Fastly Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 94 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Fastly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastly

Interview

Long. 6 rounds total for me from initial phone screen to last round. Hiring manager, director, panel, presentation, follow up call with hiring manager. Long process but worth in the end.

Interview Questions
  • Personality as well as situational (tell me about a time when). Presentation was a mock business review.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fastly (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

The recruiter reached out. Telephone screen. 8 Rounds of interviews. 45-1 hour each. 1 Hiring Manager, 2 Product Managers, three to four Techincal Rounds, and 1 Behavior Round. There is also a bar raiser in the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Fastly~814479
Join the conversation on

Fastly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastly in Dec 2021

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter requesting for my availability with a link to book a slot My link was expired. I replied the recruiter requesting for another link. He never got back. I sent a follow up a week later with no reply

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Fastly (New York, NY)

Interview

Unprofessional interview process, probably gives insight into how this company is currently run. Recruiting coordinator and recruiter ignored countless follow-ups, would send invites without the interviewer added and then abruptly cancel those invites only to send new invites with the same mistakes present. The recruiter and recruiting coordinator also scheduled interviews for times where availability was not provided.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Fastly

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fastly in Nov 2021

Interview

4 interviews, on the last interview I found out a deal breaking attribute to the role, the company is 99% Mac. Had they put this on the job posting, or mentioned it in the initial screening I would have never applied. Aside wasting my time the hiring manager, as well as the recruiter were rude and didn't respond to emails asking details of the position. Would not recommend if this is a taste of the companies overall culture and demeanor.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions regarding an identity provider called OKTA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fastly (Hoover, AL) in Aug 2021

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very professional, remote, and quick. I was extremely impressed with how they approached each step, the amount of follow-up I received, and the friendly culture of the team. Even though I was not selected, I was very impressed with how Fastly treats its candidates and with the friendliness of its staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fastly

Application

I interviewed at Fastly

Interview

Took a test. Asked about web technologies: cache control headers, HTTP, DNS, coding languages, ticketing systems, past experiences supporting customers. Was quite a long process as they also wanted to know if you were a good fit into their culture and team

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fastly

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fastly in Jun 2021

Interview

Fastly's HR recruitment team is the best I had ever worked with. I was working with Cameron (a Staff Recruiter) who was my point of contact during the whole process. His replies were immediate, any updates were promptly communicated, and not for a single moment did I feel out of the loop or forgotten about. The rest of the HR team was on point as well. The process: 1. Phone screen 2. Hiring manager interview 3. Technical interview 4. Onsite (Zoom) - 4x "one on one" 1hr interviews Even though I did not receive an offer at the end, the experience was extremely positive. All of the interviewers were very smart, professional, and overall - nice people. Thank you for the consideration Fastly and the best of luck ahead!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Fastly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fastly in Jun 2021

Interview

- Called for an interview 15 days after applying - The interviewee was very nice ,reactive and open to questions - Dress code was casual - The interview was cut short because they weren't sponsoring at the time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fastly

Application

I interviewed at Fastly

Interview

The head hunter asked me many questions including my language skills and then I went to the first interview. However, seems the interviewer didn’t know that I’ve already explained my language skill to the head hunter and they wanted to hire someone native and had experience working in the market. She quickly declined me. It’s a bit waste of my time and roller coaster to me as if they are only looking for native speakers, they could be more clear about it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews

Fastly Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Fastly as 45.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Support Engineer and Marketing Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Fastly takes an average of 30 days when considering 82 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Account Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Fastly according to 82 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.81%