FOX News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FOX News Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Overall very good. Applied in June and got a video interview in early August followed by a phone interview with a HR person. She was very nice. Asked basic questions on my interest and experience. Got a call next day that I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• Favorite reporter?
      Are you familiar with our content?
      Why you want to work here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Emailed and asked to perform a video interview. Emailed later to perform a phone interview. Was then emailed 2 weeks later about the position. I declined the offer.

Content Distrubution Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

All through email. 3 phase was in office. They asked me to send ideas. Then sent a You are not hired email on Monday. All first hand contact is done by HR. My first interview over the phone was set up by email. It was good. At home writing test was sent at home. Passed that. Then the interview in person was set up through email. Probably was one of the best interviews I had in a long time. They really didn’t ask too many questions to be honest. They said the interview was a hour then sprung another writing test on me out the blue that asked stuff like: Name Trumps Kids, Name people in Trumps cabinet.
    They made it seem like it wasn’t nothing but this position didn’t require writing like that so that was confusing. I really felt like I had the job but Telling by the look of the news floor and everything else in the back of my head I was suspicious when one asked me to send all my ideas in a email. My interview was on a Thursday and they basically sent a email saying my qualifications don’t match. I been doing YouTube for 7 years and know it like the back of my hands. I doubt it

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Process took about a month. I applied online and then was asked to do a video interview. A few weeks later I had a phone interview and about 2 weeks later had an in person interview. There was a test for the in person interview which they didn't mention prior. I was expecting the current events questions but the other questions were more specific, in-depth questions. Questions ranged from politics, to US government, stock market questions, international news, pop culture, and sports.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview, but I personally was not completely ready for it. I would say come very prepared and it will be an easy interview. There will be multiple people you have to interview with.

College Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FOX News in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Few weeks later I had a video interview. The video gives you different questions and you have around 1min to respond - be short and to the point in your responses. Then, I had a phone interview. Next, I was asked to submit 2 letters or recommendation. Lastly, I had to fill out paper work after I got the offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FOX News in July 2017.

Interview

First, there was an email sent to me saying they would like to conduct a video interview, which contained about 4 or 5 questions which you had one minute to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. Give them 4-5 weeks to respond. It takes a while. Check emails for a phone interview during that time. If you pass the phone interview then you get an email about four weeks later saying that you were accepted and then you have to get two letters of recommendation

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Phone screening, brief about 25 min. Pleasant, if you are well prepared you will be fine. Be sure to do your research and be honest! Also, make sure to take the call in a distraction-free area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A coordinator reached out to my email asking if I would meet with the EP of a Fox Business show. I met with her and it went well, she was a delight and seemed genuinely interested in my experience and interests.

After a few days she set up a meeting with the VPs of Fox Business. That meeting went incredibly worse, as one VP proceeded to immediately make fun of one of my past employers and then crack sexist jokes. The other VP seemed uncomfortable, but did not comment on his partner's inappropriate manner. They then grilled me on why I wanted to switch from comedy to news, but I was still very taken aback by the previous comments and language.

They said they would have an answer for me by the end of the week. When I didn't hear back after a week, I reached out to the EP, who told me they decided they weren't going to hire any time soon. I then learned from an inside source that they did in fact hire someone for the position.

It was, overall, a confusing and awkward process rank in unprofessionalism.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They were very gracious in the many interviews with people on the show. I really like the good cop and bad cop routine they do to test your knowledge