First Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Interview

I had a panel interview with 3 wonderful sups. Ally of experience between all 3. Which I love people who know what they are doing. The whole process has taken a
    month. But from panel to drug and background it's quick

Negotiation

It was great!'

Business Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Process was lengthy. Went through about 5 interviews hiring manager, area executive, couple of phone interviews with HR. Whole process was very through and I always knew the next steps. One of the best process I have been through

Float Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. After I applied I got a call from a recruiter asking for a phone interview, which was about 30 minutes long. I then received an email a few days later asking to come in for an in person interview, and that took about an hour. Overall my experience with the interviews have been great. HOWEVER... I hadn't heard any updates regarding if I had gotten the job or not or next interview steps etc. I emailed TWICE asking for updates within 3 weeks and hadn't heard anything. I emailed a THIRD time and come to find out, I did not get the position. Were they NOT going to tell me? I find this very unprofessional of a company. I feel that I should be updated and informed even if I did not get the position.

Product & Channel Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online at careers site. Got an email stating that my resume is under consideration after 7 days. HR emailed me within 3 days to set up telephone interview which lasted 45 minutes. After a week Hiring manager(VP level) contacted to set up panel interview rounds with 2 other managers Face to Face 3 rounds of 30 min discussion. Mostly behavioral type of questions. After a week hiring manager contacted me to be interviewed by SVP(30 min). I was contacted on the same day for an final round of face to face interview with the Department channel head. The interview lasted 45 minutes(Thorough behavioral type of questions) Almost all the managers came very thoroughly prepared. The interview was very friendly and if you are the right candidate you will know it right away. The whole process for me took 40 days.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

A local recruitment agency called for resume. It took a month from resume submission to first screening with hiring manager and final 3 hours long interview with four people including the hiring manager again. All or most interview questions with the panel were technical questions which I answered. The final feedback was they are looking for more experienced in the business area even though there were no business questions or no involvement from the business in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is InUP ? It seemed interviewer expects all to know the new words he adds in his own vocabulary. Then interview answers on his own that InUP is opposite to UpSERT.   Answer Question
    • Suppose there are two database tables, how would you compare them, explain on whiteboard.   1 Answer
    • Is your current company finding another project for you and have you applied in other places ?   1 Answer

Financial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long over many weeks and multiple interviews. The most alarming part was that my confidentiality was broken by one the hiring managers. I clearly stated that they could not contact my current employer, which is usually a professional courtesy. One the hiring manager's contacted a former colleague currently working at my current employer using my name asking for input. That information was relayed to my Manager.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. HR sets up the interviews and then you are pretty much in contact with HR the entire time. Hiring process was fairly quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were related to the specific job and not behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiating. Salaries are pretty much set.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Columbia, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional to say the least. I interviewed with a recruiter who told me she would make sure I heard back from her or the company. I interviewed in February 2017. It is now April 2017 and nothing. Not even a thank you and I even sent her a thank you email after the interview. The company profile says there is a step process. I have a wealth of experience but kind of slim on the lending part of it but have everything else. I see they have re-posted the position for at least the fourth time now. I am no longer interested in working for this company and I have an account with them. This is not the way to operate. At least let me know that you are going to pursue other candidates and let me know why. I have nearly 5 years of Bank Manager experience and over 15 years of store manager and supervisory experience. No reason for them to leave me hanging without a response.

Interview Questions

• How much lending experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What make you want to relocate to this area (Columbia SC Market) and what can you offer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself and how you became a candidate for this opening.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

A telephone interview is conducted by a recruiter. If they believe that you're fit for a job they refer you to the hiring manager. That's when you'll come in and have a face to face interview with the lead hiring manager for the position. The process takes about 3-4 weeks so it's hard to patiently wait.

Interview Questions

• What a problem that you incounteted in your past work experience where you had to deal with an unruly customer?   1 Answer

Personal Lines Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Employment Consultant contacted me for a brief phone interview. She asked me questions about my current job and responsibilities to determine if I was a fit for the positon I applied for. Hiring manager called me a week later for another phone interview with her. Went in for an onsite interview a week later and met other associates. It was a very pleasant experience. Everyone was laid back and very nice and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to First Citizens   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online and thought I would be a good fit for the position. I had a phone interview and was then invited for an in-person interview with the executive. The interview was very strange. He (the executive) mostly talked about himself and how great and wonderful his current assistant is and how it is going to be impossible to replace her. He asked me very few questions. Just the typical questions such as why do you want to work here and where do you see yourself in five years.