First Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at First Citizens Bank

2.5

1. Featured Interview

SSRII Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank.

Interview

Phone interview and assessment prior to any physical interview. Computer access a must. Also, must be patient. The process takes a little while. You will get an email to set up a time an interviewer can call you for a pre-phone interview. Make sure you answer your phone. If you are a call screener, don't bother applying.

Interview Questions

• what is a situation, business or personal, you had to make a tough decision about that you knew doing the right thing would make your life difficult.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Charleston, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Long and in-depth with lots of emphasis on both technical know how and personality traits. Many accounting and credit based questions such as definitions of terms such as cash conversion cycle and what it means, how would you define free cash flow, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and your previous boss disagreed, and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. HR sets up the interviews and then you are pretty much in contact with HR the entire time. Hiring process was fairly quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were related to the specific job and not behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiating. Salaries are pretty much set.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my school's Career Development Center and had my first round interview on campus a week after applying. The interview consisted of behavioral questions so don't worry so much on anything technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was a 30 minute phone interview. Very basic and behavior, walked interviewer through resume and she asked me about strengths/weaknesses etc. Second interview was one hour one-on-one in person interview. Again, mostly behavioral, with a couple questions about the classes I took, how they would be relevant to this position, and why I was interested in FirstBank and this position specifically.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an over the phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. Fairly standard intern level questions: Tell us how your coursework makes you a good fit for this role, Tell us about yourself etc. About a week later had an in person interview that went over more of the fine minutia of the actual role and responsibilities the intern would have. The in person interview was much more technical than the phone interview.

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy since I knew someone who worked there. The process started with a phone screen and escalated to a one on one with The Business and Commercial manager and then to the Area Executive. The conversation was more getting to know me with the focus on what is your plan to be successful in commercial lending, what is your method of prospecting and client follow up. After the background check, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your production and how will you transition from residential to commercial lending.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My negotiation was fixed based on my level of experience. However, that will not always be the case.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at First Citizens in March 2014.

Interview Details – Multi interview process which takes up to 3-4 hours. You'll start with general, outdated and typical, questions from the person who greets you. You'll likely have to interview with a general manager type who asks the typical non-technological questions...the type of silly things you find in an interview.

You'll eventually graduate to a "technical" interview. This is where, if you're worth your salt in this industry, you'll probably want to change your mind. The interview consisted of being questioned on the basic process of a computer starting up, how it gets an address, resolves DNS and how they believe a web proxy should be setup. All entry level items with a few random Nexus questions thrown in with no follow up on the question after you answer it.

Last, you'll meet with a "VP" level manager who is extremely opinionated and very far removed from the actual technology but still makes low level decisions.

Interview Questions

This was a dead end for my career with my experience. They were looking for many years of experience, but someone who was ok being "stuck" in a middle layer tier doing operations.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

After being laid off, two former coworkers had advised me that their earlier experiences working at First Citizens was poor. After having attended an interview there, I agree. The phone interview went very well, but later when I arrived (on time) for the face-to-face interview the hiring manager came out po'd about something. I later learned he was angry at his boss. The manager came into the interview with a negative attitude, and had a chip on his shoulder during the interview. I next interviewed with his boss, who was a loud mouthed, overly friendly, self-important blowhard. No wonder his subordinate was upset. A highly unprofessional experience, and a complete waste of my time. Never again. Also, HR probably needs to be outsourced. They are not a useful group. Additionally, they had me fill out extensive documentation with *alot* of personal information to be turned over to them as a condition to the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was the best thing said about you on an evaluation?   Answer Question
    • What was the worst thing said about you on an evaluation?   Answer Question

Unprofessional, small-minded managers.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank.

Interview

Phone interview with team and then a face to face with management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Interview

IT was a one day meeting with 4 different people. 2 Ba's and there was one developer and the manager. The interview ranged from past projects to new technologies.

Interview Questions

• For Asp.net position. Asked some simple questions on ASP.net and web development and a few sql questions   Answer Question