Famous Footwear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (Jackson, MS) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very easy because they were kind of needing someone in a hurry . I like that he asked standard questions. They did a good job opening me up and allowing me to speak.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 2 days later. Had an interview set up for the following week. The interview went great and I was invited back for the second interview with the DM the next day in a different location. The DM mentioned that I would most likely be placed in that location. The interviews were fairly easy and mostly about how you would handle certain situations like theft. After the interview with the DM she said I would hear back the next day. I didn't get a call so I called the day after. They let me know they had to do reference calls. They called my current employer causing me to lose my job after I had asked for her not to be contacted. After almost 2 weeks with no updates (I would call every so often to check in) I stopped by the store. I did get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What product would you suggest for my shoes?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Famous Footwear.

Interview

Filled out an online application after finding the job posting on LinkedIn. Then an informal interview was scheduled with the general manager to discuss previous experience, personal ideals, ect.

Interview Questions

• Qualities you feel you have that benefit the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

The DM basically tried to sell me the company for 3 hours. I didn't get asked too many questions. He explained the responsibilities for all positions within the store and told me about the company initiatives and gave his experience moving up in the company.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I was unhappy with my current job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (Katy, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was quick and short. The manager told me that the job hours are based upon performance so my hours could go from full time to part time. Since I have a mortgage and car payment I let her know that I was not interested.

Interview Questions

• Can you work where your hours may change based upon your sales and signing up rewards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (Casper, WY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had online interview she asked about 45 questions that was that Nate said they would contact me soon and it's been 2 1/2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything

Interview Questions

• How I helped somebody at my previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Received call from store manager to come in for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and typical questions for retail management. Store Manager called me right after interview to set up next interview with DM. That interview was very typical, as well. Both interviewers were great. I was told by the DM that I would get a phone call within the next week to let me know of their decision. The store manager offered me the position, but unfortunately their pay is very out of range for what I was looking for. Their pay is actually worse than I have ever seen in retail management.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Famous Footwear.

Interview

The whole process took about a week and half from application to hire. The interview was very non formal and fun. Don't worry about it if you've interview before you'll be totally fine 😀.

Also you don't have to be a shoe guru, you just have to be teachable and social 😉

Interview Questions

• Have you ever shopped here and how could your experience have been better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (Edinburgh, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks for the interview process. I had a face-to-face interview with the store manager and a second phone interview with a store manager from another store. They were rly nice and were excited for me to be there.

Interview Questions

• No question was rly hard. Basically just work experience and what I felt comfortable with and how I would mesh with the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a couple dollars more than I expected so I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Famous Footwear (Algonquin, IL).

Interview

Very low key. Interview was done in the stock room/office with the store manager and one other manager.
    Started off the interview with the typical, tell me about yourself...there was a lot of laughing, especially when they asked me to sell them a pen. The whole interview lasted between 45-60 minutes. I left feeling very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself and your last job experience.
      Have you ever had to deal with an upset customer?
      How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?
      How do you handle possible shoplifting situations?
      Can you sell me this pen?
      How can a company build loyalty with its consumer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a decent starting wage, just slightly higher than minimum wage at the time until the position I applied for was open. I countered with a higher wage die to my many years of management experience and ended up getting something inbetween.