Fandango Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

Digital Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandango (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

My resume was reviewed and I received an email requesting a phone interview. After the phone interview came an on-site interview. The process took two (2) weeks. I interviewed at Fandango (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016. All in all, the hiring and interview process went great!

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I would apply online and did not get a response. I actually knew someone on the inside who was able to submit my resume directly. I am indebted to my friend. First, I had a phone interview with the VP, who was very nice. Then I had another interview where we chit chatted in person. After that he passed my resume to HR who then interviewed over the phone. After HR, I had a major interview day with the heads of many departments. It was an amazing experience, and I had the opportunity to meet with many people of like mind.

Interview Questions

• If you could start tomorrow, what would you do to hit the ground running?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me to gauge interest in a manager position. We set up time to talk about the position, but he missed our call. I emailed and was understanding about his meetings going long, so we rescheduled. He missed it again without any notice.

I decided to leave it at that and did not pursue any further.

Interview Questions

• Never got this far since they were not being mindful of my time.   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fandango (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Three phone screens, only one was technical. Invited in to meet the team and go through a half day panel interview. Team members were as diverse as white males get. Few technical questions, more personal. Odd questions about hobbies, firearms, and family. Did not feel like a professional company. I had to follow up with the recruiter a few days later only to be told I aced it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone call interview spoke to me for about one hour about my background and skills and after that called me on site for an in person interview. The in person interview lasted for three hours met with senior management and the team and discussed opportunities for the business my background and skills and how I could help make the business move forward

Database Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I've applied for multiple roles online and get an email from a recruiter requesting to speak about an unspecified role. It takes no fewer than four emails and a phone message to get a response in setting up a time. The recruiter lost my messages apparently and thanked me for touching base.

The phone interview was late by more than 10 minutes. I send an quick email inquiring if there had been an unexpected conflict or delay. The recruiter either misdialed or misplaced my phone number. A couple minutes after I send him an email with my phone number, we finally begin.

The interview itself is mostly conversational. Nothing special. The one thing of note was that we were speaking about only one of my positions, a bit peculiar given that I have fifteen years worth of experience in Marketing and Data Analytics, the vast majority would be highly relevant to the business.

It is only then that I find out that the position I am being interviewed for is a rather junior level marketing coordinator.

Given that this is my first interaction with the company, I strike up the conversation on how it is that I hear for such an entry level position when my skills and experience should align with something a bit more senior. That I'm willing to work my way up, but curious how I don't hear from the one

"Well, you just started working in 2011." As though I was trying to advance too quickly.

It turns out that he only had one page of my resume and insisted quite vehemently that was all that was in the system. He even noted that he thought it was a bit strange that my summary mentioned over 14 years of experience and only having two positions going back 5 years with no mention of education or skills.

He doesn't have interest in discussing the roles that are not on the resume and says if I send my complete resume he'll pass it along. I give it in good humor, figuring there is nothing to lose. In under 24 hours, I get the generic rejection letter.

I went back into the Taleo system that Fandango, along with NBC and Universal use for their recruitment to see if there had been a possible glitch that would explain the one page resume situation.. My resume presented as complete. In the separate tables for education and experience had everything going back to 2001. There was no excuse for how this gentleman had only one page from a system side.

Whether it is poor technical training or a lack of attention at play, this is problematic. That so many communication snafus occurred for a single role and being told that my background was being judged less than half of a career makes me wonder what kind of talent the company is losing out on through carelessness.

From a job hunter perspective it is unprofessional, particularly coming from a marketing background where image is important.

Content Curator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandango (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On the phone the HR rep said it was a contract position, but that I'd have all the benefits of the full time employees like going to company events and getting days off....but that was a complete lie and never panned out for the next 1.2 years.

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked about the recent challenges I faced at my work, and how I managed to resolve them. I also talked about the importance of software unit testing and TDD, and how I managed to convert my team into a full TDD shop. At the end, I was asked to do a simple CSS and jQuery exercise that was quite fun. I was glad I still remember my jQuery in spite of switching to Angular a while back!

I was very impressed with the Fandago team, and at the end I accepted their offer in spite of receiving several higher offers elsewhere. I like their software development philosophy and the fact that they seem a lot more organized than the other organizations I interviewed at.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of Test Driven Development?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a 20-minute screener with the recruiter and was immediately asked to be brought on-site. Met with about 5 people for 20-minute individual interviews. Interviews were very standard - they asked about my experience, interests, goals, and then explained the role and opened the floor for questions. I was basically told that based on my experience, I would find this job boring and it concerned them. Upon leaving, I was given a copywriter test that I completed. I received a phone call from the recruiter two weeks alter with a message to return a call. I tried to call back a few times, with no luck. Obviously, I was not awarded the job, but at least an e-mail would have been nice.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone call with their recruiter then met with the manager and the team members. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks since they were waiting on reference checks.