Export Development Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Export Development Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Export Development Canada

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada in November 2018.

Interview

A bit slow to get everything set up. However, the interview was very friendly and the interviewers are genuinely interested in you, and the skills you bring. Knowledgeable people that answered questions at the end with great detail and passion. The business that EDC does is one of the most interesting if you have a passion for Global Markets.

Interview Questions

• Why EDC, some basic behavioral questions and some technical questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Most unprofessional interview experience I've ever had. Initial interview went great, got a call back asking when I could start, and did background and reference check, leading me to believe it was basically a done deal. Told me to come in for fingerprint scan, only to have it cancelled last minute. Then heard nothing from them for days until I reached out to them. Was told they were still conducting interviews. Got an email a week later saying the needs of the department had changed during the process. What a bunch of bull. Don't get people's hopes up by taking them to the last step in the process and then changing your mind and then just not saying anything.

Interview Questions

• Generic personality/behavioural questions to see how you would fit into team.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

First step was a quick phone Interview, then a written test to check the communication skills and financials skills. Finally the process ended up with an interview where I met 1 HR representative and then 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone quick negociation and then came back with an offer. They sent me the package and contract to sign by mail with a dealine .

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

A third party checked my references. I then did a 1:1 interview with a girl from HR who asked basic cookie cutter questions; ability with MS Office, strengths/ weaknesses, french/ english etc... Then a video interview with 2 managers of the team I was to be placed on. Many of the same questions. I didn't even answer the question 'what are your bad qualities'. Overall pretty smooth, all fastballs down the middle.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use pivot tables in Excel?   1 Answer
    • Do you speak french?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Export Development Canada.

Interview

Behavioural interview was quite basic with the human resources lead. General questions focused on background, personality, availability, and corporate fit. The meetings were set by email, and no phone calls exchanged. Friendly and welcoming team, but the interviews were set back to back so candidates practically ran into one another in the hallway.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada in May 2009.

Interview

The Agency appear disorganized in its recruiting process from the time they first contacted me. The phone interview was fine and the in person interview followed a week later. It was a panel interview that was fluid and conversational. The one on one interview afterwards was more structured.

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The first round consisted of a video conference from the Toronto office. An initial interview with HR and two senior managers. A total of about 1.5 hours. Standard questions regarding motivation, previous experience, etc.

After a few days, the HR called inviting for a second interview at EDC headquarters. The second round included two sets of interviews with most of the team members as well as the hiring manager. A small case study was also given to test financial skills as well as general business and export understanding.

The same day, a request for references came from HR. After a quick negotiation, a contract was sent out and signed.

The entire process was handled very professionally and relatively fast.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical behavioral based questions and CV related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation regarding salary is possible but not much.

PC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

met with an HR adviser for an hour interview, then with the project/business team for another interview. It was about 3 people so not too terrifying. They asked very basic interview questions at first, then more thorough project management type questions.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview with HR. Met with the reinsurance team and small technical details but most of it was behavioral and situational interview. As a coop student they don't expect you to know technical aspects of finance, they just want to know if they can work with you. Also, it is very key that you know the company and understand what they do so do your research especially as a student as it shows how much you prepared and care about the company.

Interview Questions

• tell me 5 key strengths about yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, co-op student is standard and set in stone. Given that they're giving you the opportunity to work and gain experience not much wiggle room. But if you get extended you can get some of there assume benefits and spending account.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Export Development Canada.

Interview

1 hour interview. First 15mins was with an HR rep and normally they quiz you how much research you have done on the company. Then after they you sit down with one manager and one associate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic behaviour questions. It was more about fit then your financial knowledge.   Answer Question