FirstBank (Colorado) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstBank (Colorado) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.5

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado).

Interview

Applied online; traditional resume and info needed. Then took two quizzes that assessed my problem solving skills and personality type. Received email to schedule interview at headquarters. 2 interviewers -- one hiring manager, one recruiter

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) (Lone Tree, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is very straight forward. You do a phone interview which is very basic and simply covers your personality.The second and third interviews are in person one after another on the same day in which they run through your resume and qualifications and why you want to work there. They are very friendly throughout the process and try to ensure the interviews run no more than an hour in total.

Interview Questions

• What about First Bank makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado).

Interview

I applied for the online and received a call from an admin a couple of weeks letter wanting me to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

After I completed the online application, I was asked to complete an online personality assessment. It was timed and it was very strange. There were many questions such as "this is to that, as that is to" and I had to select the right answer, but they didn't give full words is was just letters. It was really weird. There were also questions like determining the next number in a pattern and rounding percentages and fractions.

The interview, in general, was strange as well. They started off by asking me to take charge and lead the interview. I was like "ummm ok." So I started talking through my resume and they asked questions and we continued on for about an hour and half. I had the sense that the hiring manager was very inexperienced with interviewing. Very friendly, but go off track often and would circle back around to questions after we had moved on. The hiring managers manager, also in the room, seemed much more together and experienced, in general.

Frankly, the hiring managers background and experience started to make me nervous during the interview. I kept thinking "this person has no idea what the role is, what the team does and is totally nervous right now describing the role to me."

Despite all this, they seemed like nice friendly people that I would enjoy working with. However, right as I was about to leave, the hiring manager asked me my current salary, which was on my application as it was a required field (also my expected salary). I told them and received the most frustrating and irritating response I could have received, which was "wow that's really high there's no way we can come close to that."

Why do employers even invite me to an interview if they know from my application that they could no way meet my current salary. I feel like a broken record here writing reviews because this keeps happening to me. Why do employers require my current salary and expected salary on the application, if they are going to waste everyone's time by calling me in to interview to simply tell me there is no possible way they could meet my current salary?

Bottom line, I've added yet another employer onto my list of people I won't ever consider working for as they are complete wastes of my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you coach or train someone?   1 Answer

Phone Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) (Lakewood, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

started with a phone interview at the same day they called me for a second interview. All went great my second interview was with two people. they all asked me general question, about why i want to work here what is my goals , my past work experience.

Mortgage Loan Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) (Lakewood, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Long online application with a math/reasoning and character test. After that was completed, in less than a week they requested an in person interview.

The interview took 1/2 an hour and was conducted by three supervisors. It was not too difficult or technical, with the main focus being to determine if you were capable of the environment and working condition. Truly an entry level position.

After the in person interview, they checked all my references and supervisors, then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to this position?

Would you be OK working in an office environment?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) (Goodyear, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for interview two days later. It was a face-to-face interview with both the branch manager and the banking officer. Overall it was a good experience. They were very friendly.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) in March 2016.

Interview

One interview with 4 people 2:1 than 2:1 !!! You must be prepared, research the bank , go in confident and practice questions.
    Tattoos are not allowed and you might be able to relocate .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be excited and sound confident in what you say. The pay is what they list

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

3 man team in different interviews. All 1:1 interviews. Asked about self discription. Questions about prior work experience and what to expect on the job. Very professional and had easy to
    Meet expectations.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions based on the results of the survey taken.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado).

Interview

Really quick and simple interview process at two branches. Was asked mostly questions relating to what I am like as a person and some on teamwork, dealing with a difficult customer, ect. The people were very nice and they got back to me within the time frame that they said they would which was a week. In other cases they got back to me within a day. A very positive experience for me and a very great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How would you deal with a difficult customer?
      What would you do if you did not know what to do?
      Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) (Denver, CO).

Interview

Apply in person(currently everything is done online, including assessment test). Called for interview. Interviewed with 3 different officers in same day. Called me back same day to offer me a position. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Background personal information. Why I would be a good fit.   Answer Question