FEMA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FEMA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2017

2.7

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

Many topical questions about the job I was applying for. Reading the job posting as well as documents produced by the office was helpful. A good knowledge of project management and emergency management was beneficial.

IA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FEMA in July 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a representative, asking if I was still interested in the reservist position. Once I replied yes, she continued on to ask me general interview questions regarding my customer service experience. Once she was done with the interview process I was told I should hear from someone within the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain you experience with dealing with the general public.   Answer Question

Applicant Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FEMA (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a call from Mr. Curtis, he was very nice and professional, after submitting my "resumé" through "Indeed". He explained to me the requirements of the position. Depend on the answers, he will pass my resume his supervisor for review. The rest is history!

Interview Questions

• They asked me: Are you able to travel for training?   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FEMA in February 2017.

Interview

This was a first round interview conducted over the phone after an online application. The interview was conducted by a group of 5 junior level staff (my peers). A few hours later they informed me that I had progressed to submitting a writing sample--round two of three. I'm now waiting to hear if I made it to round three (interviewing with senior staff).

Interview Questions

• Are will willing to commit to non-regular hours in the case of emergency management recall?
      Tell us about yourself and your interest in FEMA
      How much statistics experience have you had? How do you handle variables that are not easily measurable?
      How do you cope when your supervisor changes your work plan?
      What experience have you had with presenting to broader and specialized audiences?   Answer Question

Reservationist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FEMA (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview Process is professional and supportive H/R team.The documents that need to be completed can become cumbersome because everything must be detailed and accurate. The process is not hard, just be honest and ethical when completing documents.

Interview Questions

• That you could communicate with personnel one on one. Their are several emails to be understood in order to move forward with process. The screening is very theral.   Answer Question

Session Secrurity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FEMA (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Session Security. Even though I have no security background, I know I have ethics that are above and beyond knowledge of security measures. Working for FEMA, I am always aware of surrounding.

Interview Questions

• 1) When was there a time that you had a conflict and how did you fix it.
      2 )When was there a time you disagreed with management and how did you salve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at FEMA (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Hiring manager called to see if I was still interested. Admin circled back to schedule. 1st round was with the hiring manager and 2 other panel members. The 2nd was with the same hiring manager, actual boss (on the phone) and 2 other managers in the office.

Interview Questions

CORE position, which means it's a 2 year term position but you can be let go at anytime with no reason. As a current fed, I didn't need that kind of risk

Emergency Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FEMA (Winchester, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was asked 6 fairly standard questions about working in a team and with people in difficult situations. Other questions were about experience with Microsoft Office and other computer programs. Most questions were looking for the soft skills needed to help people.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer service situation?   Answer Question

Financial Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FEMA in May 2016.

Interview

Open panel of 3 people. 10 questions and each answer had to be in the form of SITUATION, ACTION and RESULT. based on your experiences. Interview began with an explanation of the position and the salary rationale.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with mitigating conflict management   Answer Question

Reservist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FEMA (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

There is a phone interview and if you pass that, then you are hired. The questions asked are pretty simple and straight forward. There is not much to this process. It does not take a wizard to get hired.