Export Development Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.8

PC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

met with an HR adviser for an hour interview, then with the project/business team for another interview. It was about 3 people so not too terrifying. They asked very basic interview questions at first, then more thorough project management type questions.

Loans Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

30 Min at home case study emailed to you, 30 min in person interview with HR manager, and 1.5 hour interview with selection committee.
    HR called to inform of my rating of the top 8 candidates. Nice touch since I was second in line for job.

Interview Questions

• What title would you give your life if it was a book?   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Export Development Canada.

Interview

1 hour interview. First 15mins was with an HR rep and normally they quiz you how much research you have done on the company. Then after they you sit down with one manager and one associate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic behaviour questions. It was more about fit then your financial knowledge.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview with HR. Met with the reinsurance team and small technical details but most of it was behavioral and situational interview. As a coop student they don't expect you to know technical aspects of finance, they just want to know if they can work with you. Also, it is very key that you know the company and understand what they do so do your research especially as a student as it shows how much you prepared and care about the company.

Interview Questions

• tell me 5 key strengths about yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, co-op student is standard and set in stone. Given that they're giving you the opportunity to work and gain experience not much wiggle room. But if you get extended you can get some of there assume benefits and spending account.

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The first round consisted of a video conference from the Toronto office. An initial interview with HR and two senior managers. A total of about 1.5 hours. Standard questions regarding motivation, previous experience, etc.

After a few days, the HR called inviting for a second interview at EDC headquarters. The second round included two sets of interviews with most of the team members as well as the hiring manager. A small case study was also given to test financial skills as well as general business and export understanding.

The same day, a request for references came from HR. After a quick negotiation, a contract was sent out and signed.

The entire process was handled very professionally and relatively fast.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical behavioral based questions and CV related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation regarding salary is possible but not much.

Summer Student Interview

Interview

Received email inviting me to an interview, which took place the following week. The interview was a standard behavioural interview, asking questions about strengths and weaknesses and situational questions. It was around an hour and a half in length and took place at the head office in Ottawa, with the Manager of the team and another officer on the team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Very quick, took less than two weeks. The HR was so nice and the process was so easy. The interview was done in toronto via Video conference. I knew i got the job from the response of the interviewer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

First step was a quick phone Interview, then a written test to check the communication skills and financials skills. Finally the process ended up with an interview where I met 1 HR representative and then 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone quick negociation and then came back with an offer. They sent me the package and contract to sign by mail with a dealine .

Credit Insurance Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a financial knowledge exam, a French/English exam and an interview with a HR rep and a hiring manager. This was for an entry level position and the questions were geared towards someone starting out in their career. They emphasize behavioural type questions like 'what would you do in a specific scenario?' and 'can you give us an example of when you displayed this type of behavior?'

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to work at EDC? What do you know about EDC?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada in May 2009.

Interview

The Agency appear disorganized in its recruiting process from the time they first contacted me. The phone interview was fine and the in person interview followed a week later. It was a panel interview that was fluid and conversational. The one on one interview afterwards was more structured.