Figma Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

Recruiter13%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Figma

Application

I interviewed at Figma

Interview

Phone screen, managers chat and a few rounds with subject matter experts. All in all it was a fine process but took a long time. People were pleasant but the process could be improved.

Interview Questions
  • What has you interested in Figma?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I interviewed at Figma (Novato, CA)

Interview

Invited to interview. Initial interview with Recruiter was awkward. She had zero personality, and my initial Company impression was immediately negative. Best described as zero enthusiasm for doing the call. Was later rejected via generic systematic e-mail. As someone as hardworking as me, and who always puts best foot forward it is disappointing to see processes allowed to run when the decision maker seems to not care. Leads to wonder about things like age discrimination, and more. I guess better to be rejected in this case.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Figma

Join the conversation on

Tech

207K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Figma~1537286
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Figma (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

Recruiter phone screen - 30 min Hiring manager screen - 30 min MASSIVE PROJECT - supposed to take 1-2 hours. Took me 1.5 days of brainstorming, researching, and writing, 30 min presentation of said project in Figma tools - took several hours as someone not familiar with tools - followed by 2 hours of one:one interviews with hiring team The process took about 3 weeks start to finish. I spent an inordinate amount of time preparing the assignment and then prepping the presentation. The expectation about 1-2 hours was seriously off base and IMO, unfair. I showed it to a few friends and they all agreed it was no way that quick of an assignment. There were literally 15 things listed to consider/discuss in the 2 separate parts of the project required. I was really bummed to not receive an offer after putting in so much time and energy. No feedback provided as to why.

Interview Questions
  • Questions you'd expect in screens - general questions related to experience and how it might apply to Figma role. Rather atypical questions in the panel interview. This was Figma for Education specifically. How is education going to change in the next 5 years? Why should educators care about Figma? How can we build up "Figma hero" educators? How to build relationships with educator users? Pie in the sky idea for an event you'd throw?
3 people found this interview helpful

Figma

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Figma

Interview

The person I spoke with did not reference or read my cover letter or resume. Asked me how I heard about the company and what my experience entailed per my linkedin profile. Being in sales, I cannot imagine not knowing what deal I was heading into without doing due dilligence into a call. Why even ask for resources if you won't utilize them? She was unexcited about the company and honestly gave me a completely different perception/vibe of Figma that I thought was going to be fun/creative/innovative. Shocked that this was the person the Org has chosen to represent the first interaction with their team... but she was new(ish) I guess. No thanks

Interview Questions
  • can you tell me about your prior experience? what do you attribute to your success to in your previous roles

Figma

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Figma in Mar 2022

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter about Figma, next step was speaking to the hiring manager and finally a technical phone screen. During the phone screen, I got to a working solution and with ten minutes to spare re-wrote a lot of the solution to be more optimal. After completing the phone screen, I was notified they went with another candidate with no explanation.

Interview Questions
  • class Layer: def __init__(self, id, properties): self.id = id self.properties = properties class Document: # Setup the initial document and all necessary data structures. def __init__(self, layers): # fill me in! def layer_by_id(self, id): # fill me in! def apply(self, id, property, value): # fill me in! def undo(self): # fill me in! def assert_property_equals(document, layer_id, property, expected): actual = document.layer_by_id(layer_id).properties[property] assert actual == expected, "Expected layer {}'s {} to be: {}, but received {}.".format(layer_id, property, expected, actual) def test_apply_and_undo(): document = Document([ Layer('a', { 'color': 'red' }), Layer('b', { 'shape': 'triangle' }), ]) document.apply('a', 'color', 'green') document.apply('b', 'shape', 'square') document.apply('a', 'color', 'blue') document.undo() assert_property_equals(document, 'a', 'color', 'green') assert_property_equals(document, 'b', 'shape', 'square') document.apply('a', 'color', 'purple') assert_property_equals(document, 'a', 'color', 'purple') assert_property_equals(document, 'b', 'shape', 'square') document.undo() assert_property_equals(document, 'a', 'color', 'green') assert_property_equals(document, 'b', 'shape', 'square') document.undo() assert_property_equals(document, 'a', 'color', 'green') assert_property_equals(document, 'b', 'shape', 'triangle') document.undo() assert_property_equals(document, 'a', 'color', 'red') assert_property_equals(document, 'b', 'shape', 'triangle') print("Running the tests..") test_apply_and_undo() print("Tests succeeded!")

