Fantastic Sams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fantastic Sams

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online (indeed) was called almost immediately. The woman I have been speaking with is lovely. Phone interview then in person. Easy process. Nothing unusual. Usual question for a salon

Interview Questions

• Why this company? Why this industry? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Henderson, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed and hired. Manager is friendly. We talked about hairstylist job. I didn't do demo . They pay hourly. I only work on Saturday and Sunday .I started to work the week after.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed and hired. My work had been previously tracked so was aware of my capabilities. I was asked to do a haircut. I was hired and jumped right in. I enjoy my work environment. Team players..

Interview Questions

• How long it took for a haircut and color services.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Livonia, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview . I was then told to go schedule for a class with the company. I was thrilled that I was going to have free education. The owner also had me schedule a technical. He wasn't there when I started. The workers ignored me until I was done then one of them said it looked awesome. The owner then said I should shadow for free for five days and then he'd let me know if I had the job. Also if I have the pasion I'd do it or I may as well just be a cashier. It was awful.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to shadow for five days without pay?   3 Answers

Hairstylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams.

Interview

Interviewed within days of calling, hired in that week. Very easy, did a practical which the manager was very good with. the way she appoached constructive critism was motivating, not only did she point out what i needed help with, shes the one that taught me and encouraged me! I miss it there everyday.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with perms and other chemical proccess.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Interview

quick required hands on performance and verbal experiences given . Perform a haircut on a maniquin, customer service experience can be shared here, and work schedules they are looking for as well as hours and benefits will be shared.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been doing hair? Where have you worked? What do you need help on doing service for? what is your availability? where do you live?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shawano, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Shawano, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

There really wasn't an interview process. I came in, filled an application and basically was hired on the spot because i was "cute" I am fresh out of beauty school so it was odd to me that they didn't require me to come in and do any type of haircut or anything. I think they were in a hurry to just open the salon doors and get cash flowing.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working saturdays?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Casual. Interviewing manager was very negative about other employees, including the general manager. She told me a lot about what was going on instead of asking questions. Offered me a manager position at a different location.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams (Palm Coast, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email follow-up within days, originally scheduled a phone interview but they emailed and asked if i could come in instead for an interview. After she talked about the salon and what they were looking for she asked if i had any questions and offered me the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What is something you enjoy? Is there a service that is your favorite? Do you have any struggles?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fantastic Sams.

Interview

submitted application and received a call back the next week. Had scheduled an interview for a few days later, after interview we scheduled a second technical interview. Had a female and male model come in to show skills. Was hired after second interview.