First Manhattan Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Manhattan Consulting Group Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Manhattan Consulting Group

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview is a staffing recruiter. Very awkward interview, interviewer didn't know what they wanted to ask, was confused by position, and had rude remarks when asked to explain. Concentrated on downtime in my resume (I had been out of school for a month and left my job 2 wks prior), asked to talk about methodology ( just want to know if you have worked with big datasets). Talk very direct on what they ask (a little behind on how far data has come, only care about quantitative and number crunching, big on "Big Data"), don't talk about your future aspirations( where you see yourself), concentrate on speaking about data mining on Access (the software they use).

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your data analysis experience?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Simple questions about your experience working with data, what you did in college etc. They hire a lot of people out of college with 0 work experience. Phone interview then in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under stress with work, and how did you manage your time?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

First round interview on the phone, which was pretty easy. Then invited to a final round interview at the office where I had 6 one on one interviews. Walked through resume, some behavioral, and given 5 case questions ugh.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through career website. They contacted me by email to set up a phone interview. This was followed by another phone interview. Then they set up the in person interviews, which took 4.5 hours for the whole afternoon. 6 different people interviewed me from various levels of the company, all the way from someone who was currently an analyst to 3 of the vice presidents.

Interview Questions

• None. Purely personal questions and questions about resume   Answer Question

Preferred trading and got a trading offer

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through OCR. Thirty minuted interview consisted of a short case and typical why consulting questions. Interviewer was very straightforward in helping me determine whether consulting with banks as sole client (and thus restricted to this career path in banking industry forever) and long hours would be a fit for me.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, 1:1 with a director. He is a very nice person, and I liked how he took time to read through the details of my resume. During the 30 minute interview he did give a case: If you are going to open a bank in this neighborhood, what factors would you consider and how are you going to attract customers?

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

4 interviews with people at different levels of the firm on site. Had a phone interview with one of the consultants who was away at a client engagement. Presentation of the firm after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many changes are made to Wikipedia in any given day?   Answer Question
    • Estimate the amount of deposits held at your local bank.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

First round was one 1:1 Interview, fairly straightforward; final round was a full day of 7 45-minute interviews with current employees of various levels.

Interview Questions

• How many ATMs are there in the US?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. First 15 minutes were behavioral questions and the last 15 was a market-sizing case. The interviewer also asked me about some of my experiences listed on my resume. The only issue I had with the interviewer was that he did not give much feedback and seemed pretty uncomfortable so be prepared for that. I talked with some other interviewees and they said the same thing.

Why First Manhattan Consulting?
    Are you okay with specializing in one area of consulting?

Interview Questions

• How many medallion taxi cabs are there in New York City? He did not comment very much and did not say anything at the end so I do not know how I did.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Manhattan Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview

CV/Cover Letter screen followed by first-round on-campus case and behavioral interview. Flown out to NY for second round interview, which consisted of one case and two behavioral interviews. FMCG values quantitative skills, as it works primarily for clients in the financial industry. Be comfortable with numbers. Cases were computation-heavy; be prepared to defend your answers/assumptions. Had three interviews in 2nd round, with only one case, which consisted of market sizing and traditional case format.

Interview Questions

First Manhattan seemed like an excellent opportunity, but I declined because an alternate offer from a firm working in an industry I was more interested in