way they could have gotten an offer and negotiated a package with enough time to give 2 weeks notice at your current employer. And remember, Thanksgiving was in those 3 weeks. Tells me they don't value integrity and doing the right thing to close out existing employment.
    At the end, the HR representative told me that she thought they had enough information to make a decision that day.
    I never heard from them again.