Five Below Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Below Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Below.

Interview

The whole process was pretty easy , i seen a post about the new location on facebook and went over to do a application. I was interviewed on sight and started shortly after. Great experience !

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Five Below (New Braunfels, TX).

Interview

Interviewed by district manager who didn't seem impressed. Had to drive 45 miles to a store because the one in my city was not open yet. We sat in a small office. He mostly spoke of the company and the requirements. He stressed how the company isn't like any other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more money! Do not settle!!!

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Interview

The interview was easy but the whole process was just completely unprofessional. My interview was scheduled for 11am, I get there at 10:45am. I didn't even see the manager until 11:30. Why I stayed that long I don't even know. The rest of the employees were rude and definitely didn't make me want to work there. The manager asked me two questions, then told me he would hire me but I had to come back the next day because he didn't feel like doing the paperwork today because he wanted to leave and enjoy his day off... I understand wanting to enjoy your day off but why even schedule an interview if you didn't want to put in the effort?

What A Great Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Below (New Hartford, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The most chilled and relaxed interview I have ever had in my life, and I have applied to many jobs within my lifetime.

We did not go into the backroom for the interview, but rather stayed on the floor because they were doing truck that day, fair enough.

The employees were very nice and chilled atmosphere, I can't explain how nice it was, each store varies depending on which one you go to, but the staff basically welcomed me in with open arms.

Interview Questions

• Why Five Below?
      What experience do you have?
      And the store manager made a big deal about being upbeat and moving fast.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five Below (Staten Island, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on the sales floor for less than five minutes
    Asked basic questions
    Talked about the store and what the job entailed
    That's really it, not much to it.
    Pretty simple. But hours are short, minimum wage, I was even told that the job is better for high school students or for a first time job.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, emailed by DM few days later, met face to face. Upon arrival to store, DM was on salesfloor with the store team. While waiting I opened/closed my purse several times, putting away keys/cellphone etc; each time I opened my bag the DM's head was practically inside of it eyeing the contents. After a few minutes, I was taken to the backroom and asked to fill a paper application. After another 10-15 min, DM returns to inform me that the position is actually for an Assistant position and that based on my application I was "...over qualified and I can't afford you...". He then asked me questions regarding my prior DM, asking if I thought that DM would be interested in being a DM for Five Below etc. It echoed of the multi-level marketing "companies" who request "references" just to go around and attempt to recruit said "references". The DM then went on to compare Five Below as superior marketing/operational/sales etc to a Big Box Pharmaceutical company in my work history before I stopped him and declined to go any further with the interview. It was almost as if once my experience came out to be true, he just started saying anything that came to mind.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your DM (insert name) would be interested in joining Five Below?   1 Answer

Catfishing by posting false position and leading applicants to believe that interviews are for said position.
    DM was highly unprofessional which speaks volumes about the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Below (Toledo, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy, the HR asked simple and short questions like what my availability was and what university I go to. The interview took place at the back of the store, the HR was nice and easy to talk to.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Below (Mayfield Heights, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application and they called me a week after asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was short and easy the general manager asked me a couple of questions like ( tell me about yourself, your recent job history, your education information) things like that and i got the jon on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me things about yourself??   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Below.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager saying that they were interested in interviewing me. I went to the interview and then got a call back in 1-2 weeks confirming that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• They asked me "What makes you stand out the most?".   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Below.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager in training. She was straightforward, very easy to talk to, was open about the downsides of the job (sometimes snippy customers, on-call shifts can be inconvenient.) I appreciated her candor on the negatives of the job. She spoke about how long she'd been with the company and various locations she'd worked at, all of her experiences there and what her career path so far had been. Helpful and informative.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on-call shifts before? Are you comfortable with them?   1 Answer