Fantasy Flight Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fantasy Flight Games Interview Questions

Interviews at Fantasy Flight Games

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantasy Flight Games (Roseville, MN).

Interview

Most job openings are posted online. Management reviews resumes. A few selected applicants will be flown in for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base salary is take it or leave it.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantasy Flight Games (Roseville, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I briefly met with the manager of the sales them at the Event Center and was invited to sit at his office, which was a corner of the dining area in general. I felt very overdressed as I came in with a a business professional and tie while he wore a hoodie and cargo shorts. I suppose I should have known better as a long time customer. After a few brief questions such as my experience and history, the most important thing he stressed as an employee was the ability to take their own initative and handle things. The manager insists that he hates micromanaging employees to do things such as cleaning and would like for those in this position to be able to handle things without his supervision.

Interview Questions

• How many of our products are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fantasy Flight Games.

Interview

I felt that the interview went really well. I had to demonstrate a game for my interview and then they asked the standard generic questions, just to see if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• I felt really comfortable with my interview. I didn't feel that anything caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Associate Game Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fantasy Flight Games (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Sent application in late June, but wasn't interviewed until August. Began with a phone interview and a very complicated and long test where I was supposed to develop a schedule for developing a game. Was flown out to Minneapolis for the in-person interview.

Was shown around the office, interviewed by a few different people. Had a very, very tough time with the main interview with the CEO (see below)

Interview Questions

• "Why did you insist on using the singular 'they' in your development schedule?"   1 Answer

Associate Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fantasy Flight Games (Roseville, MN).

Interview

The process consisted of some email correspondence, a phone interview with some typical questions, a writing/layout test where I submitted the rules to paper - rock - scissors and finally a face to face interview. I was flown out to interview. While there, I was able to meet and converse with other designers as well as take part in another associate's game night.

Interview Questions

• The most important part of the interview I feel is finding out if your attitude meshes with the existing culture. If it does not, don't bother since it will not create a good work atmosphere.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was fixed and with no previous experience, I accepted it.

Organized Play Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fantasy Flight Games.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen, followed by a phone interview with HR who told me to expect a follow-up within a few days. They never did and the post was delisted with nary a letter from HR. This is the second time that FFG has "ghosted" me after an interview and it generally speaks poorly of their Human Relations Department that they can't even manage to communicate with the applicants they engage with.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would be appropriate for this position?   Answer Question