FDNY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FDNY

Sort:

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDNY (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

It really is a intense, but they want the BEST! Best example would be civil service, complete background check, intrrviews, physical fitness test, physiological screening,complete & total medical evaluations. Then hopefully onto the academy for 8-10 weeks if selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was none.

Firefighter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FDNY.

Interview

Top scores on the FDNY civil service test are required. Background checks are very thorough and extensive. The whole process from initial civil service test, to date of hire will take at least 1 &1/2 years and may take up to 5 years. Physical fitness is an absolute must. The academy is long and grueling.

Interview Questions

• Questions during the hiring process are all common sense.
      Your most difficult questions will all come in the academy which will be based on material they provide you with to study and learn from   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation.

Firefighter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at FDNY in March 2013.

Interview

to get hired you'll hav to wait until they announce a test date for the exam. if you take the exam and pass high on the list they will contact you by mail. you will fill out an extensive application asking about your whole entire life. then you will show up at the 1 on 1 interview. after that you will do a medical. then you can expect to be called back for the academy in a 6 to 9 months

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDNY (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 interviews I had to go through, and I had 3-4 interviewers those two days. One should arrive 20 minutes prior to their appointed interview, since one has to go through security and notify security about your interview. That way, they can pass that message to your interviewers while you're in the waiting area.

Interview Questions

• If the customer line is building up and your supervisor tells you to hurry up, what would you do?   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at FDNY (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very long process with multiple times returning to headquarters over a year period, detailed background check/investigation, about a weeks notice to return summoned by mail. Tax information, address information. They discovered information about me I did not know was available to them

EMT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FDNY.

Interview

You get your certification and pay money for a "exam score" then are put on a list until you are called off that list based on how high you scored (based on experience only) then you get called for a medical, physical, agility, psych, loads of paper work and then are called for an academy.

Interview Questions

• No formal interview. Just you meet with your investigator and give them all your filled out paperwork   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you your start date 2 weeks before you get the job. Barely enough time to quit your current job.

Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDNY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

A friend cant make it to the interview, so I went for him instead, the whole process took fifteen mins, interview questions were not hard, asked you very basic questions

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FDNY (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview was with multiple managers from different areas. Each person had slightly different questions for me. I was asked to describe in detail how I collected information for the documents that I wrote. They also wanted to know who reviewed the my draft documents. In addition they asked me to explain how I prepared for leading training classes: PowerPoint presentations and training hand-out documents.

Interview Questions

• They wanted specific details about former positions and requested hard copy samples of my work.   Answer Question

EMT-Basic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FDNY (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty straight forward. The only thing that is annoying is that its seperate dates for each part of the interview and its located in downtown BK. It comes down to filling out the application questionnaire they hand you and you're background check. If all is clean you pretty much get the job pendind medical evaluation....psych evaluation...and importantly the physical evaluation. From there you enter the academy where the real processing begins in training the FDNY way.

Interview Questions

• Employment history. Arrest record if any. Since this is a city job they dont ask typical questions the private sector asks.   1 Answer

Fdny Emt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDNY (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's long and detailed with a lot of testing and appointments.there are multiple steps for the hiring process. You first have to put your name on a list then wait. Once you get called you go for a physical fitness test. Once you complete that and get called you go for a medical screening. You also have to complete and pass a psychiatric evaluation and written test. Upon completion of all of these things you meet with your lead investigator where all of your paperwork if reviewed and assessed. If you pass everything you sit and wait for a phone call to enter the academy. They can call you as late as 2 days before it starts which does not allow you to resign from a current job with proper notification.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask a lot of questions since it's a job with its own training and requirements   1 Answer