FastSigns Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2018

2.4

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FastSigns (Plano, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

This process was about a week long. I got a call to come in and interview with the "manager" that interview was about an hour long. A day later I got a call from the manager and asking if I could come in speak with the owner. When I went in the owner wasn't there. I had to come back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pin, what are your weaknesses, how do you feel about following up with people who told you no once before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate what you think you are worth! I didn't do this at all and I should have! You have room to ask for more money and other things that might be important to you. Like toll tags if you are driving far

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. In person interview. No questions asked they just talked about the position and offered me the job. I have more sales experience than others so they just offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Walk in the door. You are not greeted and people are overall confused why you are there. You are then taken to a very tiny room, and pass through the production area. In a crammed, small, space you might get a chair to sit on. No one is in business causal or professional clothes. It will be awkward and you will walk yourself out.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied to the position online. After about a week I was contacted and had a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I spoke with the manager and asked questions about the position and it was a typical interview to see if I was a good match for the position.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FastSigns (Carrollton, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a panel on site interview with dev manager and several team members, though it was very layed back and low preassure. The turnaround time was very fast and I started the job the next week since I was unemployed.

Interview Questions

• Asked several OOAD questions gauging understanding of basic n-tiered architecture.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (Culver City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for a few minutes before the owner needed to go to a site survey in my neighborhood, which i proceeded to meet them there to discuss the position. A week or two later, I had a phone interview with the co-owner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FastSigns (Galveston, TX).

Interview

The only way you'll get this job for sure is that you have to be an expert at both photoshop and Illustrator. My experience at this interview I was good a photoshop but not at illustrator. I think that's why I didn't get an offer. They make you do two simple signs and you have to be very fast.

Interview Questions

• I'm looking for someone to commit to this job and not leave, will you be committed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FastSigns (Fresno, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was the owner, his wife and the lead designer in the room interviewing me in the small break room. It's never great to have three people on one when they are already nervous.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FastSigns.

Interview

It was about a 45 minute interview, with questions about my résumé and knowledge of substrates and software. I was asked questions and different scenarios and how I would handle them. I was then called back for a working interview to check my skills and see how I would work with the current team. It was a good experience, very organized and detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was based off of what I earned at my previous position at a different FASTSIGNS. After your review period, you should ask for a higher hourly wage if you have performed well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FastSigns (Dearborn, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Quite possibly the biggest waste of time in my professional career. This was roughly 4 years ago, so things very well may have changed but it still has a lasting impression. Arrived for my interview with all necessary information, resume, portfolio, etc. The manager who set up the meeting was surprised I was there because he had forgotten he set up an interview, so the first 20 minutes was spent filling out general paperwork which I had already done before coming in, but he said it never went through. Wait around after that a little more, and his entire test was something that still irritates me to this day - it was something so insignificant that I just didn't happen to do the way he wanted me to do so he abruptly said "ok well I think that about does it." And ended the interview. It was something in Illustrator that there was options A, B, and C to do the same exact thing and get the same outcome, but I did it the B way and he was looking for A. So after ending it he dismissed me as being incompetent and unprepared because his entire analysis of me was one minor Illustrator command. Perhaps I dodged a bullet not getting the job, but this is all I'll ever remember about the interview process at this company.

Interview Questions

• I asked more questions than the interviewer, he was not interested in my background or what I offer.   Answer Question