Anonymous Employee in Berlin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Figma (Berlin) in Feb 2022

Interview

Das Bewerbungs erfahren besteht aus mehreren Etappen. Nach einem ersten telefonischen Screening mit der Recruiterin wird man sehr gut durch den Prozess begleitet. Die erste Runde ist ein 1hr Gespräch mit der Hiring Managerin (Fokus auf Erfahrung und Skillset sowie Value-Fit zu Figma). Anschließend finden 2 Interviews mit erfahrenen Teammitgliedern statt. Die dritte Runde ist ein Sales Pitch inkl. Produktdemo von Figma. Abschließend findet die letzte Runde, ein Gespräch mit dem VP Sales EMEA statt.

Interview Questions
  • Welcher von Figma's Werten passt am meisten zu dir und warum?

Anonymous Employee in Berlin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Figma (Berlin) in Feb 2022

Interview

Bewerbungsprozess insgesamt sehr gut. Etwas länger als durchschnittlich mit anderen Firmen. Allerdings nicht negativ zu bewerten, da Figma großen Wert auf Cultural fit und Produktverständnis legt. Gab mir die Möglichkeit die Vertriebskultur und das Produkt wirklich gut zu verstehen, bevor es überhaupt zu einer Entscheidung kam. Meiner Meinung nach sollten so Bewerbungsgespräche stattfinden. Darüber hinaus waren alle Kontakte überaus respektvoll und besaßen überdurchschnittlich gutes wissen über das Produkt. Zunächst liegt der Fokus auf dem Cultural fit. Später wurde ich auch gebeten eine Produktdemo durchzuführen. Danach wurde schnell ein Angebot gemacht. Vorschlag deshalb trust the process und die Möglichkeit nutzen mit den verschiedenen internen Stakeholders zu reden, um sich so ein besseres Bild der Firma machen zu können.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Figma

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Figma in Jan 2022

Interview

Schneller, gut strukturierter Prozess. Gute Vorbereitung zu den einzelnen Steps und detailliertes Feedback nach Gesprächen Alle im Prozess beteiligten Personen äußerst freundlich und kompetent. Die Fragen in den einzelnen Steps sind gut aufeinander abgestimmt. Im Rahmen der Aufgaben bekommt man einen sehr guten Einblick in das Produkt, was wichtig ist für die eigene Entscheidung.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Figma

Application

I interviewed at Figma

Interview

The process started with the recruiter. She set a great tone speaking about the company and team. We had a great and natural conversation about the company, solution, and role. I was really excited to make it to the next round! The second round with the manager of one of the teams was HORRIBLE. 10 minutes late and had to drop early for a call after. She had a bad attitude and did not prepare or read my resume prior to our call. She was typing in the background throughout our conversation. She did not try to get to know me by the way she asked and answered questions. Her main goal was to quiz me about her company and when I asked questions she expected me to know them. Interviewing is a 2-way street and both parties should prepare and if additional preparation is required the interviewee should be made aware. I ran after that and did not follow up

Interview Questions
  • Who were you referred by? Which recruiter did you speak with? Why Figma? Who are our top competitors? Did you sign up for a free trial? What feature did you like the best? Why? What else?
4 people found this interview helpful

Figma

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Figma

Interview

Started with a screen with HR/sourcer, then a hiring manager screen, and then a role play and one-on-one conversations with potential peers on the team. Everyone was very warm and great to speak with! They all had pretty strong feedback for me and seemed to express that I'd be moving forward to the final stages. However, after a few days since my last interview, I received a generic email message from the recruiter saying that I was no longer being considered for the role. When I responded asking for some feedback to improve, I didn't receive any response.

Interview Questions
  • Why Figma? Sales process, prioritization and organization of accounts. Standard sales questions.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Interviews

Figma Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Figma as 53.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.20 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Account Manager and SWE Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Figma takes an average of 25 days when considering 47 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 44 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Figma according to 47 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.19%