Finsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finsbury Interview Questions

Interviews at Finsbury

3.2

Associate Interview

Interview

I had a half hour interview with a senior associate and then another half hour with a superior. Both explained what the company does and then asked me questions about my self and then questions about my professional interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Finsbury (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I reached out via email about their internship program. They were communicative and nice throughout the process, although they took 3 weeks to get back to me after the interview letting me know they weren't moving forward with my application. The interview was comprehensive but not too hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finsbury (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through my university system and was contacted for an interview. I thought the interview went well and received a reply to my thank you email. Two weeks later I hadn't heard anything and followed up with the HR person. I wrote a second time another week later and I have never heard anything ever again. I understand they can't contact everyone who applies, but it seems like they ought to have been able to say something to me given that I interviewed face to face with two of their employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of how Facebook responded to its platform's role in the 2016 election?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Finsbury (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Resume submitted and contacted a few weeks later. Phone interview held and follow-up email with a written assignment sent. After written assignment finished, took several weeks for an offer to be made.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in PR? What are some things that you have done that will help you succeed as an intern?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Finsbury (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The first step of the interview went well. I met with members of the Talent Acquisition Team. After the initial interview, I was asked to complete a writing assessment. After spending time and energy to produce a good paper, no one gave me a final answer on this assessment. I find it quite disrespectful, considering the commitment put to make a substantial paper. I sent a follow-up email two weeks later. The reply I got was that my assessment was still being reviewed. 10 days later, I sent another email that was left unanswered.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finsbury.

Interview

After the initial round of applications, they sent out a 2-3 hour writing exam. I participated in the exam, but the company did not have the courtesy to alert me that they were not moving ahead with the application. I was not really expecting to get the position so I was not all that upset, but it was in really poor taste not to give me any notification even after I had spent a large chunk of time on a written test.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I had two rounds of in-person interviews (with six people total across various levels). I was also given a week to complete a take-home research and writing test (a company backgrounder).

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Multiple stage process:

Stage 1 - Interview with a partner and some associates.
    Stage 2 - Interview with more partners and associates, 3 hour written test.
    Stage 3 - Interview with more partners and associates.

It was a very legnthy process where you have to meet virtually everyone before you start. Good to know who you could be working with, bad becuase you don't know who you're going to get and when - by the time you're finished you're more frustrated and anxious than when you start. You definately need to do your homework beforehand - look at the company's performance, research its clients and who's worked on what to get the most fromthe 1:1 element.

The written test comprised 4 sections - analysis of a company's balance sheet and performance over time, data analysis, proof reading, reading about 15 press articles and summarising all of them for senior management, coming up with a strategy for a company in the press.

Interview Questions

• Usual stuff:

Strengths and weaknesses
      Tell us a time you've messed up in a job/at university before - how did you handle it
      Are you prepared for the crazy hours here
      Tell us about your studies at university
      What do you do in your spare time
      Why us/what other firms have you looked at
      What story in the press has grabbed your attention recently and why; what would you have done differently
      How do you read the news and keep up to date with financial press
      What do you udnerstand by the term "Financial PR"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Finsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Weird, pretentious, unaccommodating. I went through the process because of the reputation of the company. Seems like relatively "high-profile" work. But you're not exactly compensated well and the hours and stress appears very high - basically not worth it. The employees I met - and I had to have met nearly a dozen in the process - were complete knobs and I wouldn't have gone near the company with a bargepole.

Interview Questions

• Number of panel interviews on the same day - questions were pretty normal bog standard career questions and how they fit for the role, added in some softball outside the box questions like if you had a 100 million what would you do? It was just long, drawn out and quite difficult because I wanted to leave after the first 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Finsbury (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

I applied online and it took 2-3 weeks for an interview. They are very helpful in scheduling Then I was invited to complete online test (translation and media analysis ) . Haven't heard from their HR so far

Interview Questions

• Talk about a current affair , and how would you handle this kind of crisis   Answer Question