Filtration Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Filtration Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Filtration Group (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

3 weeks to schedule the face to face after the phone screen. Drove to Milwaukee only to find the recruiter gave me and three other candidates eastern time zone interview times, in the central time zone. This made us all an hour late to our interview. Which half of my interview was spent with the manager calling the other candidates to reschedule. I drove to Milwaukee for a 15 minute conversation that was slated for an hour. Then, it took them almost two months to respond to my follow up emails, questioning my status in the interview process.

I interviewed with Porex, a Filtration Group Company. Porex 'cuse for a hiring process is more like it. Don't wast your time.

Field Service and Sales Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Filtration Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The initial conversation/interview with the non HR manager person was fine. This was in May (going by email date. Probably earlier). This carrot dangle session went on for two months. Every interview she scheduled after that didn't happen for one reason or another. And I was stupid enough to reschedule my life around it and study for the position. Even drove back from a family members funeral to catch an interview that didn't happen. Calls and email where rarely met. This was due to she was busy. Which is understandable. Yeah after that I went on with life. Till she called again and said so and so would contact me again on the next day. Never happened I. I left a call and email asking what's going on. I got a call from her later on (didn't know I left a message), letting me know they're moving on to other more qualified candidates. And it wasn't her decision. I was actually grateful, because I read the reviews on the company.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything specific due to length of time. Just casual talk and asking me if I'm fine with travel etc.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Filtration Group in June 2016.

Interview

Was initially contacted through email after applying for the job on Dice. There was no initial phone interview. My first interview was on site. I met with the lead developers and then met later that week on site with the project manager. The first interview was about an hour and a half. Nothing really technical, although I did present them with ideas about the site. The second interview was more of a meet and greet to see if I would be a good fit for the team. Nothing technical this interview. Finally, I had to have a phone interview with the decision maker out of the NY office. He was really nice and gave me a great impression of the company. Nothing technical. Just an opportunity to talk and ask some questions.

Interview Questions

In the end, I didn't take the offer. But it wasn't about the money (which was actually great, the offer amount was unexpected). It was mostly about the learning opportunities and another position being a better fit for my future career goals.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Filtration Group (Joliet, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

A member of the HR team reached out to me for an initial phone screen and after the interview stated I would certainly be contacted within several days one way or the other. The date range came and went without hearing anything. I soon followed up to get the conversation going once again. I didn't hear anything back; however, within a few days, I was contacted by a non-HR staff member to set up an interview at their Joliet office. The interview was set up for a week later, which was actually nice since I was coming from Missouri. The interview consisted of meeting with a few HR and non-HR employees, and in total lasted 4+ hours. Thank you notes were sent out to those involved soon after. After not hearning back for a few weeks, I reiterated my interest in the opportunity. To this day, I still haven't been given the common courtesy of an update. Most of the interviewers painted a picture of the organiztion being a bit hectic, thus the poor/slow follow-up isn't exactly surprising. Their lack of an HR system also probably hurts their ability to reach out to applicants. To this day, I don't believe the position has been filled. This seems to be a cultural problem considering there is another review stating the long process isn't exactly attractive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about your professional background and one thing that you learned while at each job you've held?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Filtration Group.

Interview

Interview process was maybe 1-2 months total. I sat with a panel of 4-5 ppl. You will not be able to tour the facility because it's propieritary, but will have samples of their products for you to review. Show that you can work in a manufacturing facility (i.e. don't mind getting your hands dirty if required, you can wear multiple hats b/c you will have to do such, that you are capable of working without a lot of assistance b/c no training is provided unless you're on the floor working. Have a positive attitude and show confidence mainly.

Interview Questions

• Name one of your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Filtration Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone screen in February and face-to-face meeting in March, I was told they are still interviewing prospects. I elected to remove myself from consideration because I view the extended period it took this company to reach “any” hiring decision as emblematic of their corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were unsuccessful?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairburn, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Filtration Group (Fairburn, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions. All behavioral/situational questions - you won't cover anything technical. Be prepared to go over your resume and previous experience, if any. It helps if you've had experience in manufacturing. It is important to show that you are capable of working with others and that you are self-motivated. Very laid back interview process. If you're lucky, you'll get a tour of the facilities.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Filtration Group (Des Plaines, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty extensive interview process. Met with quite a few different branch heads and toured the facility. After being shown everything that would fall under my responsibility, I had a better idea of what to expect. Of course, there is always more. After the interview process, the hiring process was pretty smooth