Fantasy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fantasy Interview Questions

2.3

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fantasy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through linkedin, they emailed me back in a week to set up a call. After the call they setup another call with a Director. They emailed me later that day to setup an in person interview when I came in a meet with the ux director. Then they offered me the job several days later.

Freelance Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fantasy (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Very usual. I had a call with Claudio Guglieri and David Martin. We had a Skype call about 30 minutes length. Just be honest and let them realise who you are.

Interview Questions

• They ask what you do, why you do it and what you would like to to at Fantasy. They may ask you to explain one or two projects from your portfolio more deeply.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fantasy (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied to Fi on a whim and didn't receive a call for quite a long time. I was surprised to hear from them so much later but glad they called. After an initial chat we set up a separate call from a different person later in the week. The questions were simple, straightforward, more of a get-to-know-you feeling rather than the usual interview questions.
    After the calls we set up an in-person interview. I was seated in a conference room, office was warm and music was inviting. My interviewer and I really clicked and ended up chatting for over an hour. I never felt any pressure/stress to answer questions 'correctly', again it was more of a 'do you fit with the office atmosphere' rather than a 'what can you do for us' discussion.
    I got a call a day or two later saying they'd narrowed it down and I was still 'in the running' for the job. About a week later I received an offer over the phone and they sent an offer letter through email.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not difficult, the interviewers are people like you- designers, producers, PR people- and they want to know more about you as a person because if you've secured an interview they've basically decided they respect your portfolio work enough to hire you, but they want to check out how you'd be as a coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was offered more than the original amount intended for the job. Vacation days and benefits were as good as anywhere.

User Experience Interview

Interview

After applying online, I got a response from HR to schedule a phone interview, which then led to a design test that I submitted in a day or two. I had another Skype interview to go over the role and the design test with the Director of UX and Strategy, a designer, and a developer. A few more emails and calls later, I was offered a job. The process was very efficient, and HR was easy to contact with any additional questions I had.