FOX News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FOX News Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was notified two days before about an interview in NY, where I do not live. But I made the effort and went in knowing a physical interview would be better. Interview was fairly easy and there is a test, know your U.S. political system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Took current events test and writing test. Then interviewed with Senior producer of show and VP of AM programming. After that interview occurred I waited to interview with the VP of recruitment.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?
      How long before you think you'll be promoted?
      How do you feel about Trump?
      Why FOX?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

You have to fill out a current events test that asks specific questions about things that are going on. Local and national questions count, also be aware of local geography and major landmarks. There was also a writing test. I had to write two VOs and two VOSOTs and a tease for each of them.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FOX News (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Went in for interview. Show around Newsroom then asked to write script for news cast after reading a news story from ap wire. In the script asked to add video and given 15 minutes to complete story while working alongside other veteran reporters.

Negotiation

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

My conversation with the department went really well. I clicked with the department. We had a great conversation. They were clear with their process and what they were looking for in an associate producer. In return my experience fit the position. I took the current events quiz and talked to recruiting. I eventually asked about pay and they wanted to pay 15$ an hour. I got paid more at a smaller market previously. After trying to negotiate with no avail. I said "No thank you" and walked out. That pay was not worth me producing their politics. If they wanted talent they need to pay for it. Someone else thought so and I thankfully work somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• It was more a conversation about my past experience since I knew they computer systems they were working with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

quick process. met with recruiter and then met with hiring manage. took a test. the enviroment seemed ok. I thought the recruiter was not in control. She seemed scattered.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They were very gracious in the many interviews with people on the show. I really like the good cop and bad cop routine they do to test your knowledge

College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

This was a standard process like any other company. pretty interesting to get involved in. I liked the phone interview, but feel I could have done better in a face to face process.

National Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (Houston, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

After applying you will get a call from the hiring manager. There will be a 30 minute phone screen. Then you will be invited to interview with the hiring manager in person. Next you will interview with the general sales manager. last you will interview with the hr manager and a couple of weeks later be sent an offer letter or called with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will only allow one counter.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It was great and fun and interesting, many rounds, too many people, everyone sad and rushed, no negotiation on money o income and it doesn't make any sense because tht want talent in business but don't want to pay competitive salaries for it