FREIGHTQUOTE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FREIGHTQUOTE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a recruiter contact me after I had my resume online. I had a phone interview that went really smooth, and got invited for an in person interview the following week. It was very professional, I had a good feeling just from the atmosphere of the building. First interviewed with the recruiter, questions started fairly easy, wanted to know my background and how I could benefit them. You can tell they are asking questions to see if you have a sales personality. 2nd round was with a Sales Manager and was quite a bit harder. Very detailed questions about sales, how to overcome objectives, some behavioral questions, and they even caught me off guard by asking for a sales pitch but I felt like I winged it pretty well. Then they take you to the floor where you will potentially work, they sat me with a lady who really made me feel positive about my experience and the company. It seemed like all the people around really liked their job and the culture. Lastly, a 3rd interview with the Sale Director where you want to be prepared to come up with questions because it is basically a Q&A. I came up with lots of questions about the position, his background, the company, and was able to get conversation flowing. Make sure to have question prepared. Overall, the interview went great and I really enjoyed the process. I've interviewed with tons of big corporations and this was very well done. I appreciate that they really make sure you know what you are getting into without hiding that the position is majority of Cold Calling. I was called about 4 days later with an offer and accepted!

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Every step of the way, each person I interviewed with was thorough, honest, and detail orientated. Each step of the process they would always answer any questions I had about the position and future potential in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Three people interviewed me for the job and it took 2.5 hrs. They repeated a lot of the same questions and put me out on the floor with one of the sales representatives. This job is mostly cold calling. There's a pool for leads but every other employee has access to it. If you have connections with someone in CR you'll d great here if not, it's every man for itself. Different work environment and doesn't really have much privacy. Extremely diverse

Interview Questions

• Whats important to you in a work environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Super easy interview, whole process took about two weeks. First was phone interview, then in person interview with a recruiter, then got passed to a sales manager. He seemed to like me and I go to do a job shadow for about 30 minutes. After that was another interview with the sales manager's boss (forgot his exact title). He was super nice as well. It didn't really seem like an interview and was very conversational. I was told I would hear within a few days and it took about a week and they called me with an offer. Overall super easy

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

It's been posted before. Phone interview first. Then in person. Sit down first with HR Representative who talks about the culture. Then two separate interviews with sales managers. Then some sit down time with an Account Executive on the floor. I received my verbal offer within a week of that.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very mellow interview process. They took me to the building walked me around the offices where I would work and then told me about the 60-100 cold calls a day.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE.

Interview

Simple and elementary. Sales manager meets in an interview room. Doesn't matter what you say, then off to the sales floor where they sit you with someone they don't like and is new to experience the sales process.

Interview Questions

• Have you any experience in logistics?
      Do you like competition?
      Answer Question

Team Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

i was transitioning from freight broker to team support with 10 yrs experience at freightequote. I was interviewing with current employees who actually had less experience at the company and who were not being biased in their decision of employee preference.

Interview Questions

• How would your experience help you excel in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Starts w/ a phone interview, which was brief. Next, if you pass the phone interview, they'll invite you in for an in person interview. In person interview starts with an HR person then a sales manager. If you make it through both of those steps the sales manager will take you to sit next to an account executive for about 30 minutes. You can ask him/her questions, listen to any phone calls they make, get a first hand look at the job you'd be doing. Finally, a sales director will come get you and take you back to a meeting room and talk to you some more. This all took about 3 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FREIGHTQUOTE (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is expected to last at least 30 minutes. Very basic and standard. Was asked about my background and previous work experience. Recruiter asked how I heard about the position and why I was interested. At the end of the phone interview she felt comfortable to move me on to the next step of the interview process and scheduled an onsite interview. The interviews consisted of three stages, one on one with the recruiter and two separate interviews with different sales managers. The one on one with the recruiter was very laid back, it was about the same as the phone screening. She was very nice and helped prepare me for the interviews with the sales manager. She then took me on a tour of the facility before my second interview. The first interview with the first sales manager was pretty standard, he just wanted to know a little more about me. He then took me upstairs to shadow one of the account executives where I got to listen in on one of the calls and basically get a feel what a day is like working there. I then got passed on to the second sales manager. He also wanted to get to know more about me. The most important thing is to ask A LOT of questions. You basically need to prove to them why you should be hired.