FOX News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FOX News Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Phone screening, brief about 25 min. Pleasant, if you are well prepared you will be fine. Be sure to do your research and be honest! Also, make sure to take the call in a distraction-free area.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A coordinator reached out to my email asking if I would meet with the EP of a Fox Business show. I met with her and it went well, she was a delight and seemed genuinely interested in my experience and interests.

After a few days she set up a meeting with the VPs of Fox Business. That meeting went incredibly worse, as one VP proceeded to immediately make fun of one of my past employers and then crack sexist jokes. The other VP seemed uncomfortable, but did not comment on his partner's inappropriate manner. They then grilled me on why I wanted to switch from comedy to news, but I was still very taken aback by the previous comments and language.

They said they would have an answer for me by the end of the week. When I didn't hear back after a week, I reached out to the EP, who told me they decided they weren't going to hire any time soon. I then learned from an inside source that they did in fact hire someone for the position.

It was, overall, a confusing and awkward process rank in unprofessionalism.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They were very gracious in the many interviews with people on the show. I really like the good cop and bad cop routine they do to test your knowledge

College Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through the website. It was a multi-round interview process, consisting of a video interview, followed by phone conference interview. Spoke with different people each round. They asked thoughtful questions and were very helpful in answering questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

One way video interview that flashed questions on screen and gave very brief period to answer. Could not go back and redo my responses. Be sure to know the company and be prepared for general interview questions. They do not follow up and will contact if interested. I'm still waiting.... Would prefer the let me know either way. No way to reach HR offices to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why Fox? What are your favorite programs/anchors? Strength and Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I received an email for a video interview and a few days later I had a phone interview with HR. I was offered the position a few months later.

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

My conversation with the department went really well. I clicked with the department. We had a great conversation. They were clear with their process and what they were looking for in an associate producer. In return my experience fit the position. I took the current events quiz and talked to recruiting. I eventually asked about pay and they wanted to pay 15$ an hour. I got paid more at a smaller market previously. After trying to negotiate with no avail. I said "No thank you" and walked out. That pay was not worth me producing their politics. If they wanted talent they need to pay for it. Someone else thought so and I thankfully work somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• It was more a conversation about my past experience since I knew they computer systems they were working with.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

I was referred to this position through a friend of an employee that works there. I submitted an application and a few wks later was asked to do a video interview. I took less than 5 mins. Then a week later they email me about setting up a phone interview. That was less than 10 mins long. Pretty basic, easy questions. Then a few days later they tell me to fill out an application. A wk and a half after that they offered me the position!

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I was asked a series of questions about television production, reporting, writing and editing, and a whole slew of other questions regarding the media. the entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What kind of content would you pitch on Fox and Friends?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the internship at FOX through their website. About two weeks later, I was sent a prompt to complete a webcam interview within a week. The interview asked two questions and you had 1 minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. After I sent that in, I had a phone interview and was asked basically the same questions. I did not receive an offer after that.