Fivestars Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 95 of over 95 interviews

Campus Recruiting11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Fivestars

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fivestars

Interview

Horrible. Dont trust this company when they say they’re hiring. I applied and same day they emailed me saying they want to interview. I had two calls within a week with Nabil Perez who would have been my manager. Interviews went great and I was definitely qualified for the role. During the second call she laid out next steps for me to have third and final interview and to await an email from an Alex Randall. A week goes by and nothing, I followed up twice and never received a response or even a rejection. Wasted my time just to not even let me know why I didn’t get the role.

Interview Questions
  • They did a skills assessment test and a mock cancellation call.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Fivestars

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fivestars

Interview

Recruiter screen, first round technical interview, and onsite with technical and behavioral questions. Interviewers were all very nice people and easy to work with, and feedback after each step was timely. Received an offer shortly after the onsite

Interview Questions
  • Study Leetcode medium and basic system design topics, also be ready to speak on the teams you've worked with and your projects/experience

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

229 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fivestars (San Francisco, CA) in May 2021

Interview

Pretty great - not so involved and seemed just right (Recruiter screen, HM, then 4 hr virtual onsite). The communication between stages was good as I was kept in the loop and it was pretty timely.

Interview Questions
  • Each interviewer had their own area that they were asked to cover and what I enjoyed was that the questions were all related to their mission/values as well as my skills and experience.

Fivestars

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fivestars in Apr 2021

Interview

I ended up being ghosted by the recruiter. After initially submitting my resume, I got a call. The call wasn't scheduled (the recruiter called me without setting up a meeting) and, because it was during my dinnertime, we agreed on another call the next day. When we spoke the next day, the conversation felt a bit rushed and didn't even last 10 minutes. After disclosing my salary expectations, the recruiter seemed fine with this and continued to ask me questions. 2-3 questions later, he told me that, actually, their salary cap was less than my expectations. He said that he had a meeting with the hiring manager directly after our call, though, and that he's bring it up to them and get back to me. Except, I never heard back--and that was 2 weeks ago. Additionally, the role I was interviewing for had the exact same job description as a more junior level role, so it seems like they're a bit unsure of what they were doing. Overall, they don't seem very organized.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in your next role? Sales experience?

Fivestars

Application

I interviewed at Fivestars

Interview

They emailed me to set up the interview by asking what time i was available, and we did the interview over the phone. Asked me about myself and my intentions, and my knowledge over some systems. It was ok overall, the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fivestars

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fivestars

Interview

Typical phone screen with basic interview questions. The process was smooth and the recruiter was on time and friendly. Asked my availability and confirmed compensation leading me to believe that it had gone well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fivestars

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fivestars in Mar 2020

Interview

Applied online, had a recruiter call, hiring manager call, VP call and on-site that was remote for obvious reasons right now. Everyone was very friendly, professional, communication was timely and good, and they even provided feedback. Today, that is almost unheard of, so I definitely appreciated and respected that in a company. Areas of concern: This role is not purely product marketing and should be split in two or renamed. They want this role to help with customer adoptions post-sale and working with ops team. They are also very sales heavy and I see that as a problem for the price of the product and lack of education and conversion via demand gen and content. Lastly, as they focus on the payments product it seems they are not sure if they are focusing on the loyalty program which is what they are and know for. Payments is already a saturated market. Seems to be some confusion in vision and strategy.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Fivestars (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

The process 1. HR phone call 2. First Phone call with 2 developers 3. Phone call with Engineering Manager. 4. Onsite ( 5 hours 2 white board sessions + 1 coding session + 1 Management + 1 HR

Interview Questions
  • I don't want to disclose any questions but i just want to share my experience. If a senior person is interviewed by a Junior and interns. It will be very bad because the person who is on other sider neither they had knowledge or experience. It's like old saying "Frog in the well" . True vs true : only if you know multiple languages. If person on the other side knows only one language it's not my problem.

Fivestars

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fivestars in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied online within a day or so I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview, gave them my availability and crickets when I hadn't heard back from either of the people on the email I sent a follow-up, again crickets. a week or 2 later I get an email saying they got such an overwhelmng response that they were no longer interested!

Interview Questions
  • what is your availability for a phone interview?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fivestars (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

Interview process was well coordinated from instructions on how to get to the office, parking, coffee shops in the area etc. Recruiter and on-site interview coordinator were very responsive, professional and very helpful throughout the process. A+ for making it such a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were mostly technical, describe how problem was resolved, behavioral and related to team work.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Interviews