FastSigns Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FastSigns Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2018

2.4

Graphic Designer to Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FastSigns in January 2018.

Interview

I met with the franchise owner. He told me a bit about the location and the company and we discussed my experiences/resume. Throughout the interview the owner started to lean towards wanting to fill an inside sales position rather than graphic design, which is what I was applying for. Due to this, when they called back a week later I declined.

Graphic Designer/Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Long and very vague process. Worked 3 days with no pay for "test." They kept asking for most amount of hours I could volunteer on daily basis. Even worked 1 days with another candidate for the position. Awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FastSigns (Galveston, TX).

Interview

The only way you'll get this job for sure is that you have to be an expert at both photoshop and Illustrator. My experience at this interview I was good a photoshop but not at illustrator. I think that's why I didn't get an offer. They make you do two simple signs and you have to be very fast.

Interview Questions

• I'm looking for someone to commit to this job and not leave, will you be committed?   Answer Question

Interview

Walk in the door. You are not greeted and people are overall confused why you are there. You are then taken to a very tiny room, and pass through the production area. In a crammed, small, space you might get a chair to sit on. No one is in business causal or professional clothes. It will be awkward and you will walk yourself out.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. In person interview. No questions asked they just talked about the position and offered me the job. I have more sales experience than others so they just offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview process is minimal. I have years of experience, so the interview flew by. The thing we disagreed on the most was the pay. In the end both of us compromised. I am very happy with the job. I just wish I could justify working there and not be properly compensated for my skills.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FastSigns.

Interview

It was about a 45 minute interview, with questions about my résumé and knowledge of substrates and software. I was asked questions and different scenarios and how I would handle them. I was then called back for a working interview to check my skills and see how I would work with the current team. It was a good experience, very organized and detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was based off of what I earned at my previous position at a different FASTSIGNS. After your review period, you should ask for a higher hourly wage if you have performed well.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FastSigns (Fresno, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was the owner, his wife and the lead designer in the room interviewing me in the small break room. It's never great to have three people on one when they are already nervous.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer

Graphic Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (Pasadena, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewer went over the resume and asked questions about pertinent qualifications. He discussed what was needed to be successful in the position. He asked me for my salary requirements. He showed me the equipment I would need to use. It was about a half hour interview. I wasn't immediately told who I would be interviewing with so there was some confusion, but it was easily resolved.

Graphic Design/Pre-Press/Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FastSigns (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very fast. I applied online, then went to their location for an interview and an Illustrator test. Had to do a personality survey the next day and then followed up with them on the next about salary requirements. They were firm at $12 an hour, which is an asinine wage for Graphic Design, not to mention all the other job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my background/experience. "What did you do when you were at ____ ... ?"   Answer Question