FOX News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FOX News

2.8

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

You have to fill out a current events test that asks specific questions about things that are going on. Local and national questions count, also be aware of local geography and major landmarks. There was also a writing test. I had to write two VOs and two VOSOTs and a tease for each of them.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FOX News (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Went in for interview. Show around Newsroom then asked to write script for news cast after reading a news story from ap wire. In the script asked to add video and given 15 minutes to complete story while working alongside other veteran reporters.

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and asked to submit a writing test. After the test, I was invited for an in house interview. The interview went well, and the interviewer told me that he'd be in touch. Never heard back from them. Not sure if the position has been filled.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite reporter?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

My conversation with the department went really well. I clicked with the department. We had a great conversation. They were clear with their process and what they were looking for in an associate producer. In return my experience fit the position. I took the current events quiz and talked to recruiting. I eventually asked about pay and they wanted to pay 15$ an hour. I got paid more at a smaller market previously. After trying to negotiate with no avail. I said "No thank you" and walked out. That pay was not worth me producing their politics. If they wanted talent they need to pay for it. Someone else thought so and I thankfully work somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• It was more a conversation about my past experience since I knew they computer systems they were working with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was notified two days before about an interview in NY, where I do not live. But I made the effort and went in knowing a physical interview would be better. Interview was fairly easy and there is a test, know your U.S. political system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Took current events test and writing test. Then interviewed with Senior producer of show and VP of AM programming. After that interview occurred I waited to interview with the VP of recruitment.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?
      How long before you think you'll be promoted?
      How do you feel about Trump?
      Why FOX?   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They were very gracious in the many interviews with people on the show. I really like the good cop and bad cop routine they do to test your knowledge

National Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (Houston, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

After applying you will get a call from the hiring manager. There will be a 30 minute phone screen. Then you will be invited to interview with the hiring manager in person. Next you will interview with the general sales manager. last you will interview with the hr manager and a couple of weeks later be sent an offer letter or called with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will only allow one counter.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It was great and fun and interesting, many rounds, too many people, everyone sad and rushed, no negotiation on money o income and it doesn't make any sense because tht want talent in business but don't want to pay competitive salaries for it

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

One way video interview that flashed questions on screen and gave very brief period to answer. Could not go back and redo my responses. Be sure to know the company and be prepared for general interview questions. They do not follow up and will contact if interested. I'm still waiting.... Would prefer the let me know either way. No way to reach HR offices to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why Fox? What are your favorite programs/anchors? Strength and Weaknesses?   Answer Question