First Annapolis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Annapolis

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Annapolis.

Interview

First round was on campus consisting of 2 30 minute interviews lots of finance questions and walking them through the resume. 4 interviews on a superday during the 2nd round at their office in Annapolis. The 2nd round is basically the same as the first round just longer. I was shocked there was no case in the second round just more finance questions and tell me about yourself and a time when X happened.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      Walk me through a DCF?
      What is Beta?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Annapolis, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I enjoyed every aspect of the interview process: from the welcoming people at FAC to the challenging interview questions. I first interviewed on campus with two employees and was invited to a super day at their offices in Annapolis. The super day consisted of five interviews - ranging from behavioral to case study questions to an informal lunch. The process was smooth yet challenging at the same time and I had an amazing experience

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Annapolis, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Very fair interview process. Starts with an on campus interview and then a super day. The super day has a few case interviews. Good to be prepared with questions.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Annapolis, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview on-campus followed by interviews with different staff members in the office. Interview with partners and peers during lunch. During the interview, you are also asked behavioral questions to demonstrate leadership abilities and ability to do research and data anlaysis. After the interview process, you are provided with the opportunity to visit the office and meet more members of the team. You will have the ability to ask questions about the culture of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Annapolis, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, then went for an on-site in person. Interviewers asked some case study type questions, but nothing as in depth that you'll see in books such as Case in Point. Also asked a few math questions, such as 1.1 * 1.1... * 1.1... * 1.1.

Interview Questions

• Estimate size of the skiing industry in the U.S.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Linthicum, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume and received an email requesting an initial phone screen the next day.
    The phone interview was a few days later and lasted 30 minutes (very general questions were asked - i.e., what makes a good consultant?)
    Shortly after the phone screen I was invited to the office for the final round of interviews
    Final round interviews lasted approximately 5 hours and were conducted by 6 individuals (1:1) representing a mix of consultants, managers, and principals/partners

Interview Questions

• Run me through each line item, tab-by-tab, in a financial model   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Baltimore, MD) in November 2008.

Interview

Had a quick one-on-one interview at my school that was conversational and behavioral. That lasted about 20 minutes. I was then invited to Baltimore to interview with 5 employees, ranging from partners to relatively new hires. The interview questions varied from conversational "Tell me about yourself" types to case interviews and financial discussions ("Walk me through building a DCF"). I was not well enough prepared for the interview, and didn't hear back. I knew I wouldn't.

Interview Questions

• There was a pretty straightforward business case about market sizing and sales, but I couldn't get to the heart of it in time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Annapolis (Linthicum, MD) in January 2008.

Interview

I had a one on one interview on campus, consisting mostly of cases. The pressure was high. Typical MBA questions --> WACC and valuation. A few weeks later they invited me to their offices, along with about a half dozen of my grad school colleagues. Again, case questions. Only the partners have the latitude to interview you free form. In that case, they are looking for who they want to work with.

They invited MBAs were cool guys, by the way, none of the yuppy scum were either invited or interested. But... one other consideration: First Annapolis is far more interested in "mental horsepower" than they are the standard behavioral questions. And, I think that is right on. I mean, "Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership?" Really?

FAC people are very bright and very specialized. It will take you no time to be engrossed in the subject matter. Payments are ubiquitous and fascinating. And lucrative.

I wasn't a first pick, so it took them a few weeks to come back with an offer. I would feel free to contact the HR person. It is a very comfortable atmosphere, and you rank ten times higher than her once you start.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company funded solely by equity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make a standard offer, which can be negotiated up, but only marginally. Ask for more, but be gracious about it. 5-7% extra and you're done.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Annapolis in March 2011.

Interview

The selection process consisted of a phone interview, followed by a consulting day with 4 interview sessions of 45 minute duration each. The first discussion was with the partner, followed
    by 2 sessions with Sr Consultants and ended with an associate. Each interviewer touched upon
    the candidate resume and presented a 15 minute small case.

Positives:

The interviewers were personable and passionate about their work and the company
    They articulated well the value proposition of First Annapolis. One could observe a strong focus
    on collaboration and teamwork, which were elucidated with concrete examples. The hands - on
    consulting approach was substantiated with detailed project examples.

Negatives:

Two of the interviewers weren't prepared, lacked structure in discussions and often digressed from
    the topic. In a couple of instances opinions expressed weren't backed by facts which demonstrated
    poor consulting skills. I'd carefully highlight that this was w.r.t industry insights, while they may have
    been good at explaining projects.

The case presented by the Sr. Consultant was drawn from project experience, and it seemed the
    problem situation wasn't well thought out. The interviewer was unsure about numbers, and couldn't
    provide information in areas related to line of questioning.

Generally case interviews are followed by a detailed feedback discussion. This didn't happen at First
    Annapolis.

The partner mentioned First Annapolis' deal fee is a small fraction of that of a top strategy house, which wasn't a wise thing to be conveyed to an interview candidate. And of course the interviewers could have dressed in business formals.

Interview Questions

• Card Company is experiencing issues with profitability. How would you approach this situation ?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Annapolis in October 2010.

Interview

Very straightforward, phone interview with Senior Analyst asking about interest/personality/experience. In office interview consisted of a panel of about 5 interviews with people of varying statures in the firm. Very accommodating and overall a great interview experience. For a small firm, lots to offer.