FirstGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstGroup Interview Questions

2.9

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstGroup (Danbury, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

Typical hiring process. Very dragged out. It took more than one month to receive an offer letter once interviews were done.other than the length 3 interviews. Background check drug screen DMV check.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FirstGroup (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with HR followed by in person interviews in the office. I first interviewed with the hiring manager which lasted an hour and then talked with 2 of the business analysts on the team. Overall a pleasant experience.

Marketing and Sales Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstGroup (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process like many graduate programmes includes: application, online test, video interview and assessment centre. I found the assessment was fun, enjoyable and the company seemed great. My advice is to relax and be yourself.

However I am disappointed that I have yet to receive feedback from FirstGroup regarding my assessment centre, 6 weeks ago, perhaps its a blessing I didn't get an offer as say a lot about a company!

Interview Questions

• Interview question were based on strengths not competences so you could only answer what you honestly believe and is hard to prep for these. Just make sure you know your work experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Rail Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FirstGroup (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

After the initial online application, you are required to complete online tests. One of the easiest I have completed out of any graduate application. Next you have to do a video interview before you are invited to attend the assessment centre. The assessment centre started the evening before - FirstGroup pay for your dinner and stay as well as giving you drink vouchers so you can socialise with staff and ask any questions you wish. The next morning is the start of the assessment centre which involves group tasks, individual tasks as well as an interview.

Customer Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstGroup in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online via company website. Wait for a reply and follow the instructions sent by them. You should do a bit of background searching reguarding the position your applying for and anything else that you my think of doing for the Position. During your telephone interview you may need a glass of water at hand just in case. Answer the questions truthfully and always listen very carefully. You will be asked a final question and this is the one that sells yourself. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• The first of upto 5 possibilities depending on your reply of the first.   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FirstGroup (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a highway code and maths test, if you had passed that you were asked to see a manager and they would do a short 10-15 minute interview. You then had to do a short drive about in the company van to ensure you were able to drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for First?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstGroup in August 2013.

Interview

interview did not go well. One of the company representatives fell asleep when I was answering his questions which made the interview very difficult to do. The lack of respect for an interviewee made it extremely difficult for me to care about the company or the role.

Interview Questions

• The questions were of the standard nature. No questions seems to stand outto me as particularly difficult   Answer Question

Pcv Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FirstGroup (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Don`t go in without reading up on the company and whats happened recently, need to have good communication skills and a maths test / induction. They might give you a driving assessment its usually in a car so just take your time and listen to the person with you and follow their instructions on where to turn, IE like a Driving Test , that`s what they want.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Firstgroup.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FirstGroup in January 2009.

Interview

Interview was fine, however the company representatives were veyr bland. They lacked excitement for FirstGroup and therefore made it hard for me to get excited for the job.