Exide Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Exide Technologies

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the hiring manager and an on site interview. The phone interview was just like every other interview. The on site interview was different. The hiring manager told me he would act like he would on any given day at the jobsite and "grill" me about things that he expected to be done. Well, if this was any indication of what it was really going to be like I wasn't going to accept any offer there. The manager was very rude and borderline racist. 3 months later I get a letter from the Federal Government saying that the company had filed for bankruptcy and I didn't have the legal right to file a claim against them. Thank god I didn't go to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't any difficult questions. But the manager was a difficult person, in general.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Columbus, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Was invited for interview with Maintenance supervisor first, after which we toured the plant, met up with different dept. and plant personell, many of which were dept. heads and supervisors. Then after these informal, but very insightful talks, I was offered a position in the maintenance dept. as a Technician at the then posted starting rate (very good for the year). That was the best part of working there!

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience, and how much did I have about PLC systems and controls, name of systems (model, type, etc.) As well as my electrical (high voltage) abilities, and electronic skills. Did I mind overtime? Was there anything that would tend to keep me out of work? The rest was laid out in front of the manager in my portfolio, Those questions were mostly already answered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, as ALL new employees start at the tier level hired for.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (East Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They call me for an interview,date time and place ,when l get to the company ask for the HR and talked to him for about 10 minutes about my duties on my last job and experience,after that He explain all about his company employer ,time benefits etc.

Interview Questions

• If l like to communicate with Management?   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Milton, GA).

Interview

I interviewed on two separate occasions. The first time, I was asked before hand by the recruiter if the salary range met my expectations. I assured him it did, given the other benefits (e.g. commute, work-life balance etc). The hiring manager interviewed me for one hour and raised the issue that I would not be happy with the salary three times during the one hour. She had nine other people coming in for the interview as well (cattle call). A complete waste of my time.

The second time, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then was asked to come in for a full day of interviews with various top management. When I arrived, I was told that the person who I thought would be the hiring manager (who did the phone interview) left the company that very day (I was supposed to have lunch with him). I interviewed with around six managers/executives, I followed up three or four times, and they never responded in any way. Very unprofessional and another waste of time.

Incidentally, Exide has declared bankruptcy twice in 12 years.

Interview Questions

• Would I rather create a contract or break a contract?   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Milton, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

Took about 4 hours. Two people interviwed to fill two positions.Spoke with 5 people mostly personality stuff, very little technical. One guy wasn't sure why he was even asked to interview. Hired two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered more than I asked for.

EHS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exide Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty standard. It was a phone interview with the HR Manager followed by an on-site interview/plant tour with the EHS Manager and Plant Manager. The entire interview process had a very laid back feel to it. The EHS Manager had some job specific questions related to Lockout/Tagout, hazardous material handling, and DoT regulation training. The plant manager, however, didn't really ask many questions. He mainly talked more about Exide as a company than asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked during the interviews were very standard to the position I was applying for. No questions that were asked were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a higher hourly pay. However, in hindsight, I wish I would have tried to negotiate for higher given the environment I was being put into.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exide Technologies in August 2012.

Interview

Relatively normal - varied between canned expected questions and some more interesting ones. Multiple people interviewed me over basically an entire day. Obviously can get tedious but not bad overall.

Interview Questions

• Only two people cared about GPA - ended up not being an issue either way.   Answer Question

Director of Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Exide Technologies (Milton, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR, discussion with the hiring manager, then on-site interview with three people. The people who had been with the company > 5 years had a very poor attitude. The hiring manager just talked and talked. I could not get a question in and when I did get one or two questions in, he just rambled on explaining the most mundane things. Even though I didn't get an offer, I decided before I left that I was not going to take an offer unless it was at least 2x my current compensation. The thing that really scared me was that he told me that in his 23 or so years with the company, that division had only turned a profit for 2 of the years. I would suggest avoiding anything with the motive power division. From his office, it appears that he cares more about golf and the trophies than building a strong team to develop the business.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exide Technologies in January 2012.

Interview

Pretty general. Nothing I haven't been asked at every other interview ever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Exide Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

Very short and not associated to the job applying for. They seemed to like to talk about themselves and how horrible the company was as far as communication and other things.